Has There Ever Been An Issue On Which Conservatives Have Been Right?

"Jesus teaching" says nothing about the keeping of slaves being bad.
Heathen not only don't read The Word of God, they lie about it.

Why do the heathen rage?

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

The heathen are blocked from posting the millions The Lord delivered from bondage.

Try to do your best word games tricks and prove The Lord Jesus Christ is not LORD.

3+ million out of slavery and punished the slave masters.

That's a nice poem, but real slavery is one human owning another.
And being a slave to whatever has mastered one.

Nothing in the Bible against that.
Yes, as shown
1 Timothy 1:10 "for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine"
Corinthians 7:23 "You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings."

what do you mean by the 'Bible'?

And being a slave to whatever has mastered one.
well, maybe you are a “slave” to cigarettes or fried chicken, so what?

Is this supposed to some diversion from how the Bible has no problem with humans owning other humans?

Yes, as shown
1 Timothy 1:10 "for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine"

That one is actually pretty good. The older versions translate this as “kidnappers.”

I know slavery was falling out of favor as Christianity rose in the Roman Empire, when and where this was written.

I’ve heard countless debates between atheists and Christians. Funny this verse never comes up. Seems like a good one for claiming the Bible is anti-slavery.

I need to look at the original text to see if the words here are being misinterpreted in later English translations of the New Testament.

It seems odd neither Christian apologists nor atheist activists address this verse.

Going forward, you should jump right to this, in regards to Christian writings about slaveryrather than your typical dodging and trolling

Corinthians 7:23 "You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings."

Don’t use this one. Anyone can read it in context and it just makes you look stupid
what do you mean by the 'Bible'?
One of my careers is an academic. I teach and try to only use the term correctly. The Bible is the Hebrew Bible, what Christians call the Old Testament.

For convenience I will use the term Bible for any of the numerous collections of old writings people, colloquially call the Bible.

well, maybe you are a “slave” to cigarettes or fried chicken, so what?
No.

Is this supposed to some diversion from how the Bible has no problem with humans owning other humans?
Apart from where it does means you are only interested in seeing what you want to see. That woke imagination again.

That one is actually pretty good. The older versions translate this as “kidnappers.”
Kidnappers is right. andrapodistḗs is a derivative of men stealers.

I know slavery was falling out of favor as Christianity rose in the Roman Empire, when and where this was written.
But this was written; this is from the Bible you were referring to. Dont waste everyone's time if you arent interested

I need to look at the original text to see if the words here are being misinterpreted in later English translations of the New Testament.
Its been translated by experts throughout the centuries, you wont be able to

It seems odd neither Christian apologists nor atheist activists address this verse.
yes they do, and they answer your question. That you dont like it is just denial.

Going forward, you should jump right to this, in regards to Christian writings about slaveryrather than your typical dodging and trolling
No trolling matey, you still havent told us what it is that trans identifies as.

Don’t use this one. Anyone can read it in context and it just makes you look stupid
Don't use any of yours that condone slavery.. oh no you havent quoted any, there are some you know.

One of my careers is an academic.
So is mine and a much better one than you. Listen to me and you may attain a level you have never dreamed of.

@Electric Skeptic

The two least controversial examples are Prohibition and eugenics.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that conservatives took the 'right' side in both of those issues? I assume (and please correct me if I am wrong) that you think the 'right' side was to be against both prohibition and eugenics.

So so far...not a single issue on which conservatives have been proven to be right. Lots of childish insults against liberals and atheists, though. Can't say I'm surprised.

Back