Hell's Daily Body Count

No they weren't.

I've seen how you treat people with whom you disagree. I think it's best if we do as you suggested, agree to disagree.
They were, or at least popularized by them.

People reap what they sow. It isn’t about disagreement, it’s about the narcissistic behaviors, like your 2 scripture twister pals from the pentecostalist forum. Look how Christ treated religious hypocrites and false teachers..read Matt 23.

Luke 16:27-29 . . I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have
five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of
torment.

The five brothers would more than likely recognize Lazarus because he was laid at
the rich man's gate; so that whenever they came over for a visit; there he'd be for
them to walk past.

I can well imagine that the men would be fascinated by Lazarus' tale but not
fascinated enough to make a difference because Abraham assured the rich man
that his brothers wouldn't believe Lazarus; and honestly: who in their right mind
would; especially a tale coming from a no-account indigent whose body covered
with sores very likely wasn't even given a decent burial but instead dumped without
ceremony in a landfill somewhere?

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,187 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 89,166,253 new arrivals have
checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Feb 04, 2021.
_

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,187 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 89,166,253 new arrivals have
NOBODY has "checked into the fiery sector of Hades."

The Reformation did not go far enough. Protestantism has unfortunately kept two of the most egregious doctrines of Catholicism:
1) the Trinity
2) the belief in an immortal soul.

The Lord wasn't looking for people's religion on Passover night, nor was he looking
for people's piety and/or their conduct . He was looking for just one thing, and one
thing only: the blood.

That being the case, then had a Jewish family failed to apply the blood in the proper
manner, their first-born son would've been slain. On the other hand; were an
Egyptian family careful to apply the blood in the proper manner, their son would've
been spared because the The Lord is neither biased nor prejudiced.

Along that same line; Jesus' blood will protect anybody and everybody who applies
it in the proper manner because he died for all; no exceptions regardless of age,
race, gender and/or religious preference. But many won't be protected by his blood,
because they will neglect to apply it at all, let alone properly.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,194 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 89,692,086 new arrivals have
_

Although church attendance is oftentimes thought of as worship, in reality it's not quite.

John 4:21 . . Jesus declared: Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

* Jerusalem is the Temple site-- the very hub of worship --yet Jesus ranks it below something far more important.

John 4:23 . . A time is coming, and has now come, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

The human spirit is inadequate for the level of worship Jesus spoke of, so; it's necessary to infuse folks with God's spirit in order to bring them up to speed, so to speak.

John 4:24 . . God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Actually Jesus didn't introduce something new. The prophet Ezekiel predicted that very thing something like 500 years before Jesus was born.

"I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws." (Ezek 36:24-27)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,200 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 90,142,800 new arrivals have
_

Well, since my baby left me,
I found a new place to dwell.
It's down at the end of Lonely Street at
Heartbreak Hotel.

Although it's always crowded,
You still can find some room
For broken-hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom.

That song, by Elvis Presley back in 1956, was very popular; and useful for depicting
some of the conditions folks might expect in the netherworld should they end up on
the wrong side of things. For example: just as Elvis' hotel always has a vacancy, so
the netherworld too.

Prov 30:15-16 . . There are three things that will not be satisfied-- four that will
not say, "Enough"

One of the four listed in that passage is Sheol, a.k.a. Hades which in Hellenistic
culture spoke of the netherworld: a place in which all the dead were warehoused:
both the good dead and the bad dead regardless of age, race, gender, or religious
preference.

And then there's "cry there in their gloom"

Matt 13:40-42 . . As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so
shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and
they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do
iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and
gnashing of teeth.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,205 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 90,518,395 new arrivals have
_

Heb 6:4-6 . . For it is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who
have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted
the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall
away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying
the Son of God afresh and subjecting him to public disgrace.

We know that with God nothing is impossible. So, I think we have to acquiesce that
the impossibility spoken of here is so because God has made it His mission in life,
so to speak, to assure that folks blessed with the level of advantages spoken of
here are never to be given an opportunity to reconsider-- ever. The die is cast; e.g.
Judas Iscariot. (cf. Prov 1:20-33)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,210 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 90,893,990 new arrivals have
_

Matt 13:10 . . And the disciples came and said to him: Why do you speak to them
in parables?

