Hell's Daily Body Count

Babies in hell?
Yes, if that is God's choice. We don't get a vote.

Psalm 139 is one of my favorite scriptures. But once again, you prefer the "what does this mean to me" instead of proper exegesis.

Go back and read it again. If what you say is true, then everyone would be in the book of life, which is not true. You also need a proper course in eschatology. Your views are discordant.

I never said he didn't. Unless one is chosen before the foundation of earth, they are headed for hell. That is what the Bible says. You might not like it, but that's no concern of mine. There is no verse in the entire bible that says babies cannot go to hell.

Yes, God is just and merciful. I trust that he will do whatever is appropriate.

People use this to try to elicit emotion instead of exegesis. I'm not going to make any statement that I cannot support with scripture. You shouldn't either.
God said he actually knew Jeremiah before he was conceived. Do you believe that too?

I'm a teacher. Ever see sibling rivalry? That's sin. Ever play a game with a one year old child who throws his toys out of the playpen and does it over and over again? Teachers call that baby controlling adults. That's sin. We are born with original sin and the bible teaches it.

An aborted baby has not demonstrated any observable sin, but only God knows if they were elect. We don't.
Babies in a playpen break the OT Law? Which ones?

Do you remember when you
Yes, if that is God's choice. We don't get a vote.

Psalm 139 is one of my favorite scriptures. But once again, you prefer the "what does this mean to me" instead of proper exegesis.

Go back and read it again. If what you say is true, then everyone would be in the book of life, which is not true. You also need a proper course in eschatology. Your views are discordant.
Do you remember when you committed your first sin?

Were you under 2, years old?

The way I figure it: seeing as how God is an intelligent, mature adult (so to speak)
who's never petty, nor capricious, nor biased, nor fickle, nor impulsive, nor
unreasonable, and takes no kind of sick pleasure in causing people harm; then God
must be just as stuck with Hell and can't make it go away with any more ease than
we can.

For reasons I have yet to even guess, Hell is unavoidable even for God because it's
the right thing to do; i.e. it has to be utilized for punishment in order to satisfy a
level of justice that our limited little minds may never be able to fully grasp.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 254 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,050,226 new arrivals have
checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Feb 04, 2021.
_

The way I figure it: seeing as how God is an intelligent, mature adult (so to speak)
who's never petty, nor capricious, nor biased, nor fickle, nor impulsive, nor
unreasonable, and takes no kind of sick pleasure in causing people harm; then God
must be just as stuck with Hell and can't make it go away with any more ease than
we can.

For reasons I have yet to even guess, Hell is unavoidable even for God because it's
the right thing to do; i.e. it has to be utilized for punishment in order to satisfy a
level of justice that our limited little minds may never be able to fully grasp.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 254 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,050,226 new arrivals have
_
You better let God be Lord over His creation and rules.

You have no say in the matter.

You can't criticize hell, nor put Hitler in heaven, nor make hell go away.

Obey Acts 2:38 if you want eternal life insurance.

1John 4:10 . . .This is love: God loved us when we didn't love Him, and sent His
son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

There's two distinctly separate Greek words for love in that verse. The first is an
abstract noun covering every aspect of love: affectionate and non affectionate

The second is a verb that speaks of benevolence sans any particular affection
and/or fondness. This is the manner of love we're required to extend to everyone
regardless of whether we like them or not.

In a nutshell, the love that God expressed in sending His son to die for sinners was
an act of gratuitous kindness, care, pity, and sympathy which should not be
mistaken to indicate that He particularly likes any of us. In point of fact, God most
likely detests a pretty good number of people; yet He's concerned for their safety
anyway because God is a neighborly sort of person who prefers civility over bad
manners.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 257 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,305,583 new arrivals have
_

Last edited:
POSIT: It is God's desire that everyone be saved. (1Tim 2:4)

RESPONSE: It was likely God's desire that no one perish in the Flood, but many did
anyway.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 260 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,530,940 new arrivals have
_

In several incidents, Jesus is recorded speaking of the afterlife by means of the
Greek word háidēs (a.k.a. Hades) which was doubtless borrowed from Hellenistic
influences prevalent in that day.

Hades was believed to be a conscious afterlife where everybody went when they
died regardless of age, race, gender, or religious preference; which of course
implies that not only was the rich man of Luke 16:19-31 in Hades but so were
Abraham and Lazarus; even Jesus did some time there. (Matt 12:40 & Acts 2:25-31)

Hades is sometimes thought to speak of people's graves, but the correct Greek
word for grave in the New Testament isn't Hades, it's actually mnemeion (mnay-mi'
on), for example:

Matt 27:52-53 . . And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints
which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into
the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Matt 27:59-60 . . And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean
linen cloth, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and
he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

John 11:18 . . Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four
days already.

John 11:38 . . Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It
was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

John 12:17 . . The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out
of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record.

Those are only a smattering of examples from the New Testament where grave is
properly translated from mnemeion. Bible committees that render Hades as grave
do so arbitrarily, i.e. by interpretation rather than by translation. Caveat Lector.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 263 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,756,297 new arrivals have
_

Zech 1:5 . .Where are your forefathers now? And the prophets, do they live
forever?

My own father is gone, and the great preacher Billy Graham; he's gone too. My
favorite rock and roll guitar player during the years I was a teen-ager was Chuck
Berry. He's gone. When I was a sophomore in high school, me and a buddy went to
see "The Blob" starring a rather unknown actor at the time named Steve McQueen.
He's gone. My eldest brother entered the Catholic priesthood and anon became a
Friar. He's gone.

