Helen & the Scissors

The Pixie

Just murder? How about slapping? Spitting in the face? Cheating at cards? Hurting Granny's feelings? Your ideal interventionist god will be kept very busy, but he'll need some thresholds. I guess you're the man to provide them.
What is your point? Are you saying God is a bit dumb, and he cannot decide if slapping is wrong or not, and then he gets all confused about murder?

The Pixie

God might want to violate one man's free will to protect another. For example, suppose Adrian chooses to murder Brian, but Brian chooses not be murdered by Adrian.

God could choose to intervene, to protect Brian and uphold Brian's free will. Or he can choose not to intervene, and to uphold Adrian's free will. He consistently chooses the latter, he consistently chooses to uphold the free will of the perpetrator, at the expense of the victim.
Except when HE doesn't.
Really? Can you point to an example of a murder he stopped?

Here are statistics on murders where did not, and instead he chose to uphold the free will of the murderer, at the expense of the victim.

stiggy wiggy

What is your point? Are you saying God is a bit dumb, and he cannot decide if slapping is wrong or not, and then he gets all confused about murder?

So He should just intervene on "wrong" stuff?

"Whoops, Billy is about to cheat at Go Fish, I'd better scatter the playing cards, and whoops, over there Bob is about make fun of Granny's arthritis, I'd better freeze his larynx, and whoops................"

5wize

So He should just intervene on "wrong" stuff?

"Whoops, Billy is about to cheat at Go Fish, I'd better scatter the playing cards, and whoops, over there Bob is about make fun of Granny's arthritis, I'd better freeze his larynx, and whoops................"
No, just stop the B.S. on God vs. free will. He obviously intervenes against free will all the time. He just picks and choses that's all.

stiggy wiggy

No, just stop the B.S. on God vs. free will. He obviously intervenes against free will all the time. He just picks and choses that's all.

AMEN, fellow theist! He chooses to intervene if the one for whom He intervenes has a heart suited for the intervention.

5wize

AMEN, fellow theist! He chooses to intervene if the one for whom He intervenes has a heart suited for the intervention.
Yes! Exactly! He intervened in the free will of Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Georgina "Gina" DeJesus and did not intervene in the free will of Ariel Castro in the 10 year captivity and rape of the girls because the girl's hearts were suited for the intervention.

I think you've got the nature of the God you worship down pretty well now. You and Treeplanter should celebrate your new found accord.

5wize

No, He didn't. Nor did He intervene in the free will of whoever fed you that line of crap.
Yes he did. Those girls willed to be free. But their hearts must not have been "suited for the intervention" of God's mercy on earth , or they were suited for the intervention to have their will thwarted.. You talk about a line of complete crap. There it is. "suited for the intervention"... WTF?

Last edited:

stiggy wiggy

The 2nd quote is yours genius

What 2nd quote? You didn't give one.

Helpful hint: Don't use the trite "genius" ploy as an attempt at irony if it relates to a blunder on your part. It makes the irony backfire on your egg-splattered face.

What's a "yours genius," anyway? See if Vanna sells commas in addition to vowels.

Tiburon

Queen Isabella: "C'mon Chris. You didn't discover squat. I realize you claim that experiential evidence tells us you had an experience. It doesn't give any support to your claim for the origin of that experience."
No. But the gold, the kidnapped Native Americans, birds and plants did. Do you have any evidence of that nature to support your experience?

stiggy wiggy

No. But the gold, the kidnapped Native Americans, birds and plants did. Do you have any evidence of that nature to support your experience?

Queenie: "C'mon, Chris. Prove all that crap you brought back came from another continent. And go wash up. You smell bad."