Hey!

Prove with Jesus Christ, everything from John MacArthur , especially if he starts judging believers as not a real or true Christian or not saved.

Did he really say only true Christians will vote for Trump? He makes a compelling case and yet Christians can go astray just as Christians can be ignorant and vote just by family tradition & loyalty rather than by knowing about the issues or the consequences for voting Democrat still.

I voted for Trump if anyone must know, but not because of the video below. For me, it was the lesser of 2 evils.

I am only addressing His views on the scriptures and doctrines, not his political views!

I am only addressing His views on the scriptures and doctrines, not his political views!
You mean God's view, right, since you had capitalized His?

Just saying, there may be some videos and interviews where he may judge a professing believer as not a true Christian. I cannot remember which ones, but I had seen him do that & even replied to his website affiliated with him but got no response.

The point is nowhere in scripture does it teach us to judge someone as not a true Christian or not a true believer or not saved.. but we are to correct the brother caught in a trespass and if unrepented, excommunicate him from the church until he does repent. When he does repent, there is no need to go through preaching the gospel to him again or water baptized him again or laying on of hands because he is still saved. It is by departing from iniquity with His help, even former believers, is how one purge themselves of he works that deny Him to be received by Him as vessels unto honor in His House.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth......

This is why the foundation of God cannot be removed even from a former believer for they still have His seal of adoption , but that is why they are still called to depart from iniquity by going to Jesus for help to discern the lies from the truth so He helps them to depart from iniquity.

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Prove with Jesus Christ, everything from John MacArthur , especially if he starts judging believers as not a real or true Christian or not saved.

[snip]
Agree on that one, I know of at least one other case where John MacArthur taught falsehoods and claimed to be able to judge who Christians are.

Although I will say that he is mostly orthodox and a good teacher, but it also makes him a prime example why we are to trust God and His Word rather than men.

Agree on that one, I know of at least one other case where John MacArthur taught falsehoods and claimed to be able to judge who Christians are.

Although I will say that he is mostly orthodox and a good teacher, but it also makes him a prime example why we are to trust God and His Word rather than men.
Even with ourselves, I trust Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd & friend to correct me and prune me when His words opposes what I do or say so that I may bear more fruit as His disciples in the knowledge of Him and walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son away from works that deny Him in any shape or form or fashion, thus abstaining from all appearances of evil so that the light of Christ; our faith in Him shines.

Did he really say only true Christians will vote for Trump? He makes a compelling case and yet Christians can go astray just as Christians can be ignorant and vote just by family tradition & loyalty rather than by knowing about the issues or the consequences for voting Democrat still.

I voted for Trump if anyone must know, but not because of the video below. For me, it was the lesser of 2 evils.

Did you watch the rest of the video?

Keller = follow the Bible and Christ...be a member of a political party, but our membership is God's Kingdom

MacArthur = Vote for trump. It's the only thing Christians should do.

Typical MacArthur. Ignore Scripture and eisegetically "prove" your presupposition.

Did you watch the rest of the video?
Do I need to if you read my post?
Keller = follow the Bible and Christ...be a member of a political party, but our membership is God's Kingdom
Reads good, but does Keller ever judge anyone as not a true believer or not a true Christian? That was what I was talking about in proving everything MacArthur says as that would also apply to Keller.
MacArthur = Vote for trump. It's the only thing Christians should do.

Typical MacArthur. Ignore Scripture and eisegetically "prove" your presupposition.
I have a feeling you misread my post. I may have voted Trump, but it wasn't due to anything MacArthur had said. Trump was the lesser of 2 evils was why I had voted for him.

Thanks for sharing in the discussion anyway, but the call to lean on Jesus Christ to help us prove everything by everyone, even ourselves is the message for how we are to follow & abide in Him daily.

Do I need to if you read my post?
That's a lame answer.
Reads good, but does Keller ever judge anyone as not a true believer or not a true Christian? That was what I was talking about in proving everything MacArthur says as that would also apply to Keller.
Just answer it. You cannot. LOL...
I have a feeling you misread my post. I may have voted Trump, but it wasn't due to anything MacArthur had said. Trump was the lesser of 2 evils was why I had voted for him.
I couldn't care less about your feelings.
Thanks for sharing in the discussion anyway, but the call to lean on Jesus Christ to help us prove everything by everyone, even ourselves is the message for how we are to follow & abide in Him daily.
You fail at that, too. I win again.

Where are all the Reformed Baptist folk at?

#SpeakUp
They all became Confession Lutherans after leaning that sacraments are actually biblical. They just moved on because of the heterodoxy in “Baptist” the world.B50D229A-E27B-4BB1-A449-D2B01CF7358C.jpeg

“1689 Baptist” (all Baptist) it just time, to return to the historic apostolic church, that is sacramental, historic and confessional.

They all became Confession Lutherans after leaning that sacraments are actually biblical. They just moved on because of the heterodoxy in “Baptist” the world.View attachment 1345

“1689 Baptist” (all Baptist) it just time, to return to the historic apostolic church, that is sacramental, historic and confessional.
We now have, its called the reformed baptist church!