There's hardly a day goes by without someone passing away that at one time was
very important to me; a constant reminder that nobody lives forever and neither
will I. At my current age of 77, I'll be passing away not too long from now. Most of
my life has already been lived and I'm in the home stretch. When I was a
youngster, the horizon seemed forever far away; but now, looking at my wasting
body, it seems I'm walking on the horizon's edge.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 266 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,981,654 new arrivals have
_

Zech 1:5 . .Where are your forefathers now? And the prophets, do they live
forever?

My own father is gone, and the great preacher Billy Graham; he's gone too. My
favorite rock and roll guitar player during the years I was a teen-ager was Chuck
Berry. He's gone. When I was a sophomore in high school, me and a buddy went to
see "The Blob" starring a rather unknown actor at the time named Steve McQueen.
He's gone. My eldest brother entered the Catholic priesthood and anon became a
Friar. He's gone.

There's hardly a day goes by without someone passing away that at one time was
very important to me; a constant reminder that nobody lives forever and neither
will I. At my current age of 77, I'll be passing away not too long from now. Most of
my life has already been lived and I'm in the home stretch. When I was a
youngster, the horizon seemed forever far away; but now, looking at my wasting
body, it seems I'm walking on the horizon's edge.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 266 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 19,981,654 new arrivals have
_
Obey Acts 2:38 and you will not be depressed about the afterlife.

I would like it very much if my friends, associates, and loved ones down in Hades
were allowed visitor days in the afterlife because after they're transferred to the
lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:11-15, I may never get to be with them ever again.

Christians are sometimes asked how they can possibly be happy in Heaven while
aware that their loved ones are imprisoned in an eternity of suffering. Well; Rev
21:4 predicts there will neither sorrow nor tears in the future cosmos, apparently
made possible by starting over from scratch and leaving all else behind, including
memories of the past.

Rev 21:5 . . He who was seated on the throne said: I am making everything new!
Then he said: Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 269 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 20,207,011 new arrivals have
_

Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

That verse says that "every one" of them were judged. Well; I don't know precisely
how many every one will eventually entail, but let's say that it's the number of new
arrivals in today's update.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 272 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 20,432,368 new arrivals have

If each of those 20,432,368 judgments were to take an hour to complete, we'd be
looking at 851,348.7 calendar days, i.e. 2,332 solar years; that's if the judging
goes around the clock 24/7/365.

Just think of that. In only 272 days, enough cases have accumulated on our
hypothetical docket to keep the great white throne busy a minimum of twenty
three and one-third centuries. Of course that's only for starters because the update
doesn't take into account the number of lost souls prior to Feb 04, 2021 and going
all the way back to Adam.

I once commented to a Christian friend about how long it might take for God to
judge the whole world. Well-- my friend responded --He has plenty of time.
_

Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

There's a few points related to that scene worth special mention.

1» According to Jude 1:14-15 the dead will be given a fair trial.

2» According to Matt 12:36, every word that the dead have spoken will used as
evidence both against them and/or for them; not just their serious words, but also
their careless words.

3» The scene doesn't depict one future out of a variety of possible futures; no, it
depicts the actual future.

A Danger Foreseen
Is Half Avoided.

Cheyenne Proverb

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 275 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 20,657,725 new arrivals have
_

1Kings 22:18-23 . . I saw Jehovah sitting on His throne, and all the host of
heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. And Jehovah said: Who will
entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said this while another
said that.

. . .Then a spirit came forward and stood before Jehovah and said: I will entice him.

. . . And Jehovah said to him: How?

. . . And he said; I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his
prophets.

. . .Then He said: You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.

. . . Now therefore, behold, Jehovah has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all
these your prophets; and Jehovah has proclaimed disaster against you.

That scene depicts a very strange alliance. God actually recruited someone from the
demon world to do some dirty work for Him: a black op, so to speak. That suggests
to me that the demon world is neither totally useless nor totally in Satan's control;
some are actually assets, which can be defined as something useful in an effort to
foil or defeat an enemy: such as a piece of military equipment, a spy, or an
assassin.

It's likely that God still manages some of His affairs like that even today when He
wants certain individuals destroyed without getting His hands dirty. For example
from post No.1 it's seen that some folks are on a road to Hell while others are on a
road to something better, i.e. the few and the many. I really have to wonder if
maybe some of those many on the road to Hell weren't talked into going that way
by spirits recruited by God to do it for Him. Now that's scary. Can you just imagine
the horror of being targeted like that and not aware of it! (cf. 2Thess 2:8-12)

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 278 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 20,883,082 new arrivals have
_

Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot released a sentimental song back in 1975
that speaks volumes about sympathy. Its lyrics are very touching. Here's a few that
I feel especially appropriate when talking about things like sickness, death, and the
hereafter.

Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call.
Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all.
Rainy day lovers don't lie when they tell 'ya they've been down like you.
Rainy day people don't mind if you're cryin' a tear or two.

I sometimes wonder how much sympathy one can expect in the fiery netherworld. I
mean; sure they'll understand how we might feel about the unfortunate
circumstances in life that led us down there, but once you're there, everyone's
pretty much in the same boat and they're all longing for sympathy too.

In point of fact, I'd not be surprised if the competition for sympathy down there is
on the level of dog eat dog; and likely a fair number of sympathy hoarders
demanding total market share of it. I can just hear their feigned indignity; like this:

"Oh, stop whining already! Don't be such a baby. I deserve more sympathy than
you. I've been down here for two millennia and you've only been down here for a
decade. What've you got to cry about? You should be grateful that your time down
here will end up shorter than mine."

I'd imagine that after a few years in that place the only sympathy that people can
feel after a while is sympathy for themselves.

BODY COUNT UPDATE: 281 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures
in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 21,108,139 new arrivals have
_

Back