Matt 13:11 . . It is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of
heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jesus answered their inquiry by referring to an incident in the 6th chapter of
Isaiah's prophecy wherein God had lost interest in numbers of His people because
they had lost interest in Him.

The Jews' spiritual condition was little different in Jesus' day, i.e. many were called
but few chosen, and that's because the many were indifferent; which is not the
appropriate response.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,216 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 91,344,704 new arrivals have
_

I'd imagine the hardest part about Heaven is not getting there, but staying there.

Some years ago it occurred to me that it's very easy for me to live in this world, but
Heaven would require a level of piety and self control that I was pretty sure I
couldn't keep up forever. Sooner or later I'd mess up and get thrown out. But if it
were just as easy for me to live in Heaven as it is for me to live in this world, then
for sure I'd never get thrown out of Heaven.

In other words: if only thinking, feeling, and acting like God came just as natural to
me as thinking, feeling, and acting like a human; then that would be the cat's
meow.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,221 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 91,720,299 new arrivals have
_

FAQ: What is meant by soul?

REPLY: Soul began appearing in the Bible in the book of Genesis by the Hebrew
word nephesh (neh'-fesh) which isn't unique to human life. Its first appearance is at
Gen 1:20-21 in reference to aqua creatures and winged creatures; again at Gen
1:24 as terra creatures; viz: cattle, creepy crawlies, and wild beasts; and again in
Gen 2:7 as the human creature; and yet again at Gen 9:10 to classify every living
thing aboard Noah's ark.

* God is said to have a soul. (Lev 26:11, Lev 26:30, Judg 10:16, Isa 42:1, Jer
32:41, and Zech 11:8)

Soul is somewhat ambiguous but basically refers to consciousness, self awareness,
and individuality. It's sometimes a reference to one's heart, e.g. Gen 34:3, and to
the core of one's being, e.g. Gen 27:4.

All in all, soul is just another way of referring to that part of sentient life that we
call "self" which can be roughly defined as the element of our existence that makes
us unique.

Jesus' followers can expect to retain their souls when they pass on, but things are
not looking good for the lost. According to Matt 10:28, people's souls survive
normal death, but do not survive Hell fire.

NOTE: Apparently the rich man of Luke 16:19-31 wasn't in that particular Hell fire
yet when he spoke with Abraham because he's depicted as completely sentient.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,227 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 92,171,013 new arrivals have
_

Jesus' followers can expect to retain their souls when they pass on, but things are
not looking good for the lost. According to Matt 10:28, people's souls survive
normal death, but do not survive Hell fire.
You may choose to believe things that are not true, but when you post them publicly with a possible intent to teach, they should be pointed out so others do not follow you into error. No, Jesus' followers do not retain their souls when they "pass on." When a person dies, the person is dead. All of them, including their consciousness, self awareness, and individuality (Ecc 9:5-10). Matthew 10:28 does not teach that peoples' souls survive death. Dead people will be resurrected, believers to immortality, and the unsaved will be judged and die the second death, which will be permanent. If the coming resurrections do not happen, those who have died are perished. Gone forever.

Deut 34:5-6 . . Moses the servant of The Lord died there in the land of Moab,
according to the word of The Lord. And He buried him in the valley in the land of
Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

A very curious scene unfolded during Moses' burial. The Devil argued with Michael
the archangel about Moses' body. (Jude 9)

It's been suggested that the Devil objected to secrecy. In other words; it's possible
that he wanted Moses' body enshrined in a sort of Church of the Holy Sepulcher
where the Jews could be lured into idolatry by adoring Moses' remains as a sacred
relic. That's actually a very plausible suggestion. For example: there's a statue of
the apostle Peter in Rome whose big toe has been eroded over the years by the lips
of pilgrims kissing it. (cf. 2Kings 18:4)

Anyway; if the Devil would interfere with the burial of a holy man like Moses, then I
think we can safely assume he (or one of his minions) probably interferes with the
burials of ordinary folk too; and I should think the smartest way for him to interfere
is to ensure the minister comes out with nothing useful in his eulogy; but instead
with the usual mushy rhetoric by which nobody hearing it can be moved to consider
their afterlife prospects. (Just goes to show that the Devil is not above walking over
the bones of the dead to get what he wants.)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 1,232 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 92,546,608 new arrivals have
_

Back