Hermeneutics and Exegesis

civic

Here is a great short video ( 10 minutes) on how to understand a passage of scripture. Dr Lawson goes through some basic principles @Sethproton that we have asked you to show us in your posts. Its a good reminder for everyone as a refresher.

Sethproton

Here is a great short video ( 10 minutes) on how to understand a passage of scripture. Dr Lawson goes through some basic principles @Sethproton that we have asked you to show us in your posts. Its a good reminder for everyone as a refresher.

This was a good refresher, but since Civic suggested this, the phrase that jumped out to me was "God does not have body parts"

civic

This was a good refresher, but since Civic suggested this, the phrase that jumped out to me was "God does not have body parts"
And who was he referring to as God Sherlock ?

a- the Father
b- the Son
c- the Holy Spirit
d- the Trinity

conclusion: once again seth you have just proven my point with your comment. You really do not know the first thing about hermeneutics otherwise you would never make such a ridiculous comment knowing it’s the Father he was referring to without body parts, not the SON

civic

I have taught a class, six weeks long, where we went over all these ideas with many examples. I used people in this forum to show incorrect use of these ideas.
If and I say if the above is actually the truth then you must be what James calls a double minded man unstable in all his ways since you look into the mirror and forget what you have seen ( hermeneutics) .
Since you have yet to demonstrate the principles used in exegesis.

Sethproton

If and I say if the above is actually the truth then you must be what James calls a double minded man unstable in all his ways since you look into the mirror and forget what you have seen ( hermeneutics) .
Since you have yet to demonstrate the principles used in exegesis.
what a convulted confused post, a man unstable has no reference to teaching, but to how you live your life

Sethproton

So your Calvinist pastor, knowing you're not Calvinist, knowing your animosity towards Calvinism, let you teach a class? Why don't I believe you?
Who knows why you reject truth, it is something you should look into, I have led studies in my church for decades, some with the pastor attending. He has never questioned my ability to understand and explain the Bible

Sethproton

It has everything to do with double mindedness
It is yet another example of how you have no interest in what the primary meaning of a verse is. Did you happen to see the video on 12 principles of interpretation? Oh that's right, you posted it.

civic

Who knows why you reject truth, it is something you should look into, I have led studies in my church for decades, some with the pastor attending. He has never questioned my ability to understand and explain the Bible
No one believes you are capable of leading a Bible study seth. You have yet to prove it from the shortest verses in the Bible when asked . I cannot tell you how many times @Johnnybgood has asked you and you refused to exegete even a couple of words and cite your sources. So the only one believing the lies is you not us. You cannot pull the wool over our eyes since the proof / evidence says the opposite of your claims .

ReverendRV

So your Church must not be a part of ARBCA then?

civic

It is yet another example of how you have no interest in what the primary meaning of a verse is. Did you happen to see the video on 12 principles of interpretation? Oh that's right, you posted it.
Double minded

a- I use hermeneutics and demonstrate it when asked all the time on the forum
b- I never demonstrate hermeneutics even though I say I have.