He has given us everything pertaining to......

If Jesus ever gave you a command he could not enable you to fulfill he would be a liar and if you make that inability a barrier, veil, mountain, to obedience you are dictating to God there is something that He has not taken into account. That is exactly why you accuse Him in His ways as a gnostic liar.
Then you have stated -- but God I never could be like the example You sent form me to be like because you like sin more than you like God,
Again you have gone down your rabbit trail, making false allegations as you're prone to do.
and that so makes Him a liar for you because He demands that you have His same Spirit as Gnostics know to be true.
The revelation of the Bible is not that Jesus took upon himself your fleshy sins but that he took upon himself the heredity of sin in which no man can touch and God made Jesus to be sin, as you accuse him of, that he might make the sinner that you say you are the saint!
If you understood prophetic truth you wouldn't be gnostic:
Gary Mac said:
I was not built on the apostles and prophets, ...
For the Spirit of prophecy bears testimony to Jesus. Rev 19:10
As long as you deny the Christ to be that person of Christ yourself as God commands of you, then your identity with Him as gnostic lies for to you He is a liar as you keep accusing Him of.
Even as the testimony of Christ Jesus the Lord was confirmed in you; 1 Corinthians 1:6
That isn't going to happen in you is it?
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so live in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, Col 2:6-7
You know very well there is sonneting of God that is missing in you but because of those you creed to in beliefs instead of God and Jesus, it isn't that God won't come to you and reveal Himself as He did in Jesus in you it is because He cant, you won't let Him.
Now that this faith has come we are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:25-29
That is the very reason you accuse Him in His was for perfection is gnostic lies, you have no intent in receiving from God that what Jesus did on Matt 3:16 that He might open the same in you.
I'm not accusing you of anything, you confessed with your own empty gnostic words:
Gary Mac said:
I do reject redemption through Jesus ...
Again that isn't going to happen as He commands of you is it?
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
Therefore do not be partakers with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord Christ Jesus. Eph 5:6-8

Last edited:
Again you have gone down your rabbit trail, making false allegations as you're prone to do.
False allegations? Such as? Accusing the ways of God and Jesus in their ways as gnostic liars as you claim they are of? God can heal your mind but you won't let Him.
If you understood prophetic truth you wouldn't be gnostic:
If you understood Spiritual truths you would understand the intent of the prophet Jesus.
For the Spirit of prophecy bears testimony to Jesus. Rev 19:10
Sure does -- but for you the prophet Jesus when he tells you what you must be if you are to be in the Father is a gnostic liar.
Even as the testimony of Christ Jesus the Lord was confirmed in you; 1 Corinthians 1:6
When one receives from God the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 we have the same testimony of our Lord God as Jesus had of Him.

But for you his testimony rot be like the Father yourself is a gnostic liar as you keep charging His ways of. You think you are directing your accusations at nee but all I do is tell you what Jesus told you.

He is your enemy not I.
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so live in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, Col 2:6-7
As me therefore I received the same Spirit of God Jesus did in Matt 3:16. For again just as Jesus became.
Now that Gods Spirit is come I have His same faith and walk in His light as He walks in it.
I'm not accusing you of anything, you confessed with your own empty gnostic words:
I know you are not accusing me of anything, you are accusing God and Jesus as gnostic liars.

All I do is repeat to you their experiences and commands to be like them.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
Therefore do not be partakers with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord Christ Jesus. Eph 5:6-8
You let many deceive you by the creeds of these you follow instead of following Jesus and listening to him in Gods perfections. Paul is your most sorcerer who even gloated in using trickery to get you to follow his doctrine instead that of Jesus and Gods.

