Happy list

Thistle

Indeed.
I'm trying to remember the last time I ate at a MacDonalds. Some time in the 1990s.
White bread is another killer. Cheap and ubiquitous. Its the filler that the poor use to ease pangs of hunger. Leading to an obese population that is deeply malnourished.
Back in the late 70s and early 80s my brother started a landscaping company. I worked for him in the summers when I was in college. We got the contract on every McDonald's in Kansas City and I lived on quarter pounder's fries and chocolate shakes. Of course at that age resilience to bad food is as good as it will ever be, and the hard work we were doing was healthy, but I still had terrible acne, and other indications that I was eating food that was not good for me at all. I remember one time we were doing a big lawn renovation project on some very nice home, and my brother said "what do you want for lunch I'll grab you something" I said "just get me one of their biggest burgers" he went to a little local joint and came back with a burger that had five hamburger patties on it, fries, chocolate shake . . . the bottom of the bag was so saturated in grease it was translucent. In those days I could eat anything including that, but I do recall that it sat in my stomach like a rock. It's a miracle I survived.

Mr Laurier

Back in the late 70s and early 80s my brother started a landscaping company. I worked for him in the summers when I was in college. We got the contract on every McDonald's in Kansas City and I lived on quarter pounder's fries and chocolate shakes. Of course at that age resilience to bad food is as good as it will ever be, and the hard work we were doing was healthy, but I still had terrible acne, and other indications that I was eating food that was not good for me at all. I remember one time we were doing a big lawn renovation project on some very nice home, and my brother said "what do you want for lunch I'll grab you something" I said "just get me one of their biggest burgers" he went to a little local joint and came back with a burger that had five hamburger patties on it, fries, chocolate shake . . . the bottom of the bag was so saturated in grease it was translucent. In those days I could eat anything including that, but I do recall that it sat in my stomach like a rock. It's a miracle I survived.
Being young means being able to live on crappy food... for a while.
It started to not work so well for me as I got to my late 20s. So I started eating salads, fruit, and trail mix. Less greasy burgers, and more BLT on multigrain.
Landscaping is its own kind of brutal. I did drywall and insulation. Plus some roofing, and a stint with a framing carpentry outfit.
So glad I returned to restaurant work.
Also. Sister has new puppy.
The eater of shoes.

Fenuay

It started to not work so well for me as I got to my late 20s. So I started eating salads, fruit, and trail mix. Less greasy burgers, and more BLT on multigrain.
Landscaping is its own kind of brutal. I did drywall and insulation. Plus some roofing, and a stint with a framing carpentry outfit.
The eater of shoes.
He's adorable!! Gotta love puppies! What's his name?

Thistle

I'm sorry to say that I didn't really take measures to improve my diet until the last 10 years or so.
I got lots of sun landscaping, I can only imagine what it must've been like to spend a lot of time on the roof of a house.
Restaurant work is a and noble calling. Your help pull off a certain kind of experience that people don't enjoy in quite the same way at any other time.
The eater of shoes.
Very cute dog!