Have many older conservatives become deeply delusional?

Ficciones

Is it possible that many older American conservatives have become disconnected from reality? Could this be because of a media diet that includes many cynical, alarmist and dishonest sources that exist primarily to manipulate?

I'm thinking of sources like Fox, OAN, Sinclair broadcasting group, Newsmax, Infowars, and many sources on Facebook.

What other media sources are preying on and manipulating the minds of older American conservatives?

Whateverman

Gatewaypundit, Breitbart, WND, several fundamentalist Christian networks, etc...

Rush Freakin Limbaugh...

When it comes to the distinction between older and younger conservatives, I'm pretty sure the elders are worse off than their younger sons/daughters. They're more likely to believe something if it appears in a video, etc...

edit: that last bit is debatable, in that older folks might not be as tuned-in to what's happening in social media as the younger generations...

Furion

Is it possible that many older American conservatives have become disconnected from reality? Could this be because of a media diet that includes many cynical, alarmist and dishonest sources that exist primarily to manipulate?

I'm thinking of sources like Fox, OAN, Sinclair broadcasting group, Newsmax, Infowars, and many sources on Facebook.

What other media sources are preying on and manipulating the minds of older American conservatives?
The younger, hip crowd is where it's at man. We got all nations coming in for their fair share, not old racist bigotry keeping the brown man down. We are the new thinking for the new millennium, one where we operate on sunshine and wind, and leave putrid capitalism for good!

Ficciones

The younger, hip crowd is where it's at man. We got all nations coming in for their fair share, not old racist bigotry keeping the brown man down. We are the new thinking for the new millennium, one where we operate on sunshine and wind, and leave putrid capitalism for good!
Hehe. You know you're over the target when you start taking flak. :sneaky:

Authentic Nouveau

There is a shortage of gas fired heaters for outdoor dining. (Nancy pants says Natural Gas is not a fossil fuel) They release CO2.

Ficciones

older folks might not be as tuned-in to what's happening in social media as the younger generations...
I do think the right wing young people are more media literate, and will post and repost the same nonsense but will be aware that it's nonsense. More than a few hoaxes have been workshopped on imageboards full of teenagers before getting propagated across the wider internet.

Furion

Hehe. You know you're over the target when you start taking flak. :sneaky:
Well, I simply cannot do justice to mocking modern man. Especially this young generation, so bright eyed full of energy. Their disappointment will be that much harder for them when the world doesn't change, because man doesn't change.

Ficciones

Well, I simply cannot do justice to mocking modern man. Especially this young generation, so bright eyed full of energy. Their disappointment will be that much harder for them when the world doesn't change, because man doesn't change.
That's true, all people at all times and in all places have been precisely identical. I know this because I saw a meme about it on Facebook.

Temujin

That's true, all people at all times and in all places have been precisely identical. I know this because I saw a meme about it on Facebook.
And because my friends, who I choose because they think the same as me, keep telling me that it's true.

Furion

Precisely, all old conservatives meld into one hive mind immune from young bright eyed idiot ideas. I believe it because I saw it on snapface.

Ficciones

Precisely, all old conservatives meld into one hive mind immune from young bright eyed idiot ideas. I believe it because I saw it on snapface.
I noticed my uncle getting brainwashed by conservative media towards the end of his life. He started reading ultra right wing internet sites and keeping a dossier on "the Jews".

Furion

I noticed my uncle getting brainwashed by conservative media towards the end of his life. He started reading ultra right wing internet sites and keeping a dossier on "the Jews".
I bet your mum was devastated. Did you protest the antisemites funeral?

Furion

No, but we all felt bad that he had become brainwashed by ultra right wing media before his death.
That is a shame that happened to you, but the truth of Christ can help you in your journey.

You can be sure that all those who hate Israel and believe the land should be taken from the Jews, who hate the Jews, will have a very unhappy ending. It is for God to take vengeance, He will repay. You can have faith in that.

While specific hate for the Jews is more demonic, hate is not of God. It is unstoppable in the human heart, hate will consume a man.

For instance the man who hates "ultra right wing" people is committing the same evil as hating the Jews. There is no difference, the heart that hates men doesn't know God at all, will not partake in the glory to come, we are warned often about these things.

So throw off all hate and malice, and learn of the love of God, learn from Jesus, who is a Jew, to love the people of God, what they have endured to bring you this gospel, they led the way for us to receive the deposit of eternal life of the Spirit, which was promised to the Jews and God allowed us to partake.

We Gentiles owe them more than we can repay.

Ficciones

That is a shame that happened to you, but the truth of Christ can help you in your journey.

You can be sure that all those who hate Israel and believe the land should be taken from the Jews, who hate the Jews, will have a very unhappy ending. It is for God to take vengeance, He will repay. You can have faith in that.

While specific hate for the Jews is more demonic, hate is not of God. It is unstoppable in the human heart, hate will consume a man.

For instance the man who hates "ultra right wing" people is committing the same evil as hating the Jews. There is no difference, the heart that hates men doesn't know God at all, will not partake in the glory to come, we are warned often about these things.

So throw off all hate and malice, and learn of the love of God, learn from Jesus, who is a Jew, to love the people of God, what they have endured to bring you this gospel, they led the way for us to receive the deposit of eternal life of the Spirit, which was promised to the Jews and God allowed us to partake.

We Gentiles owe them more than we can repay.
Furion, I find that some of the ultra right wing Christians who are the strongest Zionists are also the strongest antisemites. That's because, while they may be marinated in the most venomous antisemitism, they still believe that Israel must be kept intact and strong in order to fulfill Biblical prophecy. So you'll often get someone staunchly supporting Israel with one breath while talking about "ZOG", and Jews encouraging "race mixing", with the next breath. Their love of Jews only extends as far as wanting them kept around to be destroyed in the prophesied conflict of Armageddon.

Harry Leggs

Is it possible that many older American conservatives have become disconnected from reality?
What is your point other than to incite reactionary responses? What good is this?
Could this be because of a media diet that includes many cynical, alarmist and dishonest sources that exist primarily to manipulate?
Worry about your own manipulations

Troll bait or flamebait designed for reactionary responses. These posts are pointless and of no value. Part of the bottom-feeding crew of leftists.

Ficciones

Troll bait or flamebait designed for reactionary responses. These posts are pointless and of no value.
I am looking for honest responses from people who have observed the widespread phenomenon I'm talking about.

Someone made a documentary about it:

Harry Leggs

I am looking for honest responses from people who have observed the widespread phenomenon I'm talking about.
You are trolling. Reducing CARM to a joke with these worthless posts that do not do anyone good but mostly contaminates. Perhaps CARM will improve if posters like you are culled. As is posts like this brings it all down to cesspool status.

Ficciones

You are trolling. Reducing CARM to a joke with these worthless posts that do not do anyone good but mostly contaminates. Perhaps CARM will improve if posters like you are culled. As is posts like this brings it all down to cesspool status.
My friend, I'm sorry you're so emotionally involved with the topic at hand that you can only offer threats and insults instead of reasoned debate.

Come, let us reason together.