He is risen!

10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.

Again, what part of do not contact the dead don't you get?

The word there is "to seek or ask"....and Catholics proudly admit that is what they do with the dead they pray to for favors.

But when confronted on it, they tuck tail and deny their own religion faster than they can hit "post reply."

Well they buy RC talismans and they are meant to be protective. So really what is the difference. False teachings and practices lead people to sin.

They have their own magic items with certain power levels, medallions, lucky talismans, water that can chase demons away, flying houses, burned grilled cheese sandwiches...

The superstition is never ending in Roman Catholicism.

10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.

Again, what part of do not contact the dead don't you get?
You still don't get it. In the context of what is going on in Deuteronomy, "who consults the dead" means "who looks for knowledge from the dead" because that is what spiritualists claim to do. Asking Mary the mother of Jesus to help us see her son is nothing at all like that. But feel free to continue to misunderstand the Scriptures if you have no interest in correction.

You still don't get it. In the context of what is going on in Deuteronomy, "who consults the dead" means "who looks for knowledge from the dead" because that is what spiritualists claim to do. Asking Mary the mother of Jesus to help us see her son is nothing at all like that. But feel free to continue to misunderstand the Scriptures if you have no interest in correction.
You still don't get it. You are deceiving yourself by playing word games. Asking Mary is exactly like that. If you have no interest in correction and following Jesus then what can we say. Oh, how RCs like to think they are superior.

You still don't get it. You are deceiving yourself by playing word games. Asking Mary is exactly like that. If you have no interest in correction and following Jesus then what can we say. Oh, how RCs like to think they are superior.
Why would they want or need correction from us? Think about it for a second. They have, as their pastors, the most powerful men in the universe other than God Almighty Himself telling them what they need to believe. Jesus does what they tell Him to do. Heck, their priests are more powerful than Mary and the saints. Now that's saying something. You and I are mere mortals. :rolleyes:

"Show me where my car keys are, Saint Anthony!" :LOL:
Yeah, that's funny. People don't pray to St. Anthony with the expectation that he will appear to them with the information. They pray to him for the grace to find the car keys themselves.

Yeah, that's funny. People don't pray to St. Anthony with the expectation that he will appear to them with the information. They pray to him for the grace to find the car keys themselves.
So tell me, how does the rcc pick which prospective saint to credit "miracles" to when they happen? Hmmmmm? Do they just put all the names of dead rc's in a giant fishbowl and hold drawings to see who gets credited for the miracle(s)?

So tell me, how does the rcc pick which prospective saint to credit "miracles" to when they happen? Hmmmmm? Do they just put all the names of dead rc's in a giant fishbowl and hold drawings to see who gets credited for the miracle(s)?
I mean it is not very Jesus is it. I mean what OT saint did Jesus say to pray to, to find lost keys or heal sickness?

I didn't think that you would be able to find an answer to my question. You proved me right.

Back