Hell's Daily Body Count

According to a report released on March 25, 2014 by the World Health
Organization; air pollution kills, on average, seven million people per annum; and is
linked to one in eight deaths (12.5%) world-wide.

According to a report by the public health agency of the United Nations; an
estimated 4.3 million people in developing countries died in 2012 as a result of
indoor air pollution, mostly from cooking inside with coal or wood stoves.

Air pollution is so lethal because it exacerbates other conditions like cardio vascular
diseases, cancer, and respiratory illnesses. Were people with those conditions
permitted to breathe clean air free of hazardous chemicals and toxic particulates,
they would live longer; thus the arrival times of many tagged for the infernal
regions would be delayed so they could enjoy life a bit longer before beginning an
eternity of perpetual anguish.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 146 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 10,967,374 new arrivals have
checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Feb 04, 2021.
_

The wrath of God is interesting. For example:

Isa 13:9 . . Behold, the day of Christ comes-- cruel; with both wrath and fierce
anger

The Hebrew word for "wrath" in that statement is 'ebrah (eb-raw') which indicates
an outburst of passion. In other words: the wrath of God won't be weeping big wet
crocodile tears while it's slamming the dead at the Great White Throne event
depicted at Rev 20:11-15; no, they will be terminated with extreme prejudice; viz:
their judgment will be administered with choler. (cf. Isa 63:1-6, Rev 19:15)

Webster's defines "fierce" as a behavior exhibited by humans and animals that
inspires terror because of the wild and menacing aspect of fury in attack. Ferocity is
an aspect commonly seen among roaring, snarling lions savagely attacking prey.
There's neither sportsmanship nor sympathy in ferocity; only sheer terror, brutality,
and blood lust.

"cruel" is defined as: disposed to inflict pain or suffering; viz: devoid of humane
feelings

Heb 10:27 . . A certain fearful expectation of . . . fiery indignation

"fiery indignation" is quite a bit more severe than ordinary indignation. It speaks of
someone who is seriously ticked off; and so angry that they're actually red in the
face.

There are people out there in pews all around the world who have been so coddled
by sappy versions of Christianity that they have no concept of the magnitude of the
lethal tsunami of rage and violence coming their way to get them.

Another interesting aspect of the wrath of God is the person appointed to
administer it-- none other than the sweet little baby away in a manger.

John 5:22-23 . .The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the
Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

Acts 17:31 . . For God has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by
the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from
the dead.

Rev 19:15 . . He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treads the winepress
of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 149 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 11,192,731 new arrivals have
_

2Thes 2:11-12 . . God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe
the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had
pleasure in unrighteousness.

In other words: there's coming a time when God's patience will reach its reasonable
limits, and He will purposely, willfully, and deliberately make sure that a certain
category of people have no chance whatsoever to be spared the wrath of God.

Back when Noah was preparing the ark, no doubt his neighbors all mocked and
poked fun at him like one of those deranged souls that go around with a sandwich
board that reads: Repent; The End Is Near! But when the rain started, I bet those
very same neighbors panicked and tried to get Noah to open up and let them in.
But even had Noah wanted to; he couldn't. The hatch of the ark was sealed from
the outside: and God was the only one on earth who could open it-- He chose not
to.

Rev 1:18 . . I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive
forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Rev 3:7 . .These are the words of him who is holy and true: who holds the key of
David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 152 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 11,418,088 new arrivals have
_

Acts 2:31a . . his soul was not left in Hades

Classical Hades is divided into sections where the souls of the dead are assigned in
accordance with the quality of their pre-death existence. The worst section is a
deep abyss called Tartarus; which is utilized in the New Testament at 2Pet 2:4.

According to Luke 23:13, Jesus' soul waited for his body's recovery in the better
section of Hades.

Acts 2:31 . . neither his flesh did see corruption.

Jesus' corpse was packed in spices but to my knowledge, not embalmed. Had it
been allowed to remain deceased longer than three days, it's likely that putrefaction
would've set in. (John 11:39.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 155 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 11,643,445 new arrivals have
_

A forgiven sinner is still sinful, and they'll go right on sinning same as before they
were forgiven unless they undergo a radical re-design because human nature is
intrinsically bad.

Gen 6:5 . .Yhvh saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and
that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Gen 8:21 . . Man's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood.

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may
you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.

Eph 2:3 . .We were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

John 3:7 . . You should not be surprised at my saying: you must be born
again.

Well; in light of the passages above, it's certainly no surprise to me that people
need to be regenerated; and I'm not talking about reincarnation; no, I'm talking
about an upgrade to the very core of their being so that they would, by nature, be
the children of heaven rather than the children of hell.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 158 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 11,868,802 new arrivals have
_

Probably the first thing that most of us think of when we hear the word "hell" is
unending torture. But the reservoir of burning sulfur depicted at Rev 20:10-15 is
actually not only a rack but also a gallows. The reservoir is primarily an instrument
for carrying out death sentences rather than life sentences.

