Hebrews 1:8 and the obvious

Our Lord's God

v. 3 He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high
v. 8 Your throne ho theos to the age
v.13 Sit at My right hand

The Greek text literally says, "the throne of you the God (ho theos) to the age"
Hebrews 1:8

Do ya think just maybe that statement tells us WHAT throne Jesus sat down upon?

..I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne
Revelation 3:21

τὸ σάββατόν σου τὸ ἅγιον Nehemiah 9:14
the sabbath of you the holy

τὸ πνεῦμά σου τὸ ἅγιον Psalm51:11
the spirit of you the holy

ὁ ὀφθαλμός σου ὁ δεξιὸς Matthew 5:29
the eye of you the right

Ὁ θρόνος σου ὁ θεός Hebrews 1:8
the throne of you the God

the throne of you the God... and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.

This is not rocket science. The true intent at Hebrews 1:8 is as plain as day.

Maybe you could find a way to make the evidence go away.

Last edited:

brightfame52

The Greek text literally says, "the throne of you the God (ho theos) to the age"

the eye of you the right

the throne of you the God... and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.

Its plain as day that Jesus is God. Its wierd how you are using scriptures that confirm Jesus is God, to say He is not God !

Our Lord's God

lol, thats what is weird about you. You on a crusade to disprove the Deity of Christ as God, by using scriptures that actually prove it.

Really? And you expect people to believe a translation where God's God says to God that God's God rewards God for good behavior and God's God rewards God by anointing God to be above God's peers?

Good luck with that.

the eye of you the right

lol, thats what is weird about you. You on a crusade to disprove the Deity of Christ as God, by using scriptures that actually prove it.
How can a scripture that originally was written for the Davidic anointed Kings and that states that the one anointed to the throne has a God above him who anoints him?

Speak about weird, what is truly weird is that this doesn't cause you to stop listening to those teaching you and turn you around to God for the correct understanding of these passages instead.

My crusade is to make trinitarians think about the many scriptures that they would rather forget and that contradict their doctrines so they will be forced to face up to the truth about them and stop attempting to twist them to make them fit with their false teachings.

For there is just way too much dishonesty when they are forced to think about them and answer to them.

Stephen

I love the hypocrisy in my NET bible notes on this verse:

In the Psalm being quoted by Hebrews 1:8 (Psalm 45:6) , when the psalm calls Solomon (or whichever king) "O God" it says:

sn O God. The king is clearly the addressee here, as in vv. 2-5 and 7-9. Rather than taking the statement at face value, many prefer to emend the text because the concept of deifying the earthly king is foreign to ancient Israelite thinking (cf. NEB “your throne is like God’s throne, eternal”). However, it is preferable to retain the text and take this statement as another instance of the royal hyperbole that permeates the royal psalms. Because the Davidic king is God’s vice-regent on earth, the psalmist addresses him as if he were God incarnate. God energizes the king for battle and accomplishes justice through him. . . .. When the king’s enemies oppose him on the battlefield, they are, as it were, fighting against God himself.​

But when the same passage is quoted in Hebrews 1:8

tn Or possibly, “Your throne is God forever and ever.” This translation is quite doubtful, however, since (1) in the context the Son is being contrasted to the angels and is presented as far better than they. The imagery of God being the Son’s throne would seem to be of God being his authority. If so, in what sense could this not be said of the angels? In what sense is the Son thus contrasted with the angels? (2) The μέν…δέ (men…de) construction that connects v. 7 with v. 8 clearly lays out this contrast: “On the one hand, he says of the angels…on the other hand, he says of the Son.” Thus, although it is grammatically possible that θεός (theos) in v. 8 should be taken as a predicate nominative, the context and the correlative conjunctions are decidedly against it. Hebrews 1:8 is thus a strong affirmation of the deity of Christ.

How did such hypocrisy get past the editors? When applied to Solomon it makes him God's vice regent, but when applied to Christ it is "a strong affirmation of the deity of Christ"?

johnny guitar

the eye of you the right

Indeed, the true intent of 1:8 is plain as day, to wit The Son is acknowledged as God and His throne is forever.

brightfame52

He didn't ask if Jesus died as a Man or as God.

He asked...

Was that dead corpse of flesh hanging on the cross "a created thing"?

Please post an answer to that question.
Fair enough, Yes. I say that because I believe His Body was referred to as a Holy thing here Lk 1 35

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Also Heb 10:5

Why when he comes into the world, he said, Sacrifice and offering you would not, but a body have you prepared me:

But again, His Being as God wasnt created thing, its Co Eternal with the Father and Spirit.

Our Lord's God

What does that word construction mean? See what you can learn from that.

the eye of you the right

What does that word construction mean? See what you can learn from that.

Now that you have learned something, what does the same word construction at Hebrews 1:8 mean?

Last edited: