Hello

Columbus

My name is Tom.

I consider myself a non-theist.
I believe in God, sorta. My god image is so different from the Abrahamic God that I hesitate to say I believe in god where that would be misconstrued as the Abrahamic version.
It's more like a hard agnostic deist.

I don't find it likely that the material universe is all there is to reality. I also don't think it's likely that humans know anything important on the subject. So I believe in God, while being quite certain that religion is fiction.

I'm tall, white, male, gay, adopted, and live in Indiana. I'm sometimes so conservative I appear liberal and sometimes so liberal I appear conservative.

Howdy.
Tom

My name is Tom.

I consider myself a non-theist.
I believe in God, sorta. My god image is so different from the Abrahamic God that I hesitate to say I believe in god where that would be misconstrued as the Abrahamic version.
It's more like a hard agnostic deist.

I don't find it likely that the material universe is all there is to reality. I also don't think it's likely that humans know anything important on the subject. So I believe in God, while being quite certain that religion is fiction.

I'm tall, white, male, gay, adopted, and live in Indiana. I'm sometimes so conservative I appear liberal and sometimes so liberal I appear conservative.

Howdy.
Tom
Welcome Tom, A new perspective is always welcome.

Hi Tom,

Nice introduction. I hope to chat with you more in the coming days.

A friendly note of caution: this forum can get pretty contentious, and a lot of that comes from the fact that many folks have been members for more than a decade. This familiarity often results in them being jaded and dismissive, so when you encounter it, don't be discouraged.

A new face is always welcome here, theist or atheist or anything else in-between. Welcome!

Hi Tom, welcome.

Why did you choose Columbus for your username?

The only person I know from Indiana (Indianapolis) is the woman who told me how to become a Christian the day after I moved to England. It was a life-changer.

Back