A death sentence-- although a sentence with lasting effects --isn't perpetual; it's
momentary. In other words: criminals are subjected to execution only long enough
to end their lives. The primary reason we call the second death "eternal" is because
it's permanent; viz: according to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29 there's only one
resurrection allotted per person. Therefore nobody is coming back from the second
death because they will have used up their one resurrection in order to face justice
at the Great White Throne event.

NOTE: People walk away alive from the fire spoken of at 1Cor 3:5-15. Nobody
walks away alive from the fire spoken of at Rev 20:10-15.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 161 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 12,194,159 new arrivals have
_

In 2020, over 16 million people responded to the truth and love of Jesus!

Regardless of the number of people responding to the truth and love of Jesus in any
given year, they will always be a minority as Jesus testified that many are called,
but few are chosen; and also that most will choose the wide road that leads to
destruction.

For example: computing with the numbers from post No.1, the approximate
count of doomed people in 2020 would've been 27,418,435.
_

Last edited:
Rev 20:14 . . Death was cast into the lake of fire.

Death isn't tangible. It's not an object; it isn't material, i.e. death per se has no
weight, has no dimensions, and takes up no space. I can understand throwing a
baseball or a javelin; but how does one throw something like death?

Is it like throwing good money after bad, throwing your weight around, or throwing
someone to the wolves? I can understand those kinds of throwing; I get it; but Rev
20:14 remains a bit of a mystery because the lake of fire does not appear abstract;
it appears tangible whereas death is not. How does one connect something tangible
with something intangible?

What if Rev 20:14 were to say poverty was cast into the lake of fire, or injustice, or
male pattern baldness, or tooth decay, or misandry, or somebody's name? How
would one go about throwing things like those into the lake?

The first mention of death in the Bible is related to the tree of the knowledge of
good and evil. Did Adam pass away the very day that he tasted the fruit? No, he
continued to live for quite a few years. However, he lost immortality. In other
words; the day Adam tasted the fruit he began to age, and it was only a matter of
time till the wasting process finally broke him down to the point where his body
could no longer keep going.

1Cor 15:53-55 speaks of a victory over the wasting process. So I think we may
safely conclude that the death spoken of in Rev 20:14 has at least something to do
with mortality. But how does one throw mortality? Is it sort of like throwing babies
out with the bath water, or throwing a hissy fit?

1Cor 15:25-27 . . For he must reign until God has put all His enemies under his
feet. The last enemy that will be conquered is death. For God has put all things in
subjection under his feet.

Some translations say that death will be either abolished or destroyed. But in
context, it's not supposed to be wiped out to extinction. Death is supposed to be
deposed and vanquished; and become Christ's slave just like everything and
everybody else.

Rev 1:17-19 . . I am the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for
evermore, and I have the keys of Death and of Hades.

The casting of death into the lake of fire suggests to me its involuntary exile, i.e. its
banishment because in the future cosmos and the new Jerusalem depicted in the
21st chapter of Revelation, no one will have death to fear ever again and the only
place we'll be able to find anything at all related to death, and or categorized as
death, will be confined, stored, warehoused, restrained, incarcerated, and/or
archived in that fiery impound.

Rev 21:3-4 . . I heard a great voice out of heaven saying: Behold, the tabernacle
of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and
God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears
from their eyes; and there shall be no more death.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 164 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 12,319,516 new arrivals have
_

Human existence on earth is a composite of body, soul, and spirit. (Gen 2:7, 1Thes
5:23, Heb 4:12)

The body and the soul are readily destroyed by means of hell fire (Matt 10:28) but
I have yet to come across a passage in the Bible teaching that the spirit is
destroyed by that means; or by any means for that matter.

In what condition people will exist in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:11
15 minus a human body and a human soul I don't know. It might be that the
human spirit is transferable. What if God is able to move people's spirit around at
will and attach it to a body and soul other than a human body and soul; say, the
body and soul of a demonic being? The very thought of such a possibility is
disturbing.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 167 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 12,544,873 new arrivals have
_

COMMON ATTITUDE: I'm special; God understands me. Although He probably may
not let others off; I'm sure God will make an exception for me because I'm not like
other people; I'm different.

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, the Bible's God can't do that. If He were to make
exceptions, God would be neither equitable, nor honest-- and worse, it would go
against His grain, compromise His integrity, sin against His conscience; and cause
Him to lose the world's respect.

No, God doesn't grade on a curve: everyone is treated equally in God's courtroom.
In a system of divine absolutes; there is neither a curve nor an exception: nobody
gets any favors, nobody is special, and nobody is a protected species.

Deut 10:17 . . Jehovah shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Acts 10:34 . .Then Peter began to speak: I now realize how true it is that God is
impartial.