If you understood prophetic truth you wouldn't be gnostic: For the Spirit of prophecy bears testimony to Jesus. Rev 19:10
False allegations? Such as?
For starters, such as your warped teaching that Jesus was an errant sinner like you, rejecting the testimony of Scripture,
Knowing that you were redeemed with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1 Peter 1:19
If you understood Spiritual truths you would understand the intent of the prophet Jesus.
Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day...Luke 24:19-21
Sure does -- but for you the prophet Jesus when he tells you what you must be if you are to be in the Father is a gnostic liar.
Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.
Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; Luke 24:30-31
When one receives from God the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 we have the same testimony of our Lord God as Jesus had of Him.
‘Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24
But for you his testimony rot be like the Father yourself is a gnostic liar as you keep charging His ways of. You think you are directing your accusations at nee but all I do is tell you what Jesus told you.
Abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. 1 John 2:28-29
He is your enemy not I.
Let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:7-9
As me therefore I received the same Spirit of God Jesus did in Matt 3:16. For again just as Jesus became.
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, 1 John 5:1
Now that Gods Spirit is come I have His same faith and walk in His light as He walks in it.
Jesus is the true light that comes into the world and enlightens all people.
As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God... John 1:9-13
I know you are not accusing me of anything, you are accusing God and Jesus as gnostic liars.
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:18-19
All I do is repeat to you their experiences and commands to be like them.
All you do is love to wallow in your gnostic deeds and reject Christ. Gary Mac "I do reject redemption through Jesus".
You let many deceive you by the creeds of these you follow instead of following Jesus and listening to him in Gods perfections.
God has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1:13-15
Paul is your most sorcerer who even gloated in using trickery to get you to follow his doctrine instead that of Jesus and Gods.
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:3-6

Last edited:
For starters, such as your warped teaching that Jesus was an errant sinner like you, rejecting the testimony of Scripture,
Knowing that you were redeemed with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1 Peter 1:19

Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day...Luke 24:19-21

Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.
Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; Luke 24:30-31

‘Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

Abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. 1 John 2:28-29

Let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:7-9

Jesus is the true light that comes into the world and enlightens all people.
As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God... John 1:9-13

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:18-19

All you do is love to wallow in your gnostic deeds and reject Christ. Gary Mac "I do reject redemption through Jesus".

God has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1:13-15

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:3-6
Perhaps someday you will see Him to just as Jesus did in Matt 3:16, but I seriously doubt it!

JonHawk said:

Perhaps someday you will see Him to just as Jesus did in Matt 3:16,
And then you go from bad to worse denying the testimony about our Lord Jesus. 2 Tim 1:10
but I seriously doubt it!
But whoever doubts stands condemned if he partakes. For whatever does not originate and proceed from faith is sin. Rom 14:23

After that, Jesus appeared in another form to two of them...
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:12-16

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already,
because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Last edited:
Ever read 2 Peter 1?
Specifically verses 2 through 4?

It's actually quite profound.

2Pe 1:2-4 WEB 2 Grace to you and peace be multiplied in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 seeing that his divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and virtue, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and exceedingly great promises; that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust.

God has explicitly given us everything we need to know him and live a godly life....
Hi Steve this is just to let you know that while the promises are available to all, this can only be applied by those who have escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. Many believers have not escaped the corruption that is in the world and therefore cannot move on to vs 5-11.

I'm not clear what part of the bible verses you're having a problem with.
That our experiences with God's Grace and Peace are multiplied to us as our knowledge of him increases?

Or, that through the knowledge of him who has called us by their own glory and virtue, we can learn that everything we need to live a godly life is given to us?
Or that through his exceedingly great and precious promises, we can become partakers of his divine nature, and escape from the corruption that is in this world because of lust?

So, please clarify.
Hi Steve this is to let you know that thr phrase ... "that through his exceedingly great and precious promises, we can become partakers of his divine nature, and escape from the corruption that is in this world because of lust?" is wrong since the passage indicates that those who can become partakers have already escaped from the corruption in the world. It says "having escaped"

?
I'm not clear what part of the bible verses you're having a problem with.
That our experiences with God's Grace and Peace are multiplied to us as our knowledge of him increases?

Or, that through the knowledge of him who has called us by their own glory and virtue, we can learn that everything we need to live a godly life is given to us?
Or that through his exceedingly great and precious promises, we can become partakers of his divine nature, and escape from the corruption that is in this world because of lust?

So, please clarify.
Hi Steve this is just to let you know that while the promises are available to all, this can only be applied by those who have escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. Many believers have not escaped the corruption that is in the world and therefore cannot move on to vs 5-11.
If they're relying on corrupt flesh, what makes you think that they're believers? Ephesians 1:13
Whoever teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ [Acts 1:4] which is in accordance with godliness, is conceited and understands nothing. 1 Tim 6:3-4

JonHawk said:
The teachings of Jesus for you to be like Him surely is warped teachings for you who see his ways as gnostic lies.
And we who are born of Him cannot sin, 1 John 3:9.

You are of V 8 as the sinner you say you are of.
And then you go from bad to worse denying the testimony about our Lord Jesus. 2 Tim 1:10
The testimony of my Lord Jesus is I am like Him in the Father as he demands of you as well. but because his commands to be prefect is gnostic ;lies, you make him out to be a blasphemer. He always has been accused of that by the beliefs as yourself. Crucifying the very Christ you say you follow LOL.
But whoever doubts stands condemned if he partakes.
Ye and as long as you doubt Him as a gnostic liar you are condemned already.
For whatever does not originate and proceed from faith is sin. Rom 14:23
Whatever does not originate from God to have His same faith by His same mind, Spirit, be your own is sin indeed.
He always does. He appeared to me. He hasn't appeared to you that is very obvious, you are waiting for another to come as a god someday are you not?
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:12-16
His salvation is Him manifest in you baptizing you with His same mind, Spirit.

You dont know about that and how He works in man do you?
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already,
because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18
Yes and those as yourself who do not believe in Gods son and is a gnostic liar, you are condemned before you even start to think on His things.

JonHawk said:

But whoever doubts stands condemned if he partakes. For whatever does not originate and proceed from faith is sin. Rom 14:23

You are your own god dictating to the God of Heaven who He is and limit Him to what He can and cannot do. You make Him abide by your rules instead of being like Him yourself as Jesus was like Him as Jesus God of heaven demands of you to be like Him as Jesus was like Him. See John 17 where Jesus prayed to his God for you to be like Him.

It is very obvious that Jesus prayer to his God for you to be -- has failed for you. That is why His ways is gnostic lies for you, you would have to meet Him to understand His way for His Spirit, Mind, to be in you to know that His Spirit really does reside in man, which Gnostic know by experience from receiving just as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 that you say is a lie, for you have stated many times that Jesus didnt need that salvation from God, and do you know why you dont believe Matt 3:16, because you cant relate to the same in you to walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did. Salvation is God manifest in you.

JonHawk said:

You are your own god dictating to the God of Heaven who He is and limit Him to what He can and cannot do.
You make Him abide by your rules instead of being like Him yourself as Jesus was like Him as Jesus God of heaven demands of you to be like Him as Jesus was like Him. See John 17 where Jesus prayed to his God for you to be like Him--has failed for you. That is why His ways is gnostic lies for you,
All that matters is that you are a new creation the result of a new birth, a new nature in Christ Jesus, the Messiah. Gal 6:15-16

And this is that testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 1 John 5:11

JonHawk said:

Gary Mac said:
You are your own god dictating to the God of Heaven who He is and limit Him to what He can and cannot do.
You make Him abide by your rules instead of being like Him yourself as Jesus was like Him as Jesus God of heaven demands of you to be like Him as Jesus was like Him. See John 17 where Jesus prayed to his God for you to be like Him--has failed for you. That is why His ways is gnostic lies for you,
All that matters is that you are a new creation the result of a new birth, a new nature in Christ Jesus, the Messiah. Gal 6:15-16

And this is that testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 1 John 5:11
And we who are born of Him cannot sin, 1 John 3:9.
You are of V 8 as the sinner you say you are of.
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, Rom 8
Yes and those as yourself who do not believe in Gods son and is a gnostic liar, you are condemned before you even start to think on His things.
You're condemned because you reject Christ's atonement departing from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.

If they're relying on corrupt flesh, what makes you think that they're believers?
Where do you get that from?
??
Who do you think Peter is talking to?
What part of the forum did I post 2 Peter 1:3 in?
Is this part of the forum talking to Jesus followers or unbelievers?
It's my understanding that the Apologetics forum is in the theology group, which is for Jesus followers.
??‍♂️
I'm talking to the followers of Jesus.
My purpose for posting 2 Peter 1:2-4 is specifically designed to encourage the follower of Jesus.

