Has a segregation of ideology started?

Are some discriminating based upon ideology? Such as businesses, social media, big tech, corporations, people, groups, etc

Discrimination like with race but instead of race, it is ideology. For example: we won't do business with you because you are a conservative thinker.

Temujin

Are some discriminating based upon ideology? Such as businesses, social media, big tech, corporations, people, groups, etc

Discrimination like with race but instead of race, it is ideology. For example: we won't do business with you because you are a conservative thinker.
I think it is more like: we won't do business with you because you are an insurrectionist, a conspiracy theorist, a white supremacist, or a Q-anon adherent.

In other words: we won't do business with you because when normal people see us doing business with you, it will damage our brand.

Howie

Absolutely.

Yakuda

That's exactly what they are doing.

I think it is more like: we won't do business with you because you are an insurrectionist, a conspiracy theorist, a white supremacist, or a Q-anon adherent.

In other words: we won't do business with you because when normal people see us doing business with you, it will damage our brand.
Can that be easily changed to:

When atheist see us doing business with Christians that damages our brand.

When pro choice advocates see us doing business with pro life advocates that damages our brand.

When feminist see us doing business with men's rights activist that damages our brand.

When the lgbt see us doing business with biblical evangelicals that damages our brand.

Is it that some may need to get ideology added to the protected categories from discrimination like race and sex?

If some can discriminate on ideology then they can say i don't want to do business with you because you think you can whistle and walk at the same time. Not trying to be funny but this can get out of hand.

Things like ideology, religion, political side and positions on certain issues are suppose to be ignored by businesses despite how the public may feel or act because of it. And the public shouldn't act differently due to those things because it can easily be done to them and they won't like it. I understand it is different for businesses verses people. This starts be like public relations when it comes to what entertainers do and don't do but with ideology. This is politicizing everything.

Temujin

Can that be easily changed to:

When atheist see us doing business with Christians that damages our brand.

When pro choice advocates see us doing business with pro life advocates that damages our brand.

When feminist see us doing business with men's rights activist that damages our brand.

When the lgbt see us doing business with biblical evangelicals that damages our brand.
. Of course. And in each case the reverse is true. Are you saying that private businesses should be restricted in their choices simply because you don't like the choices they are making?

Is it that some may need to get ideology added to the protected categories from discrimination like race and sex?
Not ideology no. Religion should be protected from discrimination, but not ideology. Let me explain what I see as the difference. Companies should not be allowed to discriminate against someone because they are Christian or Muslim. Being a pro-life advocate is not the same, even if your pro-life views stem from being a Christian. Similarly being anti-homosexual or anti-evolution are not religious positions but ideological positions.
If some can discriminate on ideology then they can say i don't want to do business with you because you think you can whistle and walk at the same time. Not trying to be funny but this can get out of hand.
Why should private companies not be allowed to do this? If they make stupid decisions they will be undercut by competitors and go out of business.

Things like ideology, religion, political side and positions on certain issues are suppose to be ignored by businesses despite how the public may feel or act because of it. And the public shouldn't act differently due to those things because it can easily be done to them and they won't like it. I understand it is different for businesses verses people. This starts be like public relations when it comes to what entertainers do and don't do but with ideology. This is politicizing everything.
Look back at this paragraph, isolate the times you say "should" or "shouldn't". Who are you proposing makes that decision? Why?

Yakuda

You don't like ideS

Yakuda

. Of course. And in each case the reverse is true. Are you saying that private businesses should be restricted in their choices simply because you don't like the choices they are making?

Not ideology no. Religion should be protected from discrimination, but not ideology. Let me explain what I see as the difference. Companies should not be allowed to discriminate against someone because they are Christian or Muslim. Being a pro-life advocate is not the same, even if your pro-life views stem from being a Christian. Similarly being anti-homosexual or anti-evolution are not religious positions but ideological positions.
Why should private companies not be allowed to do this? If they make stupid decisions they will be undercut by competitors and go out of business.

Look back at this paragraph, isolate the times you say "should" or "shouldn't". Who are you proposing makes that decision? Why?
So if I understand you correctly if I own a business I can't discriminate based on religion but if a man is dressed like a woman I can discriminate?

Temujin

So if I understand you correctly if I own a business I can't discriminate based on religion but if a man is dressed like a woman I can discriminate?
I honestly don't know what the discrimination laws are in the US. Where I live, both religion and gender identity are protected characteristics, so you cannot refuse to serve someone because they are Christian and/or transgender. The laws may be different where you live. The important thing is that it isn't a freedom of speech issue.

Whateverman

Nope: it's been going on for a few decades already.

The minute a media network dedicated to the conservative viewpoint appeared, and people started to prefer it, ideology was segregated (as you put it). People preferring some product/service based only on the ideology it relies upon.

The bit you've mentioned is simply the corollary of that: people not preferring some product/service based only on the ideology it's NOT based upon; a conservative disliking MSNBC, for example.

Rush Limbaugh's been around for 30 years...

Yakuda

I honestly don't know what the discrimination laws are in the US. Where I live, both religion and gender identity are protected characteristics, so you cannot refuse to serve someone because they are Christian and/or transgender. The laws may be different where you live. The important thing is that it isn't a freedom of speech issue.
So why can a business refuse service because of ideology?

Temujin

So why can a business refuse service because of ideology?
Because it is my understanding that ideology is not a protected characteristic in your country. It certainly isn't in mine, and the US tends to be more liberal in such matters.

Yakuda

Because it is my understanding that ideology is not a protected characteristic in your country. It certainly isn't in mine, and the US tends to be more liberal in such matters.
So in other words some people are more equal than others. What country are you from?

Temujin

So in other words some people are more equal than others. What country are you from?
No, that's not what I said. Some aspects of a person are more protected than others. Everyone gets the same degree of protection.
I'm in the UK.

Yakuda

No, that's not what I said. Some aspects of a person are more protected than others. Everyone gets the same degree of protection.
I'm in the UK.
But if not everyone shares those "aspects" then yes in fact some are more equal than others.

Makes sense

Torin

Yes, I think so. This follows logically from the left's successful campaign to intricately paint everything except leftism as racism and white supremacy.

Would you want to do business with a racist? Would you want to do business with a white supremacist? No.

Conservative and libertarian (and Objectivist) businesses and employees need to think very carefully about who they work for and with - or dissimulate, if there's no other option for putting bread on the table.