Have you seen God do an abortion?

DaGeo

My dear chap, I don't need advice from a neophyte like yourself, however kindly meant. You will see that the mechanics of the board provides an objective measure of how other posters see you. So much more useful than the mere navel-gazing you advocate. If you click on a posters name, you will see the number of posts they have made and the reaction score, (essentially the number of "likes). The ratio of these two numbers is a crude indication of a poster's effectiveness over time. Please get back to me when you have over hundred posts and your ratio is better than mine.
Temijin, my dear fellow chap.😇

Let me help you. 😇

There was once a day when >many< people believed the earth was flat—so did the world become flat because many people believed the world was flat?

Similarly, how does your boasting about the number of gullible people “liking” you ease up on your personal credulity (gullibly)?

Temujin

Let me help you. 😇

There was once a day when >many< people believed the earth was flat—so did the world become flat because many people believed the world was flat?

Similarly, how does your boasting about the number of gullible people “liking” you ease up on your personal credulity (gullibly)?
I think, if you can remember as far back as yesterday, that you were casting aspersions at the effectiveness of my posts. The purpose of communication is not to remind oneself of how clever one is, as you seem to think, but to impart a message to others such that they understand and appreciate it. Contrary to what you believe, I have had mutually satisfactory conversations with many different posters, on all sides of this and other debates. People who are by no means gullible. Nor are they preening mountebanks, who you apparently admire more, since you model yourself on them.

DaGeo

We are. That is exactly what we are doing
no, you are doing that, we are talking about saving a baby from murder.
I think, if you can remember as far back as yesterday, that you were casting aspersions at the effectiveness of my posts. The purpose of communication is not to remind oneself of how clever one is, as you seem to think, but to impart a message to others such that they understand and appreciate it. Contrary to what you believe, I have had mutually satisfactory conversations with many different posters, on all sides of this and other debates. People who are by no means gullible. Nor are they preening mountebanks, who you apparently admire more, since you model yourself on them.
I’m sure others, who accept your opinions without the slightest pause, eagerly embrace what you post. But how does that validate your unscientific opinions?

mikeT

I’m sure others, who accept your opinions without the slightest pause, eagerly embrace what you post.
I'm sure you, who cannot demonstrate the existence of any real person residing in the group you've straw-manned, will remain arrogantly self-righteous.

But how does that validate your unscientific opinions?
Your opinions are just as "unscientific" as are his, so your question is irrelevant.

Mod comment. Please reread the forum rules. https://carm.org/uncategorized/carm-discussion-rules/.

Last edited by a moderator:

Authentic Nouveau

Unless it’s really important to you how many people like you, no one pays much attention to “likes.”
We have a group of atheists here. Mao, Lenin and Stalin their ring leaders and founding fathers harvested a lot of 'likes".

Now remember Easter and Jesus at the Cross didn't get very many "likes".

Authentic Nouveau

My dear chap, I don't need advice from a neophyte like yourself, however kindly meant. You will see that the mechanics of the board provides an objective measure of how other posters see you. So much more useful than the mere navel-gazing you advocate. If you click on a posters name, you will see the number of posts they have made and the reaction score, (essentially the number of "likes). The ratio of these two numbers is a crude indication of a poster's effectiveness over time. Please get back to me when you have over hundred posts and your ratio is better than mine.
Yours are all from pro-deathers and atheeists.

Authentic Nouveau

Judging by what I read here, people can quite easily separate when the law is a fool, and abortion is murder.
Example of the law is a fool.

The atheists here hammer a lot on slavery which is still popular in atheist commie countries.

England passed a law ending slavery. The fools PAID the slave masters for loss of free slave labor and did not pay the slaves.

Authentic Nouveau

I just looked up the first group of posts at the beginning of this thread. He and the Buddhist had their assertions removed. edit. That is not an example of Like.

DaGeo

I'm sure you, who cannot demonstrate the existence of any real person residing in the group you've straw-manned, will remain arrogantly self-righteous.

Your opinions are just as "unscientific" as are his, so your question is irrelevant
Mikey, welcome!

Based on your misapplication of the logical fallacy “straw man”, I don’t think you understand science either. Perhaps you haven’t read much science.
Mikey, we’re talking OLD science here! The beginning of life was settled looooong ago! Been around for a looooong time.
Got out from under that rock! 😇
Get some sun! 😊

Beloved Daughter

Let me help you. 😇

So much nonsense. A 'like' simply means someone approves of what has been posted. If this were absolutely true, my stats wouldn't be this way.

Total posts 3350
Number of likes 3632

It's not a measure of the validity of the post itself. It's much like common courtesy.

Subjective measure at best.

Sad that some folks want to turn discussion into a school-yard fight.

The only approval I need is that of my Savior.

God Speed

DaGeo

So much nonsense. A 'like' simply means someone approves of what has been posted. If this were absolutely true, my stats wouldn't be this way.

Total posts 3350
Number of likes 3632

It's not a measure of the validity of the post itself. It's much like common courtesy.

Subjective measure at best.

Sad that some folks want to turn discussion into a school-yard fight.

The only approval I need is that of my Savior.

God Speed
Exactly‼️‼️

DaGeo

Doesnt address his points.
He can’t ‼️
And when he does, he merely posts his opinions—of which he supports with his other opinions‼️😂🤣

Would someone say: “opinionated twaddle and tosh! (Timijin, that’s another complicated phrase that means “nonsense”)‼️

OR with the opinions of those who “like” him

DaGeo

We are not talking about saving a baby from murder. We are talking about saving young women from abuse by God-bothering men.
Temijin, still promoting your unfounded opinions⁉️
Temijin, whenever you post your opinions, you could at least post another one of your opinions in support of it‼️😂😂🤣🤣

BMS

You havent addressed the aspersions cast on your posts, all you have done here is complain about them being made.

BMS

He can’t ‼️
And when he does, he merely posts his opinions—of which he supports with his other opinions‼️😂🤣

Would someone say: “opinionated twaddle and tosh! (Timijin, that’s another complicated phrase that means “nonsense”)‼️

OR with the opinions of those who “like” him
Correct.