'Hello ball.'"
~The Honeymooners
~The Three Stooges
~The Flintstones
Rhetorically, who said it?
Nic🕵

Bonnie

Three Stooges?

But HI! I tried to email you that the boards were back up, but my email got kicked back, so you must have changed it. But welcome back. Everything works fine, as far as I can tell.

Nic

Three Stooges?

But HI! I tried to email you that the boards were back up, but my email got kicked back, so you must have changed it. But welcome back. Everything works fine, as far as I can tell.
Oh thank you Bonnie! I'm not sure which email you have. I think it was a once used yahoo account. That's been dead for awhile. Then I had some other emails that I failed to reactivate after repeatedly resetting a device. Until very recently I did recover one and contacted Jael/Thekla and replied to bj_bear. I searched for your address and did find one for are friend who enjoys posting to the food forum, but I couldn't find yours nor dropkick's?😜😟
Yes the site looks nice. I tried to keep up with all the crash-restore repeat efforts but I was having some difficulties.
Thank you for the welcome and the effort to contact me. Maybe somehow privately I can get a working one to you?

I was scratching my head on those answers I provided for lacking to run two of them down, I was certain that at least two if not all three had a similar scene. For the one I came closest to quoting, that would be The Honeymooners. I'm pretty sure your answer had Curly saying 'Hello ball-zy wall-zy." I think or imagined Barney was serving up the punch line to Fred.

Nic

bigthinker

Mormon apologetic tactics I have observed on CARM for years:

1. Attempt to deflect from the OP
2. Change the subject--often drastically
3. Repeat the same old questions, over and over again, and....
4. Pretend we have not answered their questions or dealt with their points, to make it appear that we have not, and they have won the debate
5. Ignore our points and Bible verses that put their quoted bible verses into proper perspective, that show that they have misinterpreted and/or misunderstood what the Bible was talking about
6. When they cannot refute what Christians post, fall back onto their "testimony" of their church and prophet, Joseph Smith.
7. Make ad homs against us. Rare. And only used by a few.
Bonnie,
Can I use this? Its essentially the same way Christians respond to atheist posts.

Bonnie

I would prefer you did not, as I have lurked on some of the Atheists boards and I do see Christians responding with thoughtful posts. Mostly on those boards I see ad homs flung at each other from both sides, which is shameful. I mean, really being vicious. Makes my toes curl. But thanks for asking.

bigthinker

I would prefer you did not, as I have lurked on some of the Atheists boards and I do see Christians responding with thoughtful posts. Mostly on those boards I see ad homs flung at each other from both sides, which is shameful. I mean, really being vicious. Makes my toes curl. But thanks for asking.
Interesting because I see far less of that sort of thing from atheists unless parodying or making a point.
From the couple of threads I've started here, there's been very little attempt from believers to address the points in the OP.
I see attempts to change topic,
repeating the same questions over and over and over as nauseam
DEFINITELY pretend we have not answered their question -as well as assert they have ALREADY answered ours
Ignore our points and responses to bible verses, perspective etc.
When they cannot refute the atheist's position, they fall back on their "testimony" scripture, god etc.
The most common though is the ad hominem attacks. Quite popular and common.

Anyways, its interesting that you see the same thing from a different set of believers.

Bonnie

Interesting because I see far less of that sort of thing from atheists unless parodying or making a point.
From the couple of threads I've started here, there's been very little attempt from believers to address the points in the OP.
I see attempts to change topic,
repeating the same questions over and over and over as nauseam
DEFINITELY pretend we have not answered their question -as well as assert they have ALREADY answered ours
Ignore our points and responses to bible verses, perspective etc.
When they cannot refute the atheist's position, they fall back on their "testimony" scripture, god etc.
The most common though is the ad hominem attacks. Quite popular and common.

Anyways, its interesting that you see the same thing from a different set of believers.
Both sides are equally guilty. It is shameful. Especially for those who bear the title of Christian. They should know better.

bigthinker

Both sides are equally guilty. It is shameful. Especially for those who bear the title of Christian. They should know better.
Agreed.
The problem is that knowing better would be to address their beliefs full on with critical analysis.