Hey!

So, his being a "great teacher of the Word" is why people quote him like Scripture? I've heard and seen many men speak so. They don't equate to the Living Word--nor should they be quoted on an equal level.

I think I understand your point, but please answer me this question. Is JM, because he teaches the Bible well, to be revered? That's my point.

Personally, I'm not much impressed with JM. "Great expounder?" I don't think so. He's a good teacher, but has many errors in his teaching.

Thanks for the great talk!

So, his being a "great teacher of the Word" is why people quote him like Scripture? I've heard and seen many men speak so. They don't equate to the Living Word--nor should they be quoted on an equal level.

I think I understand your point, but please answer me this question. Is JM, because he teaches the Bible well, to be revered? That's my point.

Personally, I'm not much impressed with JM. "Great expounder?" I don't think so. He's a good teacher, but has many errors in his teaching.

Thanks for the great talk!
He is like a calvin, Luther, Sproul, Spurgeon, as in gifted by the Lord to teach and preach, but not infallible in his theology!

Okay. Fair enough. He's unlike John, R.C, and Charles though. It's his desire to make reformed theology agree with dispensationalism that I just can't see. Christ is King, though, and I see your point.

Okay. Fair enough. He's unlike John, R.C, and Charles though. It's his desire to make reformed theology agree with dispensationalism that I just can't see. Christ is King, though, and I see your point.
Learned that there were some prominent Dispy Covenant also in addition to Dr macArthur, such as J Oliver Buswell!

“How do you differ from other reformed people?“
I'm taller and better looking like King Saul. But then Reformed Jesus freaks we got it like that.
In the whole land of Israel, there was not a finer, more handsome young man than Saul. He was a whole head taller than any other young man in the entire kingdom.

But seriously folks I'm gonna study this Thread out and make a real comment. Or three.

Last edited:
“What makes a person a Reformed Baptist?“

I would say it’s holding to the 1677/1689 LBCoF. But I’m sure there’s some disagreement in that, as I don’t believe the papacy en toto is the anti-Christ.

“How do you differ from other reformed people?“

I do not agree with paedobtism, but I don’t get bent out of shape, seeing they don’t see it as salvific as the RCC does.

“Does any Baptist agree with (or even tolerate) pedobaptism?“

I‘d say they don’t agree with it(if they did, they’d be Presbyterian ;) ) but most tolerate it. I felt like I lost a friend when Dr. R. C. Sproul passed away. :(

“What creeds do you adhere to/acknowledge?“

Three Forms of Unity
1689 Second LBCoF
Athanasian Creed
Apostle Creed
1646 WCoF(don’t agree with paedobaptism, but I won’t fall out over it)

“Are you the same as a plain ol' Baptist (lame question, but I hope you know what I mean)?“

Baptist covers a large area. There are differing views over soteriology, Christology, eschatology, I’d even say ecclesiology, &c. I’d just be considered a reformed Baptist who adheres to TULIP, lean towards Historic Premillennialism, and believe the local church members are the ones who control church(they are the ones who make decisions on how the church is governed, and the Pastor(s) lead the flock, but if he goes too far with his leadership, the church members have the authority to vote him out of his pastorate).

“To what extent do you agree with Lutherans?”

Don’t know enough about their beliefs to give an educated answer.

“Was John the Baptist the first of your denomination?”

He was also referred to as John the Baptizer, iirc. So, I’d say no.

“(Sorry, the last few questions were due to the fact that I ran out of questions at four, but had to keep asking to make it seven.)

That‘s okay. If you need further clarification, just let me know. :)
Not to worry you'll see your old friend RC in heaven. You know what his wife called him? Docie. Although RC said at times she didn't exactly pronounce it that way. Think stubborn with long ears.

I just signed up to take some more courses at Ligonier connect. I've pretty much already taken all the ones given by RC so I'm working on some of the other ones. Talk about listening to people that know what they're talking about they Have a long list of them there.

He would be a Calvinist Baptist based upon that!
Could be. Thing is, there will be plenty of Roman Catholics, Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Ariminians, Calvinists, Pentacostals, and any other well defined or fuzzy group you can think of in hell. In heaven, you will only find Christians, who may or may not have been a member of any group we name here. Getting too fixated on a denomination, other than as a shorthand for convenience, leads to Churchianity and the Bible has somewhat to say about the teachings of Scribes and Pharisees.

Part of why I stick with Baptists, locally, the Presbyterians and Methodists have gone liberal for the most part. Another, I agree that the most prominent ceremonial (dunking for baptism) is an excellent symbol for being renewed in Christ. My personal baptism was by God, but the ceremony celebrating it was some water over my head by a Presbyterian minister. A third, the Baptist preachers I met when I was younger always answered my questions by going straight to the Word and showing me what was written, while others would quote a catechism or statement of faith. I will admit that I was too young and ignorant to realize (and it was never mentioned to me) that I was supposed to look up the doctrinal point made by that reference and then take myself into the Word to prove the veracity of it.

He is indeed a great teacher. When I lived in California, I went to church there.

This is their doctrinal statement. It's completely reformed.

Doctrinal Statement | Grace Community Church (gracechurch.org)

I am very supportive of their decision not to be bullied by L.A. County for church services.

My church here is AZ has never closed.
I loved his story about on how he first spoke there a message, went way over alotte dtime scheduled, like almost 2 hours, and thought the Board would thank him and send him packing, but asked him to stay on as lead pastor!
Also impressive that I think he did all 7 services on Sunday while younger!

Maybe due to him being a great teacher of the word?
Prove with Jesus Christ, everything from John MacArthur , especially if he starts judging believers as not a real or true Christian or not saved.

Did he really say only true Christians will vote for Trump? He makes a compelling case and yet Christians can go astray just as Christians can be ignorant and vote just by family tradition & loyalty rather than by knowing about the issues or the consequences for voting Democrat still.

I voted for Trump if anyone must know, but not because of the video below. For me, it was the lesser of 2 evils.

Back