Hell is a Parable for the Womb (and Reincarnation)

Base12

No, Paul was alive before he knew and understood the spiritual meaning and extent of it
This is the 'non-literal' interpretation. If that is what you believe, I will not argue.

However, when Paul states 'I died', I believe that to be literal. Are you going to deny me the literal interpretation?

CrowCross

This is the 'non-literal' interpretation. If that is what you believe, I will not argue.

However, when Paul states 'I died', I believe that to be literal. Are you going to deny me the literal interpretation?

Every human is dead in their sins and trespasses....until those who receive Christ are made alive in Christ.

Base12

John tells us the Word...was God.

Is Jesus God reincarnated...or incarnated?
Jesus is definitely Incarnated. As for Reincarnated, I have yet to formulate an opinion on that. There are definitely verses that seem to allude to that. Not sure though.

CrowCross

Jesus is definitely Incarnated. As for Reincarnated, I have yet to formulate an opinion on that. There are definitely verses that seem to allude to that. Not sure though.
There is no reincarnation...so we can 100% say no to that.

27Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Base12

Every human is dead in their sins and trespasses....until those who receive Christ are made alive in Christ.
I address the 'dead in sins' subject at 15:33 in the movie.

Example:

Ephesians 2:1
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;"

The above verse is speaking of our Past Lives. It is literal. We were dead in our sins and found to be unworthy. We were thrown into the Lake of Fire.

The phrase 'Time Past', I believe means 'Past Life'...

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

Here is a very important point regarding the word 'Quickened'...

1 Corinthians 15:36
"Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:"

Only that which was once physically dead can be quickened.

Now, read Ephesians 2:1 again. The debate should be over with just that Revelation. :cool:

Base12

There is no reincarnation...so we can 100% say no to that.

27Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment,
Thank you for that verse. Would you mind posting how you interpret it?

How does the verse debunk Reincarnation?

CrowCross

I address the 'dead in sins' subject at 15:33 in the movie.

Example:

Ephesians 2:1
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;"

The above verse is speaking of our Past Lives. It is literal. We were dead in our sins and found to be unworthy. We were thrown into the Lake of Fire.

The phrase 'Time Past', I believe means 'Past Life'...
No, the verse is speaking of the pre-saved man.

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"
Prior to their salvation. "in which you once walked, following the course of this world"

You can see how "once" (times past) is used in may ways here.

Didn't you do a word study?
Here is a very important point regarding the word 'Quickened'...

Only that which was once physically dead can be quickened.

Now, read Ephesians 2:1 again. The debate should be over with just that Revelation. :cool:
Quickens also speaks of a spiritual happening. It happens when your sins are forgiven. You can see how the word is used here.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Base12

Quickens also speaks of a spiritual happening. It happens when your sins are forgiven. You can see how the word is used here.
The verse is clear...

Only that which was physically dead can be quickened. Thus, there can be no other type of Quicken.

You can say 'Spiritual Happening' all you want, but that phrase is not in the Bible. There is no 'Spiritual Death'.

Anyhow, sins are forgiven before birth, where the actual Quickening takes place.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Again, the above verse speaks of what happened before birth. Preordained. Predestined...

Romans 8:30
"Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Being 'dead in sins' is LITERAL. It is referring to our Past Life.

Last edited:

Base12

You only go around life once.
There are many who have died in the Bible, only to be brought back to life again.

There are those that never died (Enoch, Elijah).

The Rapture is all about those that are alive and remain be caught up without dying.
You are not re-born as a new baby or cow.
So, no such thing as being Born Again?

1 Peter 1:23
"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

Whether it is a Glorified Body or a cow, becoming Born Again into a new body is still Reincarnation.

Base12

Let us now apply this 'Spiritual Happening' to Jesus to see if this rings True...

"1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit"

So according to you @CrowCross , the death of Jesus was not physical, but rather it was a Spiritual Happening.

Thus, Jesus was not brought back to life in the literal sense, but rather Jesus became a Born Again Believer.

I would have to conclude that this does not ring True to me.

Last edited:

Base12

Here is an interesting verse...

Psalms 119:50
"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."

It happened before birth.

More specifically, it happened AFTER JUDGMENT DAY...

Psalms 119:52
"I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself."

Think of Jonah in the Belly of Hell...

Jonah 2:7
"When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple."

Again, Jonah was in Hell...

Jonah 2:2
"And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice."

It was a picture of Jonah's previous life. God saved Jonah from Hell... literally.

Jonah remembered what happened BEFORE CONCEPTION.

Last edited: