Has Vatican III started?

1Thess521

is the Synod on Synodality actually Vatican III?
or Vatican II part II

Highlighting the themes of “unity, communion … fraternity,” the pontiff declared that the synod has “three key words: communion, participation and mission,” which would enable the Church to undergo a process of “change” and “healing.”

To avoid the “risk” of “formalism,” Francis declared that this would “require changing certain overly vertical, distorted and partial visions of the Church, the priestly ministry, the role of the laity, ecclesial responsibilities, roles of governance and so forth.”

Avoiding the “risk” of “complacency” necessitates the Synod being “a process of becoming,” which would change the very nature of the Church into a “synodal Church,” a “listening Church,” and a “Church of closeness.”

The Pope did not mention the Church’s God-given mission of teaching the faith. Instead he quoted French theologian Fr. Yves Congar, a hugely influential figure at Vatican II, saying: “‘There is no need to create another Church, but to create a different Church.’ That is the challenge. For a ‘different Church,’ a Church open to the newness that God wants to suggest, let us with greater fervour and frequency invoke the Holy Spirit and humbly listen to him, journeying together as he, the source of communion and mission, desires: with docility and courage.”

the Pope asked that Catholics “not soundproof our hearts; let us not remain barricaded in our certainties. So often our certainties can make us closed. Let us listen to one another.”

or Vatican II part II

Highlighting the themes of “unity, communion … fraternity,” the pontiff declared that the synod has “three key words: communion, participation and mission,” which would enable the Church to undergo a process of “change” and “healing.”

To avoid the “risk” of “formalism,” Francis declared that this would “require changing certain overly vertical, distorted and partial visions of the Church, the priestly ministry, the role of the laity, ecclesial responsibilities, roles of governance and so forth.”

Avoiding the “risk” of “complacency” necessitates the Synod being “a process of becoming,” which would change the very nature of the Church into a “synodal Church,” a “listening Church,” and a “Church of closeness.”

The Pope did not mention the Church’s God-given mission of teaching the faith. Instead he quoted French theologian Fr. Yves Congar, a hugely influential figure at Vatican II, saying: “‘There is no need to create another Church, but to create a different Church.’ That is the challenge. For a ‘different Church,’ a Church open to the newness that God wants to suggest, let us with greater fervour and frequency invoke the Holy Spirit and humbly listen to him, journeying together as he, the source of communion and mission, desires: with docility and courage.”

the Pope asked that Catholics “not soundproof our hearts; let us not remain barricaded in our certainties. So often our certainties can make us closed. Let us listen to one another.”

Would a different church mean it is changing. Interesting.

So this new church is one that will bless pagan gods, join hands with all the other religions and continue to ignore scripture.

It would be great if we saw them suddenly eradicate their false teachings, taught repentance and followed Jesus, but I doubt that will happening.

A group of German Catholic laypeople has issued a nine-page manifesto condemning the Synodal Path launched by the bishops which seeks to change Church teaching on issues such as female priesthood, homosexual relationships, and priestly celibacy.

The authors of the manifesto then accuse the synodal movement of fostering an erroneous notion of reform. They point out that the spirit of reform that animates the movement comes from a desire to adapt the teachings of the Church to current mainstream ideologies, rather than an attempt to more easily guide people towards the truth.

A group of German Catholic laypeople has issued a nine-page manifesto condemning the Synodal Path launched by the bishops which seeks to change Church teaching on issues such as female priesthood, homosexual relationships, and priestly celibacy.

The authors of the manifesto then accuse the synodal movement of fostering an erroneous notion of reform. They point out that the spirit of reform that animates the movement comes from a desire to adapt the teachings of the Church to current mainstream ideologies, rather than an attempt to more easily guide people towards the truth.

I appreciate their efforts while disagreeing with their theology; however I fear they will be slapped down as "protestants". The current hierarchy of the RCC seem determined to liberalize their church — look how the ultra - conservative sedevacantists were treated.

(Though we may be seeing the "one world church" forming. ?)

--Rich

Are the unity of the RCC.

