Hebrew & Greek lettering

Shoonra

How can I include Hebrew and/or Greek lettering in a forum message? The ascii codes that begin with #& don't work. It seems highly appropriate for this website to have a convenient way to quote the Bible in its original languages.

John Milton

How can I include Hebrew and/or Greek lettering in a forum message? The ascii codes that begin with #& don't work. It seems highly appropriate for this website to have a convenient way to quote the Bible in its original languages.
I changed the language settings on my computer to enable Greek and Hebrew Keyboards, but I use these languages quite a bit. I haven't had any trouble cutting and pasting specific verses from the NA 28 (Greek) or the BHS (Hebrew). You can access both from the link below. I hope this helps.

SteveB

I typically just copy/paste the letters I want. Works great.

Eg-- choose your bible website of preference.
Activate the greek/hebrew translations.
copy/paste into a post.

Example.
entire sentences

22:14 Μακάριοι οἱ ποιοῦντες τὰς ἐντολὰς αὐτοῦ, ἵνα ἔσται ἡ ἐξουσία αὐτῶν ἐπὶ τὸ ξύλον τῆς ζωῆς καὶ τοῖς πυλῶσιν εἰσέλθωσιν εἰς τὴν πόλιν

single words
πόλιν

and individual letters.

α

It works for all fonts.
תּֽוֹדִיעֵנִי אֹרַח חַיִּים שֹׂבַע שְׂמָחוֹת אֶת־פָּנֶיךָ נְעִמוֹת בִּימִינְךָ נֶֽצַח׃

אֹרַח

ם

I do find it necessary to change the font size under the tT tool above . 1613765944024.png
In this case, I selected 22 as my size.

I'm using the blue letter bible site.

www.blb.org

Hope this helps.

STEPBIBLE

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὴν γῆν.
בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ׃

Got questions? Feel free to ask.

Follow the link STEPBIBLE. Click on the search entry box at top of the page. Click Pick Bible or Commentary. Click Ancient button. Choose one or more Ancient texts. Want more texts? Repeat the same process.

Last edited: