Hate speech: Anti-Christian Antisemitism

shnarkle

Hardly a month goes by when I am not subjected to verbal attacks of virulent Anti-Christian hate. So it came as no surprise last night when someone I talk to periodically launched a diatribe against first Christians and then Jews. The speaker was a self identified atheist. He was also a firm believer in the Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy theory which has been around for a very long time. His expression of the ZOG dogma was complete with all the familiar features. It was like hearing a creed recited. I kept quiet and let him talk. I know how to shut up and listen when people are opening up and expressing their ideology.

Meanwhile churches are being destroyed all around the world every day. It is the new normal.
It's ironic how this has become so pervasive, yet atheists, and skeptics will continue to claim that Christianity is so dangerous. The biggest danger is in the arsonists lighting the wrong buildings on fire, or those fires spreading to neighboring buildings, or worst of all, their Christophobic hateful ideology becoming popular.

In what used to be called "the free world" the church as an institution is under attack. Hate crimes against symbols of the institution go unpunished. Verbal assaults on christians are considered acceptable and go unnoticed and unpunished. Since November 2016 expressions of hatred for Christians have become a normal experience in public discourse. On the left coast the prevailing metanarrative is full of hate for institutional Christianity as well as individuals who identify with historical orthodoxy. Burning churches in Canada go unpunished while the Prime Minister infamously gives the perpetrators a free pass. I haven't followed this closely since Canada is a foreign country. I don't live there. The hate I see is hyperlocal. On the streets of a dysfunctional city which has reverted into anarchy.

Faithoverbelief

Churches are not being destroyed, they are dying because people are increasingly seeing them as irrelevant.
Church attendance is dropping and individual churches are struggling to survive.
I have seen churches converted into banks and beer halls.

Sure there are some places in the world, like China, where church membership is frowned on if not illegal, but rejection of organized religion has become a worldwide phenomenon.
In Canada churches are being burned. They found corpses of children on the sites and they are seeking revenge.

When thinking of revenge, begin by digging two graves. Mr Miyagi.

Faithoverbelief

Churches are not being destroyed, they are dying because people are increasingly seeing them as irrelevant.
Church attendance is dropping and individual churches are struggling to survive.
I have seen churches converted into banks and beer halls.

Sure there are some places in the world, like China, where church membership is frowned on if not illegal, but rejection of organized religion has become a worldwide phenomenon.
In Canada churches are being burned. They found corpses of children on the sites and they are seeking revenge.

When thinking of revenge, begin by digging two graves. Mr Miyagi.

shnarkle

In what used to be called "the free world" the church as an institution is under attack. Hate crimes against symbols of the institution go unpunished. Verbal assaults on christians are considered acceptable and go unnoticed and unpunished. Since November 2016 expressions of hatred for Christians have become a normal experience in public discourse. On the left coast the prevailing metanarrative is full of hate for institutional Christianity as well as individuals who identify with historical orthodoxy. Burning churches in Canada go unpunished while the Prime Minister infamously gives the perpetrators a free pass. I haven't followed this closely since Canada is a foreign country. I don't live there. The hate I see is hyperlocal. On the streets of a dysfunctional city which has reverted into anarchy.
Ultimately, this is nothing new. The church never did need these symbols. Those who do need them aren't really Christians to begin with, and they will not be missed. The true church will continue to thrive underground which is probably where it thrives the most. When these symbols are removed, the only way left if through bearing fruit which requires no labels, symbols, institutions, etc.