Here's the appeal.

Michael R2

For those who prefer primary sources, this is the appeal filed in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals concerning the recent Pennsylvania ruling.
It seems they are a bit more willing to raise the issue of fraud. This should be fun.

Microsoft Word - trump MD PA motion for expedited briefing 11-22-20 bsm Edits 1145 pm (osu.edu)

Microsoft Word - Omnibus Opp to MTD FAC 2020-11-18 v bsm v 450 pm (osu.edu)
Sorry, for some reason the complaint wasn't included in my OP. It's been added.

Michael R2

A lovely tidbit.
"Seeking to turn those state-law claims into federal ones, the Campaign claims discrimination. But its alchemy cannot transmute lead into gold. The Campaign never alleges that any ballot was fraudulent or cast by an illegal voter. It never alleges that any defendant treated the Trump campaign or its votes worse than it treated the Biden campaign or its votes. Calling something discrimination does not make it so. The Second Amended Complaint still suffers from these core defects, so granting leave to amend would have been futile."

Electric Skeptic

A lovely tidbit.
"Seeking to turn those state-law claims into federal ones, the Campaign claims discrimination. But its alchemy cannot transmute lead into gold. The Campaign never alleges that any ballot was fraudulent or cast by an illegal voter. It never alleges that any defendant treated the Trump campaign or its votes worse than it treated the Biden campaign or its votes. Calling something discrimination does not make it so. The Second Amended Complaint still suffers from these core defects, so granting leave to amend would have been futile."
No doubt the Trumpites will say that this is all according to plan, as the case wends its way to the SCOTUS. If it makes it that far and if they decided to hear it and if they actually find for it...watch the sparks fly as the democrats will not let Trump steal the election.

Michael R2

No doubt the Trumpites will say that this is all according to plan, as the case wends its way to the SCOTUS. If it makes it that far and if they decided to hear it and if they actually find for it...watch the sparks fly as the democrats will not let Trump steal the election.
Judge Bibas, who wrote the opinion, is a Trump appointee. All three members are Republican appointees. What many Trump supporters fail to understand is that, regardless of political affiliation, almost no judge will ignore the rules of evidence or the rules of standing. The appeals court has basically said that the issues properly belong with the state courts which are best suited to rule on their various election laws. I seriously doubt that the SCOTUS will see it differently even with a conservative majority. The justices are too well versed in the law to ignore it.

Electric Skeptic

Judge Bibas, who wrote the opinion, is a Trump appointee. All three members are Republican appointees. What many Trump supporters fail to understand is that, regardless of political affiliation, almost no judge will ignore the rules of evidence or the rules of standing. The appeals court has basically said that the issues properly belong with the state courts which are best suited to rule on their various election laws. I seriously doubt that the SCOTUS will see it differently even with a conservative majority. The justices are too well versed in the law to ignore it.
I agree, but I'm not sure that Trump (or his Trumpites) does. I think he expects his SCOTUS appointees to save his behind.

e v e

Be it biden or trump, or whoever, mystery babylon just puts in who serves their goals..... the same since the fall from eden.

Electric Skeptic

the newest supposed christian (hard to say) who betrayed God by joining their club.
Again, I'm not sure this makes sense to anybody but you.

What is "mystery babylon"? Who is this "newest supposed christian)" What club did they join to betray God?

Electric Skeptic

You are smart. I am sure you can come up with what club, who, etc.
So you post things in a thread that you know make sense only to you, and when people ask about them you refuse to even tell them what they mean?

Fair enough...I just have to wonder why a person would do that.

e v e

So you post things in a thread that you know make sense only to you, and when people ask about them you refuse to even tell them what they mean?

Have you considered that the governments and kingdoms of this world, and their elections and rules are not with God?

Did Christ vote, take political sides, get involved with legal pharisees?

Electric Skeptic

Have you considered that the governments and kingdoms of this world, and their elections and rules are not with God?

Did Christ vote, take political sides, get involved with legal pharisees?
I am an atheist, so I don't think whether or not someone/thing is "with God" is even a valid question.

Temujin

You've talked to her for ten minutes. That's reason enough.

vibise

the newest supposed christian (hard to say) who betrayed God by joining their club.
Are you saying that a Christian would never take a position on the Supreme Court?
If you don't recognize the validity of this court and the rest of govt, do you consider yourself an American, and do you vote?