He is risen!

He is risen!
Yes He is. Wonderful service today. Doesn't your church teach the risen Christ was on the cross?

CCC 1392 What material food produces in our bodily life, Holy Communion wonderfully achieves in our spiritual life. Communion with the flesh of the risen Christ

If the sacrifice of the mass is the same as Calvary, which again, you ccc says it is.

CCC 1367 The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice:

How did the risen Christ get on the cross, pre-crucifixion?

Catholics here will even go as far as to say the sacrifice began in the upper room.

Yes He is. Wonderful service today. Doesn't your church teach the risen Christ was on the cross?
The risen Christ comes after the cross, we fully understand the Passion of Christ. We have altars and crucifixes to remind us of that when we worship just like Jesus tells us. "Remember" and "As often as you do this" is what he said. We know what Jesus meant, it is very sad that some folks miss the reality of it all.
Catholics here will even go as far as to say the sacrifice began in the upper room.
Is the sacrifice one event, or a series of events? I mean it seems it could be just like a birth of a child, there are a series of events that lead up to that birth, not just one. The only thing we all really need to know is that it happened, and the Tomb is now empty.

Last edited:
That was your focus??????
Pretty much. The lyrics were all about Jesus, his resurrection; his life; his whole passion that was the basis for this Holy Week, and her voice praised God just as He gifted her to use it. There is not a Ncc alive who would not have liked the song she sang or the way she sang it. Happy Easter to you this wonderful day!

Pretty much. The lyrics were all about Jesus, his resurrection; his life; his whole passion that was the basis for this Holy Week, and her voice praised God just as He gifted her to use it. There is not a Ncc alive who would not have liked the song she sang or the way she sang it. Happy Easter to you this wonderful day!
Thanks Easter has passed here. I hope and pray everyone gets the full joy of the Risen Lord.

The risen Christ comes after the cross, we fully understand the Passion of Christ. We have altars and crucifixes to remind us of that when we worship just like Jesus tells us. "Remember" and "As often as you do this" is what he said. We know what Jesus meant, it is very sad that some folks miss the reality of it all.

Is the sacrifice one event, or a series of events? I mean it seems it could be just like a birth of a child, there are a series of events that lead up to that birth, not just one. The only thing we all really need to know is that it happened, and the Tomb is now empty.
The risen Christ comes after the cross,

True. Then why does your church officially say communion is with the flesh of the risen Christ? Jesus instituted the Lords Table in the upper room after supper. All of this occurred before the cross. Was Jesus giving His disciples the flesh and blood of the risen Christ? Before the cross?

Is the sacrifice one event, or a series of events?

This sounds like a question for the bible to answer doesn't it?

Heb 10:12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,

Here is an apt description of your church;

Heb 10:11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins;

True. Then why does your church officially say communion is with the flesh of the risen Christ? Jesus instituted the Lords Table in the upper room after supper. All of this occurred before the cross. Was Jesus giving His disciples the flesh and blood of the risen Christ? Before the cross?
Yes. God has that ability. Are you saying He is not capable of doing something like that?

Heb 10:12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,
Yep, we believe that. One sacrifice - that's it!
Here is an apt description of your church;

Heb 10:11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins;
Not hardly. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross was the antidote to sin. We do during worship what Jesus instructed us to do, to recreate the Last Supper and Jesus's death and resurrection. "As often as you do this" it is recorded. Do what? Recreate the passion of Christ from beginning to end so we can see it ourselves right before our eyes.

Yes. God has that ability. Are you saying He is not capable of doing something like that?

Yep, we believe that. One sacrifice - that's it!

Not hardly. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross was the antidote to sin. We do during worship what Jesus instructed us to do, to recreate the Last Supper and Jesus's death and resurrection. "As often as you do this" it is recorded. Do what? Recreate the passion of Christ from beginning to end so we can see it ourselves right before our eyes.

So, instead of 'this is my body'. You think Jesus said 'this is my resurrected body'?

I would say no, God does not have that ability. Just like he cannot lie, he isn't a pre-cross person and a post cross person at the same time. In Rev 1 Jesus said 'I WAS dead. I am alive forever more.' The post resurrection Jesus cannot suffer and die. Yet that's exactly what you're saying. Nonsense.

We do during worship what Jesus instructed us to do, to recreate the Last Supper and Jesus's death and resurrection.

We are told to recreate that event? Show us that text. "As often as you do this", do what? Observe the Lord's Table.....REMEMBER him in his death and resurrection. It doesn't say a thing about recreating it.

Every day is the day to recognize resurrection day!
But some days are more special than others. Jesus himself who was an observant Jew, joined in with all the Jewish festivals and holidays. There is nothing wrong with recognizing the special events that are present in the Christian calendar.

We are told to recreate that event? Show us that text. "As often as you do this", do what? Observe the Lord's Table.....REMEMBER him in his death and resurrection. It doesn't say a thing about recreating it.
There are some things you folks will never understand.

But some days are more special than others. Jesus himself who was an observant Jew, joined in with all the Jewish festivals and holidays. There is nothing wrong with recognizing the special events that are present in the Christian calendar.
I'm not trying to tell you which special event to hold higher than another, just remembering that resurrection day is to be a daily remembrance, not limited to one day a year.

Back