Hermeneutics and Exegesis

civic

Yes, I tell people about the good news.
Yet you do not know what the good news is seth . You tried saying the angels proclaimed the gospel ( good news ) when in realty they proclaimed εὐαγγελίζω ( good news) which is not the gospel in Luke/ Matthew birth of Jesus accounts .

civic

I doubt you deny a single Calvinist idea. Never seen you here speak against anything Calvinists say. though you disagree with anti-Calvinist.
Your claim that you came into these forums undecided wore thin right away as it was clear who you were already agreeing with
Does he speak against Tom , Doug, praiseyeshua? No

You seem to be the only one spoken against by him. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Theo1689

Whereas Johnny came here agreeing whith every Calviinst in every post

A false claim by you.
Johnny has explicitly rejected Limited Atonement, and is not convinced of the "U" or the "I".
You simply don't like the fact that he shows charity, respect, and patience (even with you!), and chooses not to pick fights over everything he disagrees with.

My guess (and I could be wrong) is that he reads posts by us that he may disagree with, and considers them for future though or study, but doesn't seem to think they are important enough to have a big debate about.

ReverendRV

Yes, it does not come up here much, so you may have missed it. Mormons have a false jesus, and then that probably fosters a doctrinal mess downstream of that. I have never studied that much about them.
Whereas Johnny came here agreeing whith every Calvinst in every post
Can you tell what part of Calvinism he disagrees with?

Sethproton

Yet you do not know what the good news is seth . You tried saying the angels proclaimed the gospel ( good news ) when in realty they proclaimed εὐαγγελίζω ( good news) which is not the gospel in Luke/ Matthew birth of Jesus accounts .
jeepers dude. this is your standard confusion. Now the good news the angels proclaimed is not the good news. Really?

Theo1689

I have yet to see him disagree with a Calvinist here. All facts so far point to him pretending not to have decided. I could guess his motive, but I'd be guessing

<chuckle>

Every time a poster points out that they are not the insulting and false caricature that you paint them to be (such as you falsely claiming Johnny's a Calvinist), you accuse them of "pretending".

There's something REALLY wrong here when you can't take ANYONE at their word.

What would be the gain of Johnny being a Calvinist, and him denying it?
What would be the gain of Calvinists here taking Johnny at his word, instead of embracing him as "one of our own"?

I'm really at a loss to understand your thought process here.
I'm also saddened to note that you want to present everything in an oppositional "us vs. them" mentality, with (presumably) everyone allegedly out to get you.

Sethproton

<chuckle>

Every time a poster points out that they are not the insulting and false caricature that you paint them to be (such as you falsely claiming Johnny's a Calvinist), you accuse them of "pretending".

What would be the gain of Calvinists here taking Johnny at his word, instead of embracing him as "one of our own"?

I'm also saddened to note that you want to present everything in an oppositional "us vs. them" mentality, with (presumably) everyone allegedly out to get you.
Good question. what would be the purpose of a Calvinist convinced person coming into this forum and pretending to be undecided?
If someone did that, it would be obvious why. For a while it would give them them the opportunity to act as if an undecided person could not see why non-calvinists thought the way they did. They could present themselves as being convinced by Calvinists here about things they already believed. It would be a nice set up to eventually say, "I came undecided and their arguments persuaded me."

civic

<chuckle>

Yes it’s really bizarre i have yet to see anyone act like this and I’m on 3 forums . Im convinced it’s an actual stronghold over the mind .

Theo1689

Good question. what would be the purpose of a Calvinist convinced person coming into this forum and pretending to be undecided?
If someone did that, it would be obvious why. For a while it would give them them the opportunity to act as if an undecided person could not see why non-calvinists thought the way they did. They could present themselves as being convinced by Calvinists here about things they already believed. It would be a nice set up to eventually say, "I came undecided and their arguments persuaded me."

Wow... Conspiracy theories much?
I hate to burst your bubble, but there have been non-Calvinists here in the past (admittedly few, but they do exist), who came back later convinced of Calvinism. We don't have to have anyone "pretend" to be anything.

It's amazing to me that you actually seem to think that if people see others converting to Calvinism, that means it will be easier for them to convert to Calvinism as well. But that's nonsense.

Arminians become Calvinists.
Calvinists become Arminians.
Protestants become Catholics.
Catholics become Protestants.
Christians become Mormons.
Mormons become Christians.

People change from one theology to another all the time, and in BOTH directions.

I note also that your conspiracy is very "non-Calvinist", and not something any Calvinist would ever consider. We know that only the ELECT will become true Christian and be saved, no more and no less. It doesn't depend on our effort, it only depends on God ("I planted, Apollos watered, but GOD gave the increase."). And God has each of His own firmly in His hand, and will not let them go. Any who stray will find the Shepherd going after them and retrieving them, bringing them back into the fold. Further, we believe the elect includes BOTH Arminians and Calvinists, and so it's not a big deal (to us) whether an Arminian converts to Calvinism, or remains an Arminian until the day they die.

Johnnybgood

Sounds like my memory (unlike Seth's) was pretty accurate.
If believing what you believe makes you a "Calvinist", then that must mean EVERYONE in the SBC would be a Calvinist.

And people like Adrian Rogers, Ergun Caner, Paige Patterson, and others would take issue with being called "Calvinists", simply for holding the same views you do.
Agreed thank you

Johnnybgood

I doubt you deny a single Calvinist idea. Never seen you here speak against anything Calvinists say. though you disagree with anti-Calvinist.
Your claim that you came into these forums undecided wore thin right away as it was clear who you were already agreeing with
I deny irresistible grace and limited atonement for sure. I’m on the fence with TD but lean towards it. So I’m 2.5 to 3 points.

T

TomFL

Good Granny, do we now have to argue over the definition of what an Evangelical is?? No wonder you think you're Evangelical...

Let someone else argue the definition with you...
Here is a definition you might like

The term evangelical derives from the Greek word euangelion meaning "gospel" or "good news ." Technically speaking, evangelical refers to a person, church, or organization that is committed to the Christian gospel message that Jesus Christ is the savior of humanity.:):):)