Hi All

Winfield

Hi everyone, I was brought up in the Catholic Church, left them to get drunk and smoke Pot for some years.
Then in my early/mid twenties, was baptized into the Church of Christ, stayed there for a few years.
I left the Church of Christ because I was unable to hold to the standard.
It was very traumatic for me leaving the Church of Christ. I felt like I was leaving God, and maybe I was, I could just not live up to the standard.
The pot smoking and heavy drinking was gone but I just was unable to quit my nicotine addiction. I was hiding that.
Plus I had other sins that I was just unable to overcome, so I left them.
I felt like I was Judas, I had a lot of good friends their, but I just could not stay with my sin.
I tried to forget that all, I married a girl from Medellin, Colombia who is still my wife of 30 years.
My wife is Catholic, being Catholic to Her is more than just religion/God, its part of her culture.
We had religious arguments but to keep the peace in the family I just let most things slide and my two boys were brought up as Catholics.
I still had my old Bible out in the living room that my kids would see and things would come up now and again.
Many years went by. Inside I still felt guilty about leaving the Church.
I studied on my own and started leaning toward the Southern Baptist line of thinking.
Maybe this is bad, but I really don't know at what moment I was actually saved, I cannot pinpoint the time that I realized that it's Jesus alone that has saved me and there is nothing I can do. No Church, No Priest, No Pope, No works, No baptism.
Anyway that what I believe today, Only Jesus saves.
My oldest son became a Christian in college and is now in Graduate Seminary School.
My wife is still very much Catholic.
I argue with Her up to the point of divorce and then I back off.
Then I pray and argue with her about it again. lol.

RiJoRi

Hi everyone, I was brought up in the Catholic Church, left them to get drunk and smoke Pot for some years.
Then in my early/mid twenties, was baptized into the Church of Christ, stayed there for a few years.
I left the Church of Christ because I was unable to hold to the standard.
It was very traumatic for me leaving the Church of Christ. I felt like I was leaving God, and maybe I was, I could just not live up to the standard.
The pot smoking and heavy drinking was gone but I just was unable to quit my nicotine addiction. I was hiding that.
Plus I had other sins that I was just unable to overcome, so I left them.
I felt like I was Judas, I had a lot of good friends their, but I just could not stay with my sin.
I tried to forget that all, I married a girl from Medellin, Colombia who is still my wife of 30 years.
My wife is Catholic, being Catholic to Her is more than just religion/God, its part of her culture.
We had religious arguments but to keep the peace in the family I just let most things slide and my two boys were brought up as Catholics.
I still had my old Bible out in the living room that my kids would see and things would come up now and again.
Many years went by. Inside I still felt guilty about leaving the Church.
I studied on my own and started leaning toward the Southern Baptist line of thinking.
Maybe this is bad, but I really don't know at what moment I was actually saved, I cannot pinpoint the time that I realized that it's Jesus alone that has saved me and there is nothing I can do. No Church, No Priest, No Pope, No works, No baptism.
Anyway that what I believe today, Only Jesus saves.
My oldest son became a Christian in college and is now in Graduate Seminary School.
My wife is still very much Catholic.
I argue with Her up to the point of divorce and then I back off.
Then I pray and argue with her about it again. lol.
I know the month and year of my salvation. Somehow, nobody told me I needed to record the date and time! :D
I find the Catholics here have a firm faith in the RCC (I'm an ex-Catholic myself).

Let me suggest that you wear your fireproof suit in the forums! Some folks get really excited, you know?

So, welcome, Winfield!
--Rich