Have You Ever Asked A Roman Catholic Why . . . . . . . . ?

I think you have a Catholic invention not supported in Scripture. Your 'substance' is nothing but a lot of suggestive nothingness. There is no grace in eating Jesus. There is no spiritual benefit from eating Jesus. Our relationship with Christ is not transacted by eating our Savior. The believer's relationship is transacted in the heart. "For with the HEART man believes unto righteousness...." Christianity is not something you eat, it is something you believe. When Jesus asked his disciples if they were going to abandon Him after His discourse on the bread of life. Peter's response is very enlightening. In v69 Peter said "And we BELIEVE and are sure that you are THAT Christ, the Son of the Living God". This is what Peter took away from the bread of life discourse. Now notice Peter did not say one word about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Jesus did not correct Peter by saying I'm glad you believe but don't forget about ingesting Me. But that is not what Peter took away from Jesus discourse. Peter got it right. He and the 11 understood Jesus was utilizing figurative speech in referring to literal belief.
I think it is clear apostolic teaching that we are saved by receiving Christ Himself and his life within us. We do in fact receive Christ inside of us. So the symbolism of receiving Christ within us as our spiritual food is very apropos. It is an external ritual for something that is going on internally.

I think it is clear apostolic teaching that we are saved by receiving Christ Himself and his life within us. We do in fact receive Christ inside of us. So the symbolism of receiving Christ within us as our spiritual food is very apropos. It is an external ritual for something that is going on internally.
The word is symbolism and not real presence. Major difference. If you really are following Jesus it will show in your fruit, it is more than words.

Your flippant attitude to the Eucharist is not normal.
LOL! It couldn't be more "flippant" to the Eucharist than your sicko Roman Catholic sexually perverted child-molesting RCC priests who "fondle" the "Eucharist" with their "consecrated and anointed fingers" that have been repeately used to horridly abuse little children, every chance they get.

If Catholicism would view communion as 'symbolic' there would be no objection. But Catholicism teaches that the eucharist is a re-presentation of the sacrifice of Christ in an unbloody manner. But Scripture forbids any re-presentation of Christ efficacious sacrifice in the Book of Hebrews where it clearly states that the sacrifice of Christ was once and forever. Catholicism teaches that this eucharistic sacrifice is truly propitiatory which means it is still forgiving and expiating sins via the sacrifice of the Mass. To teach that the sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the eucharist are one single sacrifice is an unlawful and unnecessary synergism. The sacred sacrifice of Christ needs no additions or attachments for it to be efficacious. When Catholicism encroaches on the sacrifice of Christ it is trespassing on Holy Ground.

If Catholicism would view communion as 'symbolic' there would be no objection. But Catholicism teaches that the eucharist is a re-presentation of the sacrifice of Christ in an unbloody manner. But Scripture forbids any re-presentation of Christ efficacious sacrifice in the Book of Hebrews where it clearly states that the sacrifice of Christ was once and forever. Catholicism teaches that this eucharistic sacrifice is truly propitiatory which means it is still forgiving and expiating sins via the sacrifice of the Mass. To teach that the sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the eucharist are one single sacrifice is an unlawful and unnecessary synergism. The sacred sacrifice of Christ needs no additions or attachments for it to be efficacious. When Catholicism encroaches on the sacrifice of Christ it is trespassing on Holy Ground.
I never understood how blood could be unbloody.

LOL! It couldn't be more "flippant" to the Eucharist than your sicko Roman Catholic sexually perverted child-molesting RCC priests who "fondle" the "Eucharist" with their "consecrated and anointed fingers" that have been repeately used to horridly abuse little children, every chance they get.
Isn't it your doctrine that to God there are no grades of sin. No venial or mortal. That if one commits one sin they commit them all? You act as though you actually do believe Catholic teaching that there are very grave sins. You speak as if you are more righteous than those sinners.

Isn't it your doctrine that to God there are no grades of sin. No venial or mortal. That if one commits one sin they commit them all? You act as though you actually do believe Catholic teaching that there are very grave sins. You speak as if you are more righteous than those sinners.