Statue of Martin Luther displayed at Vatican for second time as pope addresses German protestants​

Pope Francis met with a group of some five hundred Lutherans from Germany on Monday morning as part of an ecumenical pilgrimage called “better together.” The statue of Luther erected for the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation appeared once again on the stage of the Vatican’s Paul VI hall.

www.lifesitenews.com/news/statue-of-martin-luther-again-on-display-at-popes-second-meeting-with-german-protestants/

Statue of Martin Luther displayed at Vatican for second time as pope addresses German protestants​

Pope Francis met with a group of some five hundred Lutherans from Germany on Monday morning as part of an ecumenical pilgrimage called “better together.” The statue of Luther erected for the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation appeared once again on the stage of the Vatican’s Paul VI hall.

www.lifesitenews.com/news/statue-of-martin-luther-again-on-display-at-popes-second-meeting-with-german-protestants/
Why does the phrase "one world church" come to mind?

--Rich

Without checking the link, I recall this story from 2017 as part of the Reformation anniversary.

Without checking the link, I recall this story from 2017 as part of the Reformation anniversary.
Yep, the article says that it's the second time. It does puzzle me though - why'd they bring the statue out? Was Franky supposed to bow to it? Run away in fear and horror? Beats me!

--Rich

Yep, the article says that it's the second time. It does puzzle me though - why'd they bring the statue out? Was Franky supposed to bow to it? Run away in fear and horror? Beats me!

--Rich
It is amusing considering how he is viewed by RCs on these threads. They blame him for everything, without ever reflecting on the RCC's flaws.

or Vatican II part II

An overwhelming majority of participants in the German Church’s Synodal Path have voted in favor of both the blessing same-sex couples and the ordination of women.
According to CNA Deutsch, the text was passed by 174 votes in favor, 30 against, and 6 abstentions.

or Vatican II part II
VATICAN CITY (LifeSiteNews) – Pope Francis today announced a re-ordering of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), splitting the doctrinal and disciplinary elements into two separate parts amid rumors that he is altering the Congregation to become more LGBT friendly

Rome will sleep with anyone. (Rev. 17)
I almost feel sorry for the RCs on here. They are trying their best to defend their "mother", but she keeps betraying them.

Rev 18:4 [DRC] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying: Go out from her, my people; that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

? May the Lord open the people's hearts and minds. Amen.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

My head hurts! There's dogmas, and doctrines, and teachings, and now there are "binding doctrines"? How can anyone keep track of it all?? ?

Celibacy, we were told here, was just an exercise? a vow? Something like that. And now, it seems, it's a "binding doctrine"? The RCC hierarchy seems to be going wild with the "binding and loosing" stuff.

And despite this "synodal path", the RCs on here keep boasting about their unity! ?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

My head hurts! There's dogmas, and doctrines, and teachings, and now there are "binding doctrines"? How can anyone keep track of it all?? ?

Celibacy, we were told here, was just an exercise? a vow? Something like that. And now, it seems, it's a "binding doctrine"? The RCC hierarchy seems to be going wild with the "binding and loosing" stuff.

And despite this "synodal path", the RCs on here keep boasting about their unity! ?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Oh if they could just list those infallible doctrines, teachings, practices, customs etc then we would know what was what but no they cannot list them.

But I thought it was just a practice?

Oh if they could just list those infallible doctrines, teachings, practices, customs etc then we would know what was what but no they cannot list them.

But I thought it was just a practice?
Right! "Practice" was the word I was looking for! ?+? (But if the type of doctrine is undefined, you can play all kinds of shell games!)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Right! "Practice" was the word I was looking for! ?+? (But if the type of doctrine is undefined, you can play all kinds of shell games!)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
I agree we were taught we had to believe in limbo. It was taught as doctrine but apparently was never doctrine. Yep it is all the RC game can you spot the infallible doctrines.

or Vatican II part II

The key word in that spiel is DOCILITY! No matter what garbage they come up with just swallow it sheeple. DO NOT question your mad-hysterical!

Back