Rom 2:5-11 . . For there is coming a day of judgment when God, the just judge of
all the world, will judge all people according to what they have done. He will give
eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and
honor and immortality that God offers.

. . . But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who
refuse to obey the truth; and practice evil deeds. There will be anguish and
calamity for everyone who practices evil-- for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.
But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all practice good --for the
Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 170 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 12,770,230 new arrivals have
_

The rich man spoken of in Luke 16:19-31 addressed Abraham as "father" and he in
turn addressed the man as "son" which suggests to me that the man is a Jew, and
as such would be related to Abraham as grandfather/grandson via Isaac and Jacob.

I have two grandsons. I'm not sure how well i will cope should either of them end
up in the wrong place.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 173 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 12,995,587 new arrivals have
_

FAQ: Doesn't the Bible say that God's mercy endures forever as per Ps 100:5, Ps
106:1, Ps 107:1, and Ps 118:1, et al?

A: God's mercy is always available; but His good sense knows when to say when
with some folk.

Examples of that are the people swept away by the hand of God in the Flood, and
those burned to death by the hand of God in Sodom and Gomorrah; and the
firstborn of man and beast slain by the hand of God on Passover night in Egypt.

It's possible to push God too far. For example:

Hos 4:17 . . Ephraim is joined to idols; let him alone.

In other words: God instructed the prophet Hosea not to bother preaching in
Ephraim. They were too far gone.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 176 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 13,220,944 new arrivals have
_

The law of God says: Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, burning for burning, and life for
life.

Where does that leave people like Ted Kaczynski who killed and/or maimed 26
people with homemade bombs; and leave mass murderers like Stephen Paddock
who indiscriminately sprayed a music concert in Las Vegas with a rifle equipped
with a bump stock resulting in 471 dead and/or wounded? How are those guys
supposed to balance the scales of justice for all those people?

Well; the fact of the matter is: they can't balance the scales; which is no doubt at
least one of the reasons why Hell and the lake of fire are so permanent. And even if
they weren't permanent, they'd at least have to be very long-running in order to
satisfy justice for some folk's sins.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 179 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 13,446,301 new arrivals have
_

Jonah 4:9-11 . . God said to Jonah: Do you have a right to be angry about the
vine? I do; he said. I am angry enough to die. But the Lord said: You have been
concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up
overnight and died overnight. But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty
thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as
well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?

Had not the adults of Nineveh changed their ways from Jonah's preaching, 120,000
small children would have died through no fault of their own. They would have been
collateral damage due to their parents' decadence.

NOTE: Though the city was spared in Jonah's day, a hundred years later in Nahum's
day it was destroyed by means of war and conquest; whereby a whole new
generation of pre-schoolers died before their time.

Just exactly how God is able to engineer such things is a bit of a mystery; but does
make one wonder where else this terrifying work of His goes on. Did God somehow
have a hand in the American civil war, and the first and second world wars, and the
Holocaust, and in Korea and Vietnam, and in the so-called Arab Spring, and in the
pandemics, the ethnic cleansings, ISIS, the housing bubble, and the genocides of
the last century, and in natural events like mighty earthquakes, tsunamis, and
super storms? I really have to wonder sometimes because Jonah's God is still out
there somewhere; and so-called acts of God are still taking young lives.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 182 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 13,671,658 new arrivals have
_

Rom 6:23 . .The wages of sin is death

Serial sinners are in very grave danger of permanent residence in Hell because they
have only two lives to forfeit for their sins-- the life they have now, and the one
they'll have later at their resurrection; but unfortunately, one of their lives is ear
marked for Adam's sin so they can't use that one to atone for any of their own sins.

And when they're resurrected to stand trial at the Great White Throne event
depicted at Rev 20:11-15; that'll be their last life because according to Dan 12:2
and John 5:28-29 there's only one resurrection allotted per person.

For that reason, the dungeons of Hell can be compared to a debtor's prison from
which no serial sinners will eventually leave because the Bible's ratio is one life per
one sin, viz: serial sinners will never have sufficient lives of their own with which to
atone for their first lifetime's accumulation of sins.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 185 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 13,897,015 new arrivals have
_

People tend to neglect thinking about the hereafter. Thus they become like a frog
boiled to death by starting it out in cold water.

Mark 4:3-19 . . Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: and some fell among
thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. These are they
such as hear the word, and the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and
the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

Well, hello there
My, it's been a long, long time
How am I doing?
Oh, I guess that I'm doing fine

It's been so long now
But it seems now that it was only yesterday
Gee, ain't it funny
How time slips away?

-- Billy Walker, 1961 --

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 188 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 14,122,342 new arrivals have
_

According to Matt 7:21-23, not everyone believing in Jesus will make it to safety.