We now have, its called the reformed baptist church!
Baptist Worship (typical man centered worship).

Vs.

Confessional Lutheran ancient historic Christocentric worship

Last edited by a moderator:
different strokes for different folks. singing songs has nothing to do with ones salvation its personal preference.

Personally I cannot listen to easter vigil it sounds just like the RCC.

It's like a liquor store here. They're all ignoring each other while perusing the goods.

Kidding. Ish.

Let's kick things off here with a question (or seven). What makes a person a Reformed Baptist? How do you differ from other reformed people? Does any Baptist agree with (or even tolerate) pedobaptism? What creeds do you adhere to/acknowledge? Are you the same as a plain ol' Baptist (lame question, but I hope you know what I mean)? To what extent do you agree with Lutherans? Was John the Baptist the first of your denomination? (Sorry, the last few questions were due to the fact that I ran out of questions at four, but had to keep asking to make it seven.)

Nice to meet you, SovereignGrace. He is sovereign. He is Grace. Two critical aspects of His nature that we just flat out minimize. Great name.

OH! I'm a reformed, former non-denom-turned-Presby. I'd just say now that I'm a biblical believer. Sovereignty and grace. Not legalistic about baptism--just do it in obedience. Do it or affirm it. Not sure there's a difference. (Pretty sure here's where we'll have gracious conversations!)

Some might call me a hyper-Calvinist (I get that a lot), but I wouldn't. God is God. All that is True, Good, and Just is from Him. By definition, all He does is True, Good, and Just. We either follow and obey by grace through faith, or we don't. Either way...His sovereign election.

Okay. Let's get this party started!
I realize this is a very old thread, but I'm new here, so...

Only one point to address from the OP -- Baptists who tolerate paedobaptistm.

I was raised basically Baptist (non-denominational 'bible church'), attended a Southern Baptist college, served as an interim pastor in a SB church & was a founding member of another. Joined a Reformed baptist church while in seminary in California, but later became presbyterian & was a member of the OPC & PCA.

For reasons I won't go into (unrelated to baptism or doctrine) it became onvious I should leave the church I belonged to. The only other Reformed church in the community was baptist (1689 LBC).

I had heard some things about that church welcoming presbyterians, so I reached out to a baptist friend I knew was a member & found out several others I knew who had left the presbyterian church were members of this Baptist church.

While they consistently teach Baptist doctrine, they do not make subscription to believer's baptism a confessional requirement for membership. They do expect that paedobaptists not instigate arguments or otherwise become troublemakers. Personally, I find this refreshingly wise and winsome.

Around the time I became convinced of the presbyterian position, several Reformed baptist friends were attending the OP church I initially joined. After awhile they were told by the elders they would have six months to decide the baptism matter & if they could not subscribe to the WCF in regard to baptism they would no longer be allowed to take communion. They loved the OP church we were all at & were heartbroken. It always grated on me, but I stayed for more than 15 years. The RB church I am now at is doing the exact opposite, and I thank the Lord for the wisdom of their leaders.

Last edited:
I realize this is a very old thread, but I'm new here, so...

Only one point to address from the OP -- Baptists who tolerate paedobaptistm.

I was raised basically Baptist (non-denominational 'bible church'), attended a Southern Baptist college, served as an interim pastor in a SB church & was a founding member of another. Joined a Reformed baptist church while in seminary in California, but later became presbyterian & was a member of the OPC & PCA.

For reasons I won't go into (unrelated to baptism or doctrine) it became onvious I should leave the church I belonged to. The only other Reformed church in the community was baptist (1689 LBC).

I had heard some things about that church welcoming presbyterians, so I reached out to a baptist friend I knew was a member & found out several others I knew who had left the presbyterian church were members of this Baptist church.

While they consistently teach Baptist doctrine, they do not make subscription to believer's baptism a confessional requirement for membership. They do expect that paedobaptists not instigate arguments or otherwise become troublemakers. Personally, I find this refreshingly wise and winsome.

Around the time I became convinced of the presbyterian position, several Reformed baptist friends were attending the OP church I initially joined. After awhile they were told by the elders they would have six months to decide the baptism matter & if they could not subscribe to the WCF in regard to baptism they would no longer be allowed to take communion. They loved the OP church we were all at & were heartbroken. It always grated on me, but I stayed for more than 15 years. The RB church I am now at is doing the exact opposite, and I thank the Lord for the wisdom of their leaders.
We do not "force" infant baptized Christians to take adult baptism in order to attend or take communion, but to be members we do

You mean God's view, right, since you had capitalized His?

Just saying, there may be some videos and interviews where he may judge a professing believer as not a true Christian. I cannot remember which ones, but I had seen him do that & even replied to his website affiliated with him but got no response.

The point is nowhere in scripture does it teach us to judge someone as not a true Christian or not a true believer or not saved.. but we are to correct the brother caught in a trespass and if unrepented, excommunicate him from the church until he does repent. When he does repent, there is no need to go through preaching the gospel to him again or water baptized him again or laying on of hands because he is still saved. It is by departing from iniquity with His help, even former believers, is how one purge themselves of he works that deny Him to be received by Him as vessels unto honor in His House.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth......

