Hell's Daily Body Count

"I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of
heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore."

The version of Genesis 22:17 displayed below has been deliberately altered for a
purpose. Watch for the revisions.

"I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring equal to the stars of
heaven and equal to the sand that is on the seashore."
_

The version of Genesis 22:17 displayed below has been deliberately altered for a
purpose. Watch for the revisions.

"I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring equal to the stars of
heaven and equal to the sand that is on the seashore."
_
Here is the passage in the original Hebrew:

Strong'sHebrewEnglishMorphology
3588 [e]כִּֽי־
kî-
thatConj
1288 [e]בָרֵ֣ךְ
ḇā-rêḵ
blessingV-Piel-InfAbs
1288 [e]אֲבָרֶכְךָ֗
’ă-ḇā-reḵ-ḵā,
I will bless youV-Piel-Imperf-1cs | 2ms
7235 [e]וְהַרְבָּ֨ה
wə-har-bāh
and multiplyingConj-w | V-Hifil-InfAbs
7235 [e]אַרְבֶּ֤ה
’ar-beh
I will multiplyV-Hifil-Imperf-1cs
853 [e]אֶֽת־
’eṯ-
-DirObjM
2233 [e]זַרְעֲךָ֙
zar-‘ă-ḵā
your descendantsN-msc | 2ms
3556 [e]כְּכוֹכְבֵ֣י
kə-ḵō-wḵ-ḇê
as the starsPrep-k | N-mpc
8064 [e]הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם
haš-šā-ma-yim,
of the heavenArt | N-mp
2344 [e]וְכַח֕וֹל
wə-ḵa-ḥō-wl
and as the sandConj-w, Prep-k, Art | N-ms
834 [e]אֲשֶׁ֖ר
’ă-šer
which [is]Pro-r
5921 [e]עַל־
‘al-
onPrep
8193 [e]שְׂפַ֣ת
śə-p̄aṯ
the shoreN-fsc
3220 [e]הַיָּ֑ם
hay-yām;
[of] the seaArt | N-ms
3423 [e]וְיִרַ֣שׁ
wə-yi-raš
and shall possessConj-w | V-Qal-ConjImperf-3ms
2233 [e]זַרְעֲךָ֔
zar-‘ă-ḵā,
your descendantsN-msc | 2ms
853 [e]אֵ֖ת
’êṯ
-DirObjM
8179 [e]שַׁ֥עַר
ša-‘ar
the gateN-msc
341 [e]אֹיְבָֽיו׃
’ō-yə-ḇāw.
of their enemiesV-Qal-Prtcpl-mpc | 3ms

Sorry if I missed your point. Are you saying the passage doesn't mention the sand on the shore or something else?

Gen 28:15 . . Remember, I am with you: I will protect you wherever you go and
will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have
promised you.

Hardly any of those promises were fulfilled in Jacob's lifetime. So how could God
say: "I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you"

Well; I think it best to take it that God remained Jacob's provider even in the grave,
i.e. when God's people pass away, they don't become dead to Him; whereas when
the wicked die, they no longer make any difference; for example:

"As to whether the dead will be raised-- Moses proved this when he wrote about the
burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, Moses wrote of The
Lord as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. So he is the
God of the living, not the dead. They are all alive to him." (Luke 20:37-38)

God has always been with Jacob, and never left him even once-- all these many
years; better than three-thousand of them by now. And all this whole time Jacob
has lived under God's protection because God promised He would protect Jacob
wherever he went; and in order for that promise to be meaningful, it has to include
the afterlife. (cf. Ps 139:7-10, Matt 16:18)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 668 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 50,179,492 new arrivals have
checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Feb 04, 2021.
_

Rom 8:15-16 . . For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but
you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out: Abba, Father. The Spirit
Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

That passage tells of a supernatural close encounter of a third kind, so to speak.

Not every Christian undergoes the experience. For example: adherents of
Catholicism honestly don't know for sure where they stand with God-- we're talking
about something like 1.3 billion people. That number represents a minimum
49% of the world's Christians. It's difficult to tag the number of Protestants because
they are so diverse in their beliefs and practices.

NOTE: Rom 8:15-16 never happened for Mother Teresa. She complained in private
correspondence with spiritual counselors that she felt not the slightest glimmer of
the Lord's presence virtually the entire five decades of missionary work in India;
leading her to wonder if there really is a God out there; and she sometimes spoke
of Jesus as "the absent one".

The Spirit of adoption is supposed to make God's people feel at home; not feel left
out. I don't know what went wrong with Teresa but for sure her spiritual condition
was not good.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 675 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 50,705,325 new arrivals have
_

John 6:38 . . I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will
of Him who sent me

John 8:29 . . He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I
do always those things that please Him.

John 14:31 . . I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

God is not only Jesus' tutor, but also his role model. For example: the Father has
entrusted all judgment to His son (John 5:22) For that reason, people really ought
to be scared of Christ because he intends to go about the business of judging no
differently than the fire and brimstone practices of the God of the Old Testament,
by whom Jesus has been trained to take the reins.

John 5:19 . . I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do
only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also
does.

John 10:30 . . I and my Father are unified.

Isa 11:4-5 . . He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of
his lips he will slay the wicked. Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the
sash around his waist.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 682 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 51,231,158 new arrivals have
_

Heb 12:29 . . For our God is a consuming fire.

That's a quote from Deut 4:24 which, in context, doesn't describe God's physical
characteristics, rather, it's a figure of speech illustrating rage: defined by Webster's
as violent and uncontrolled anger. It's hard to imagine Christianity's divine patron
ticked off to that extent, but there it is.

* A consuming fire is one that cannot be extinguished, i.e. once it gets going,
there's no stopping till all that's aflame is utterly destroyed beyond recognition, viz:
a conflagration.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 689 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 51,756,991 new arrivals have
_

FAQ: Does Matt 25:31-46 depict the final judgment?

REPLY: No; rather it depicts a culling from the herd of Tribulation survivors relative
to their treatment of the Jews during a time of unequaled Anti-Semitism. If the
Jews thought they had it bad in the Holocaust: something worse is yet to come.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 698 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 52,433,062 new arrivals have
_

If there is such a thing as soul sleep, I won't know it, here's why:

I've been under anesthesia once for appendicitis, twice for hernias, one for a scalp
lump, once for a kidney stone, twice for total knee replacements, once for a
colonoscopy, once for lung cancer, and once for an endoscopy.

In none of those procedures was I aware of the passage of time. The very moment
I went under was simultaneous with awakening. So if soul sleep is like that, I'll be
in Heaven as if I went from here to there in less than a second of time on the clock,
i.e. instantaneously. The same can be said for folks on track to face justice, i.e.
there will be no delay.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 705 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 52,958,895 new arrivals have
_

God has a passion for mercy and generosity; but they're not His only passions.

Rom 11:22 . . Behold then the kindness and severity of God

The human condition is so bad, so corrupt, and so hopeless that only the death of
God's sole descendant is adequate to rescue everybody from the lake of fire
depicted at Rev 20:10-15 where numbers of folks will be terminated with extreme
prejudice by a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten
iron.

Now, who in their right might mind can look at that scene and not come away with
the opinion that it depicts a very cruel and unusual punishment? Why not just put
folks down with an injection so that they softly and gently fall asleep never to wake
up? Wouldn't that be nicer, more humane? Yes that would be nicer and more
humane; but would it satisfy God?

Adam started out in the image of God. So at first, his sense of right and wrong was
in agreement with his creator's sense of right and wrong. Then came the forbidden
fruit incident when Adam's original sense of right was lost and his conscience
became that of a tin god.

Well; that's why many of us cannot appreciate our maker's justice. If we did, we
wouldn't be criticizing Him for the way He intends to punish folks. Instead, we'd be
cheering Him on; like this:

Rev 16:5-7 . .Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: You are just in
these judgments: You who are, and who were; the Holy one, because you have so
judged . . .Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.

* The "Holy one" is none other than God's descendant, i.e. the sweet little babe
away in a manger will be presiding at the great white throne event.

John 5:22-23 . . Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all
judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

Acts 17:31 . . He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the
man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the
dead.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 712 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 53,484,728 new arrivals have
_

Although many details pertaining to the afterlife are absent in the Old Testament,
Moses and the prophets wrote quite a bit about retribution. Torah-trained Jews
have always known something frightening is in the works. For example:

Ex 34:6-7 . . Then The Lord passed by in front of Moses and proclaimed: The
Lord, The Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in
loving-kindness and truth; who keeps loving-kindness for thousands, who forgives
iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty
unpunished:

Now the big problem with the rich man's brothers per Luke 16:19-31 wasn't related
to knowing: their problem was related to hearing-- common among the Jews.

Matt 13:15 . . For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with
their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their
eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal
them.

The writer to the Hebrews said something like that too in 5:11.

"Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have
become dull of hearing."

The Greek word for "dull" means lazy, i.e. indifferent. (cf. Heb 6:12)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 719 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 54,010,561 new arrivals have
_

Ps 115:17 . .The dead do not praise The Lord, nor do any who go down into
silence.

"any who go down into silence" tells us that certain folks might just as well be mute
in the afterlife because The Lord no longer lends them His ear; they're permanently
cut off from His benevolence, viz: God has no interest whatsoever in either their
worship or their prayers, i.e. they are dead to Him; and as far as He's concerned
they're like old documents disposed in the shredder because they no longer matter.

* It's conceivable that the outer darkness spoken of in the 8th and 22nd chapters of
Matthew is a sort of reiteration of Ps 115:17. In other words: although folks
alienated from God are in a darkness of sorts already; He hasn't totally abandoned
them yet.

Matt 5:44-45 . . I say, love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you. In
that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For He gives
his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and on the
unjust, too.

Illustrations for Dante's Inferno by the artist Gustave Doré may not be entirely
true, but they sure do a good job of impressing the total and complete absence of
God's benevolence in the netherworld.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 723 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 54,311,037 new arrivals have
_

In the beginning; humanity was created with a conscience patterned after its
maker's conscience.

"And God said: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness . . So God created
man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female
created he them." (Gen 1:26-27)

Then came the forbidden fruit incident, wherein humanity's conscience lost its
divine quality and became humanistic.

Then the Lord God said: Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good
and evil. (Gen 3:22)

I think most folks would agree that monsters like Kim Jong-Un, Xi Jinping, Robert
Mugabe, Al Capone, drug cartel kingpins, human traffickers, and Joseph Stalin
belong in Hell; but why are decent folk down there?

Well; obviously humanity's moral compass points to a different north than their
maker's, viz: sometimes what's justifiable in humanity's reasoning isn't justifiable
at all to God; and the bar is set pretty high. (Rom 3:23)

There's a rather humorous scene in Dante's Inferno where these two guys who
knew each other in life are quarreling over who deserves Hell more than the other;
which is pretty silly when it's considered that both are in the same place and on the
same level.

I rather suspect that quite a few folks sincerely believe God has made a big mistake
sending them down there. In their judicious estimation; others deserve it for sure,
but not them.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 726 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 54,311,037 new arrivals have
_

FAQ: Was Adam's disobedience a Hell-worthy transgression?

REPLY: No.

According to Gen 2:17 it was a death-worthy transgression rather than Hell-worthy.
In other words; the proper penalty for Adam's mistake was simply his loss of
immortality; and of course loss of access to the tree of life too. (Gen 3:22
24)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 734 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 55,137,346 new arrivals have
_

Consider a Jewish man who has undergone circumcision the eighth day as required,
and successfully completed Bar Mitzvah. From that point on he is obligated to
comply with the covenant that Moses' people agreed upon with God on oath per
Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

Now supposing that same Jewish man begins to have second thoughts about the
covenant and thinks maybe he would like to try something else. Well; he is not at
liberty to just up and walk away from the covenant; no, not when he is very likely
indebted to it via one or more of the curses listed at Lev 26:14 39, Deut 27:15-26,
and Deut 28:15-68. Those curses have to be satisfied first before he can even
surmise himself free to transfer his affections to another religion. However; if that
man would like; Christ can do it all for him.

Isa 53:6 . .We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own
way; and The Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 739 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 55,512,941 new arrivals have
_

The disturbing scene depicted at Rev 20:11-15 will be presided over by none other
than the sweet little babe away in a manger.

John 5:21-23 . . Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all
judgment to the Son

Acts 17:31 . . He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the
man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the
dead.

Misogyny was given quite a bit of negative press during former US President
Trump's administration; while misandry was treated as if acceptable. But malice is
unacceptable with God on any level; and I think we have to accept the possibility
that there are just as many, if not more, man haters in Hell as there are woman
haters.

Rom 2:9-11. .There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does
evil: For God does not show favoritism.

Women are not a protected species with God; nor is their gender a mitigating
factor. They will be judged solely on the basis of their lives just the same as men.

Rev 20:12-15 . . I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and
books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead
were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea
gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were
in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. . . And
whosoever's name was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of
fire.