I would not want to be one of them because they will surely be mocked cruelly and
without mercy by some of Hell's unruly crowd. I can just hear their taunts:

Hey Christian! How's about sharing the gospel with us ay? Tell us about the love of
God and how that's working for ya. Awwwww-Haw-Haw-Haw-Hawwwwwwwww!

I'd rather end up in Hell as a Bernie Madoff than somebody believing in Jesus
because ol' ponzi schemer Bernie is sure to be given far more respect down there
than a bible-thumping Christian.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 191 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 14,347,729 new arrivals have
_

Ps 115:17 . . The dead do not praise The Lord, nor do any who go down into
silence

The author of that Psalm is currently unknown. It could've been David, but then
again it could've been one of the Levitical priests. Anyway, that verse speaks of
everyone's afterlife journey, but it only speaks of one half: the body's half.

Here's a portion of a country western song performed by Johnny Cash, Willie
Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson that tells it all.

I was a dam builder.
Across the river deep and wide.
Where steel and water did collide.
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado,
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below.
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound,
But I am still around;
I'll always be around.

Whether the Highwaymen were thinking of the afterlife with that song, I don't
know; but it's handy to remind us that the interment of people's useless corpse isn't
the end of their existence, i.e. they're still around: somewhere.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 194 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 14,573,086 new arrivals have
_

FAQ: Isn't Judaism equally as useful as Christianity for sinners seeking God's
forgiveness? Isn't that the whole purpose of Yom Kippur, a.k.a. the Day of
Atonement?

A: Pinning one's hopes on the Day Of Atonement is futile. For one thing: there's no
one to perform the ritual seeing as how there is neither a Temple nor a fully
functioning Levitical priesthood on duty in Jerusalem at this time. In point of fact,
neither of those two essential elements of the Day of Atonement have been in
Jerusalem since 70 AD. But that's not the worst of it.

There is a special goat involved in Yom Kippur commonly called a scapegoat, which
Webster's defines as a person who is unfairly blamed for something that others
have done; in other words: a fall guy. But that does not quite accurately define
Yom Kippur's special goat. It's actually an escaping goat; viz: a fugitive; here's
why.

It's a biblical axiom that the soul that sins, it shall die, i.e. the wages of sin is death
(Ezek 18:20, Rom 6:23). Well; the special goat is allowed to live rather than
executed, so justice for the worshippers' sins remain pending; hanging over their
heads like a sword of Damocles.

NOTE: Leaving a goat out in a wilderness place to fend for itself isn't a death
sentence. No; far from it. Goats are survivors. They can get by in environments
that quite a few other species would find quite disagreeable. And though the Jews
were in a wilderness place during their wanderings, there was vegetation enough to
nourish the herds. (Ex 34:3)

Yom Kippur's purpose then, isn't to exonerate the people; rather, to remind the
people that although Yom Kippur's ritual sanitizes them sufficiently for worship
purposes per Lev 16:30, their sins are still on the books, yet to be brought to
justice; which is doubtless the reason that Lev 16:29-31, Lev 16:31, Lev 23:27,
and Lev 23:32 does not allow them to be cheerful and/or feel good about
themselves on that day. It's actually a day to despise one's self, i.e. regard one's
self as loathsome and despicable.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 197 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 14,798,443 new arrivals have
_

I know of the Protestant pastor who was asked by Audie Murphy's widow Pamela to
speak at her husband's funeral. Audie Murphy, as you may already know, was a
32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason and a Shriner; but he wasn't a Christian.

In amazement, the pastor asked Mrs. Murphy why she chose a Christian to speak at
her husband's funeral.

Although Audie himself wasn't a Christian, Pamela was; and she explained that the
Hollywood crowd would be there the day of his funeral, and having hob-nobbed
with them during her husband's acting career, she was fully aware that many of
them were rarely confronted with something serious about the afterlife.

Well; they got both barrels that day, and were very annoyed because they were
expecting the usual sappy, feel-good rhetoric to which pampered celebrities are
accustomed.

Some may feel that Hell isn't an appropriate topic at a funeral. But I think that,
other than Xmas and Easter, you couldn't pick a better time to bring it up.

Ecc 7:2 . . It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of
gaiety, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this seriously.

According to the Bible; not many great people are called (1Cor 1:26). If that's true,
then we have to expect that the majority of the world's best and brightest
achievers-- the really big names in sports, science, medicine, law, government,
technology, business, industry, religion, entertainment, and education, etc --don't,
and won't, make it to safety when they pass on.

As I watched some of the splendor and pomp of President Gerald Ford's funeral
back in January of 2007, I couldn't help but wonder if he was in a position to really
appreciate it; as I suspect people in Hell would certainly no longer really care
anymore whether they were given an unknown pauper's disposal in a City
incinerator, or reverently placed in a grand tomb in the National Cemetery with
world-wide television coverage.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 200 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 15,023,800 new arrivals have
_

Back