This is why the foundation of God cannot be removed even from a former believer for they still have His seal of adoption , but that is why they are still called to depart from iniquity by going to Jesus for help to discern the lies from the truth so He helps them to depart from iniquity.

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Are cultists Christians?

So, his being a "great teacher of the Word" is why people quote him like Scripture? I've heard and seen many men speak so. They don't equate to the Living Word--nor should they be quoted on an equal level.

I think I understand your point, but please answer me this question. Is JM, because he teaches the Bible well, to be revered? That's my point.

Personally, I'm not much impressed with JM. "Great expounder?" I don't think so. He's a good teacher, but has many errors in his teaching.

Thanks for the great talk!
He teaches on a level so that everyone can understand what he is talking about. He brings the high hanging fruit down so that people do not need extension ladders to reach it.

His position is that the track record and path of the Democrat party flies directly in the face of God. Abortion, gay marriage, trans activism, and mutilating children who have no clue as to the basic differences between boys and girls. This list is by no means exhaustive. Did you heat about the fact that the FBI arrest a rc for protesting an abortion clinic or that they had infiltrated and spied on traditional catholics? Do actually think that they will actually stop there? Look north of the order to Canada and you will see our future. BTW, do some research on what Trump did to protect Christians in this country as well as what he did for Israel.

Part of why I stick with Baptists, locally, the Presbyterians and Methodists have gone liberal for the most part. Another, I agree that the most prominent ceremonial (dunking for baptism) is an excellent symbol for being renewed in Christ. My personal baptism was by God, but the ceremony celebrating it was some water over my head by a Presbyterian minister. A third, the Baptist preachers I met when I was younger always answered my questions by going straight to the Word and showing me what was written, while others would quote a catechism or statement of faith. I will admit that I was too young and ignorant to realize (and it was never mentioned to me) that I was supposed to look up the doctrinal point made by that reference and then take myself into the Word to prove the veracity of it.
I like this!

He is indeed a great teacher. When I lived in California, I went to church there.

This is their doctrinal statement. It's completely reformed.

Doctrinal Statement | Grace Community Church (gracechurch.org)

I am very supportive of their decision not to be bullied by L.A. County for church services.

My church here is AZ has never closed.
I love this:

The Character of Saving Faith. True faith is always accompanied by repentance from sin. Repentance is agreeing with God that you are sinful, confessing your sins to Him, and making a conscious choice to turn from sin (Luke 13:3,5; 1 Thessalonians 1:9) and pursue Christ (Matthew 11:28-30; John 17:3) and obedience to Him (1 John 2:3). It isn’t enough to believe certain facts about Christ. Even Satan and his demons believe in the true God (James 2:19), but they don’t love and obey Him. True saving faith always responds in obedience (Ephesians 2:10).

Just saying, there may be some videos and interviews where he may judge a professing believer as not a true Christian. I cannot remember which ones,

Well, that makes things problematic.
You want to make accusations, but you can't provide concrete examples that we can address.

but I had seen him do that & even replied to his website affiliated with him but got no response.

It sounds to me that you didn't address the issue Biblically.

The point is nowhere in scripture does it teach us to judge someone as not a true Christian or not a true believer or not saved..

Well, let's see...
Mormons claim themselves to be "true believers" and followers of "Christ". Are you saying I'm not allowed to judge them as not a true Christian? I would have to respectfully disagree.

A pastor (and his elders) have to protect the sanctity of the Lord's table, and be able to protect the flock by excommunicating unrepentnat sinners.

Do you think Fani Willis's pastor can't judge her as "not a true Christian", even though she has been found guilty of committing adultery, for which she refuses to even admit that she did it?

but we are to correct the brother caught in a trespass and if unrepented, excommunicate him from the church until he does repent.

1) How does one determine if someone is a "brother"?

2) So you are saying that unrepentant sinners are actually Christians?

When he does repent, there is no need to go through preaching the gospel to him again or water baptized him again or laying on of hands because he is still saved.

What do you mean, "when" he repents?
What if he never does?

You sound like you belong to a church that teaches "license to sin", that once you accept the gospel, and get baptized, then you can live a life of unrepentant sin, and still be "saved". That is not the gospel.

This is why the foundation of God cannot be removed even from a former believer for they still have His seal of adoption ,

Says who?

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

Do you think water baptism is the "seal of adoption"?

1) On what basis do you claim he "taught falsehoods"? Simply because he taught something you personally don't agree with? What "falsehood" are you speaking of?

2) Are you claiming that a pastor is not a Christian unless they proclaim perfect theology? If so, I thin that is an INCREDIBLY unreasonable position.

They all became Confession Lutherans after leaning that sacraments are actually biblical. They just moved on because of the heterodoxy in “Baptist” the world.View attachment 1345

I used to teach at a Catholic church. And to do so, I had to take a religion course. Our instructor gave us articles to write about, and the paper I received was from a Catholic historian named Joseph Martos, about baptism. And in his article, Martos (who was Catholic) taught that "infant baptism" in the 2nd or 3rd century, as a "make-work" project after they ran out of adult catechumens.

Reactions: Mik
Back