Nope, this is you trying to insert words into RayneBeau's mouth, that he didn't say or even imply.

So what exactly is it that is defecated into the toilet after consumption?
The remnants of the material, the matter out of which the bread was made.

Merton....

Catholic teaching is that the consecrated Eucharist is Jesus ALONE...and nothing else.

Not Jesus and bread. Not Jesus and clothes. Not Jesus and "material" that made up bread.

As you yourself said: "Because you can't be two different things at the same time."

So what exactly is it that is defecated into the toilet after consumption?

He gave very detailed instructions on what to do and what to say indicating that God had a very specific presence in this ceremony.

Christ never gave any "detailed instructions" on what to say. You made that up.

Unlike in your religion, celebrating the Eucharist is not about reciting a spell that must be said using an exact set of words.

That is why we take the instructions for the Eucharist so very seriously.

No you don't.

Nobody who worships inanimate objects takes our Lord's instructions "very seriously."

God meant the Eucharist to be extremely important

Catholics worship it.

You make a sick joke out of what Christ intended.

Nope, this is you trying to insert words into RayneBeau's mouth, that he didn't say or even imply.
In Catholic teaching there are sins that are very grave and others that aren't so grave. Priestly paedophilia is most definitely grave and mortal in its nature. Is it part of your doctrine, that if you commit one sin you commit them all or do you differ from what other nonCC's believe?

Christ never gave any "detailed instructions" on what to say. You made that up.

Unlike in your religion, celebrating the Eucharist is not about reciting a spell that must be said using an exact set of words.

No you don't.

Nobody who worships inanimate objects takes our Lord's instructions "very seriously."

Catholics worship it.

You make a sick joke out of what Christ intended.
He did. It is recorded by 3 of the gospel authors and in Pauls catechesis to the Corinthians.

Luke 22 17 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves, 18 for I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 20 And he did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Matthew 26 26 While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14 22 While they were eating, he took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” 23 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, and all of them drank from it. 24 He said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

1 Cor 11 23 For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took a loaf of bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way he took the cup also, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be answerable for the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Examine yourselves, and only then eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For all who eat and drink without discerning the body eat and drink judgment against themselves.

You made that up.
Could you refrain from calling me a liar. Thanks.

He did. It is recorded by 3 of the gospel authors

Please post for us where Christ gave His Apostles "detailed instructions" of what they were supposed to say....never mind that He was telling them to say anything at all.

EDITED-- That is why you still did not come back to this thread with any "detailed instructions" from the Lord about exactly what words someone is supposed to say.

Do you believe you have license to make whatever claims you want without challenge? I am sorry, but life does not work that way. This is not RCIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did. It is recorded by 3 of the gospel authors and in Pauls catechesis to the Corinthians.

Luke 22 17 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves, 18 for I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 20 And he did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Matthew 26 26 While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14 22 While they were eating, he took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” 23 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, and all of them drank from it. 24 He said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

1 Cor 11 23 For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took a loaf of bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way he took the cup also, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be answerable for the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Examine yourselves, and only then eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For all who eat and drink without discerning the body eat and drink judgment against themselves.

More bearing false witness. That is not showing what loving your neighbour means.

Please post for us where Christ gave His Apostles "detailed instructions" of what they were supposed to say....never mind that He was telling them to say anything at all.

You made it up. That is why you still did not come back to this thread with any "detailed instructions" from the Lord about exactly what words someone is supposed to say.

Do you believe you have license to make whatever claims you want without challenge? I am sorry, but life does not work that way. This is not RCIA.
3 of the 4 gospels and Paul have identical instruction recorded. I did an introduction to the Bible semester and was taught that that sort of repetition across the Gospels indicates the importance of the command.

3 of the 4 gospels and Paul have identical instruction recorded.

Why are you still posting with still no "detailed instructions" of what anyone is supposed to say?

I did an introduction to the Bible semester and was taught that that sort of repetition across the Gospels indicates the importance of the command.

What "detailed instructions" as to exactly what to say?

Back