Ephesians 1:13
Whoever teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ [Acts 1:4] which is in accordance with godliness, is conceited and understands nothing. 1 Tim 6:3-4
Then I'm thinking that you should stop thinking that you know that my encouragement to the Jesus followers means that I'm teaching a different doctrine.

Especially in light of the next several verses.

Verses 2 through 4 give us the resources So we can focus our efforts/endeavors on verse 5 through 7.

He further explained that by possessing the attributes described in verses 5 through 7, we can experience success in our walk with Jesus.

He states in verse 9 that if we lack the items described in verses 5-7, we've forgotten that our sin was wiped, and are blind.

He then further reemphasizes the point of success by ensuring that we possess the attributes described in verses 5 through 7.

So important, Peter tells us, are these attributes, in our lives as followers of Jesus, that he will do everything he can to remind us of their importance in our lives. Including both while he's alive and after his passage into eternity.

Taking into further consideration, the fruits of the Spirit, detailed by Paul in Galatians 5:16-25, and the necessity of focusing our thinking on spiritual things, as Paul says in Romans 8:3-9, I find myself wondering why you think I'm promoting ungodly teaching.

Newbirth said:
JonHawk said:
If they're relying on corrupt flesh, what makes you think that they're believers? Ephesians 1:13
Where do you get that from?
Galatians 6:7-8 - Also, I was addressing Newbirth's post.
JonHawk said:

Then I'm thinking that you should stop thinking that you know that my encouragement to the Jesus followers means that I'm teaching a different doctrine.

Taking into further consideration, the fruits of the Spirit, detailed by Paul in Galatians 5:16-25, and the necessity of focusing our thinking on spiritual things, as Paul says in Romans 8:3-9, I find myself wondering why you think I'm promoting ungodly teaching.
Now you find yourself jumping to conclusions. I simply pointed out to NB that partaking of the divine promise is based on faith. Acts 15:8-9

The gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth. Col 1:6 Seeing that through the Holy Spirit you have purified your hearts... 1 Peter 1:22

Last edited:
They lack the knowledge. Paul is writing to believers here...he is telling them to stop doing what they were doing as believers...look at the list..
Ephesians 4:
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
That describes you...

I simply pointed out to NB that partaking of the divine promise is based on faith. Acts 15:8-9

The gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth. Col 1:6 Seeing that through the Holy Spirit you have purified your hearts... 1 Peter 1:22
They lack the knowledge. Paul is writing to believers here...he is telling them to stop doing what they were doing as believers...look at the list..
Ephesians 4:
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus...
JonHawk said:
That describes you...
sonship through faith in Christ
That we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—Eph 4

Last edited:
Ok.
Now you find yourself jumping to conclusions. I simply pointed out to NB that partaking of the divine promise is based on faith. Acts 15:8-9
I'm actually just working through the words they chose to post.

Indeed.

What does any of this have to do with my OP?

JonHawk said:
Think about this if you can why the ways of Jesus in the Father is warped teachings?
When he appears to you and you see Him as He really is, ye shall be like Him as well. 1 John 3. But because that is a warped teaching, you will go to a grave never seeing Him as He is and the very reason you are not like Him this day.
To you in your religious beliefs I agree, Jesus had the same problem with the same.
I am a new creature in Gods anointing, Christ, just as Jesus became a new creature in Gods anointing, Christ, in Matt 3:16. He received Gods Christ as well to be anointed of God just as wee all are who is of Christ anointed of Gods mind to have His same disposition.
Amen and I am His son and have His life just as Jesus received form Him.
Amen for we are identified with the father no different at all.
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, Rom 8
The why do you condemn me for being that person of Christ? Jesu was treated the same by the same.
You're condemned because you reject Christ's atonement departing from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.
Im condemned the same way Jesus was condemned to a cross. We have the same accusers.

God cannot put in you a responsible moral being and without sin -- the disposition that of Christ until you are conscious that you need it!

Absolutely nothing as most of his posts have nothing to do with the topic in question.
Ok. So it's not just me that is seeing that.
Thank you.

I'm still trying to figure out why an encouraging op is fodder for argument.

I figured that if the reader is a follower of Jesus, then it applies to them.

If they aren't a follower of Jesus, then it doesn't apply to them, until they turn to YHVH from their sin and place their trust in Jesus.

Back