Having heard the word, you believed, and were sealed with the HS

Our Lord's God

hearing the word truth, the good news of your salvation, in whom you also believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise
Ephesians 1:13

Does this say believing is the result of being sealed with the HS?

Or does this say that the sealing of the HS is the result of believing?

brightfame52

hearing the word truth, the good news of your salvation, in whom you also believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise

Does this say believing is the result of being sealed with the HS?

Or does this say that the sealing of the HS is the result of believing?
They had to be born of God to hear the word of truth. Hearing is Spiritual !

Our Lord's God

They had to be born of God to hear the word of truth. Hearing is Spiritual !

Does this say they were sealed with/by the Spirit as a result of believing or does this say they believed as a result of being sealed with/by the Spirit?

brightfame52

Does this say they were sealed with/by the Spirit as a result of believing or does this say they believed as a result of being sealed with/by the Spirit?

I know what it says. Im not talking about the Spirit sealing. Im talking about in order for someone to spiritually hear so it effects faith/believing, they have to be already born of God. Thats different from the Spirits sealing work.

Our Lord's God

I know what it says. Im not talking about the Spirit sealing. Im talking about in order for someone to spiritually hear so it effects faith/believing, they have to be already born of God. Thats different from the Spirits sealing work.

So then, according to you, one is raised up to new life in Christ, then believes, then receives the Spirit?

TomFL

You are wrong in any case you cannot be born again or receive the spirit without faith

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Eph. 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph. 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Gal. 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal. 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —KJV
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1Cor. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

brightfame52

You are wrong in any case you cannot be born again or receive the spirit without faith

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Eph. 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph. 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Gal. 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal. 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal. 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1Cor. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
You need to be born again to have faith since it is a work of the Spirit.

TomFL

You need to be born again to have faith since it is a work of the Spirit.
Nope you need faith to be born again and you just ignored thev scripture