* I would really hate to be a woman infected with militant misandry because in the
end, it will be a man that casts malicious women into the lake of fire and
permanently ruining any chances they might have had for happiness in the future.
For all eternity, condemned man haters will grind their

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 746 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 56,038,774 new arrivals have
_

2Tim 3:1-3 . . This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For
people shall be . . .without natural affection

The Greek word translated "without natural affection" means hard-hearted towards
kindred; viz: lacking in sympathetic understanding i.e. unfeeling, pitiless,
thoughtless, insensitive, cruel, and inhumane.

There are actually kids growing up in homes right here in the USA where their
parents never give them even one atta-boy. As a result, they grow up feeling ugly,
unwanted, stupid, useless, marginal, expendable, and unnecessary.

There are also kids growing up in homes where mothers never hug them nor bother
to take the time to forge a bond between mother and child. Thus they grow up with
reactive attachment disorder; feeling convinced that no one could possibly ever
love them or be their best friend forever. RAD kids grow up to become adults with
some serious trust issues.

Maybe you don't burn your kids with cigarettes, pour Tabasco sauce in their eyes,
or lock them in a hall closet without food and water for two days; but do you ignore
their opinions, demean them with denigrating labels, ridicule them, threaten their
lives, work them as slaves without compensation, deny them things just so you
won't appear to indulge them, and/or say "no" to their requests for no good reason
than that you don't want to seem weak and under their control?

Do you routinely abuse their human rights, and/or relegate them to the level of
livestock rather than bona fide human beings with feelings and a mind of their own?
Do you nurture within them a feeling of importance, of belonging in your home, or
do you make them feel like an invasive species and/or an uninvited guest? Kids pick
up on things like that.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 757 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 56,865,083 new arrivals have
_

Rev 16:8-9 . .The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was
given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and
they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused
to repent and glorify Him.

Rev 16:10-11 . .The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast,
and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. Men gnawed their tongues in agony
and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they
refused to repent of what they had done.

You know what's missing in those two scenarios? The element of fright is missing.
The recipients of those acts of God actually get angry and resentful instead of
scared.

Back in the sixth chapter, people panic and actually pray to be buried alive rather
than face the wrath of God. But apparently by the time of the sixteenth chapter,
they're over it. Well; no surprise there.

The first time I heard of Jesus' return I got nervous because, at the time, I had a
lot to answer for. But the nervousness soon passed, and I became indignant
because I don't like being made afraid; so I can sort of understand the people's
change of mood between the sixth chapter and the sixteenth. Hell is no doubt
populated by a large number of very outraged folks.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 765 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 57,466,035 new arrivals have
_

Righteousness and Justification are spoken of together in Rom 5:18 the same as
they are in Rom 3:21-24. So then, if perchance someone is fortunate to obtain the
righteousness, then they will automatically obtain the justification that goes along
with it.

FYI: Righteousness pertains to innocence, and Justification pertains to acquittal.

For example: former US President Donald Trump was charged with insurrection. His
accusers in the Senate failed to convict him, i.e. the majority voted for his
innocence and consequently he was acquitted.

This is what God has done for some of us; except that He has declared us all guilty
rather than innocent (Rom 3:23). However; via our faith in Jesus' blood as an
adequate propitiation for our sins, God granted us an adjudication of innocence,
and consequently an acquittal. It's all spelled out in Rom 3:21-28.

The first prayer I prayed that made some sense contained the words below:

"God, I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death"

My prayer wasn't much to brag about; but it was the smartest sixteen words I'd
ever spoken up to that time.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 770 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 57,841,630 new arrivals have
_

The way I figure it: seeing as how God is an intelligent, mature adult (so to speak)
who's never petty, nor capricious, nor biased, nor fickle, nor impulsive, nor
unreasonable, and takes no kind of sick pleasure in causing people harm; then God
must be just as stuck with Hell and can't make it go away with any more ease than
we can.

For reasons I have yet to even guess, Hell is unavoidable even for God because it's
somehow the right thing to do; i.e. it has to be utilized for punishment in order to
satisfy a level of justice that our limited little minds may never be able to fully
grasp.

Ps 145:17 . .The Lord is righteous in all His ways

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 775 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 58,217,225 new arrivals have
_

FAQ: Doesn't 1Tim 2:4 say it is God's will that everyone be spared?

REPLY: It was likely God's will that no one perish in the Flood, but many did
anyway.

2Pet 2:4 . . God did not spare the ancient world when he brought the Flood on its
ungodly people; but saved only Noah plus seven others.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is a fair warning of terrors yet to come.

2Pet 2:6 . . He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to
ashes; making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 782 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 58,743,058 new arrivals have
_

Back