Hi everyone this is my first post about my church's doctrine

This is embarrassing of me to admit. I've gone back 7 times worst than before I found the church. I probably don't belong here. It's hard to really conceptualize without the full context of what I experienced during my time in the cult. I just feel empty now. Lonely. I eventually relapsed. I want to experience God in my life again. I haven't been praying. I feel ashamed. I feel as if I only pray when I want forgiveness but then I continue to sin.

you please plead to Him for help...

also I think it is fair to avoid denominations for now.

I've gone back 7 times worst than before I found the church.

Perhaps the explanation for this is found in Luke 11:24-26, "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and finding none it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house swept and put in order. Then it goes and brings seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there. And the last state of that person is worse than the first."

I probably don't belong here.

If by "here" you mean this forum, this is exactly where you belong. When you drive evil from your life you must replace it with good or you will only wind up worse than you were to begin with. In your case you need to have the Holy Spirit in you.

When I say you belong here I am speaking of not just this forum but of the entire CARM site. This would be a good place for you to begin:

Thanks for your reply. I believe in the founder of the religion. was a Free Mason before he established the church in 1972. The three levels of secrecy seem innocent at first. The first and usually only level people get to is after years of tithing. They give you an opportunity to "secure" the church. So the first level for men would be undercover security. When a new face shows up, you would be the one to follow this new person. See if they were spies, child predators, sex offenders, etc. Members usually aren't informed about the next levels. Women in the first level of secrecy would be the "love bombers." They pair you to someone close to your age and sort of create this relationship where you keep going just for her. If you're single of course. But love bombing doesn't have to be romantic, it's just a form of gaslighting. They get your social media and turn you into a celebrity overnight. 2nd level of secrecy is given to those who enter the ministry. This level entails more about finances. The percentage you keep for yourself is 50%, 20% for your own ministry or chapel. Then 30% gets sent to the main hub in the Philippines. So yeah I can't lie, I had some of the best moments of my life as a bible student-pastor. I got to travel everywhere on members' contributions. The next distinguisher is that you learn about the 32 doctrines of the church. You also learn to deny the existence of the 32 doctrines and you also learn there is 33. To get to the last level of secrecy you must be married. I think that's all you really need to understand. I'm sure it has something to do with sex.

Here's my belief
I believe in God the Father, who in essence shares the same eternal nature of Jesus, His Son. The Holy Spirit shares the exact same essence. All 3, form what I call the Godhead. I deny the doctrine of the trinity. But to a degree, we share the same understanding that God is One. There is only One God. Father is not Jesus, Jesus is not the Father, Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor The Son. I believe that Jesus was God in the flesh. I believe when Jesus defeated death, He left the Holy Spirit with us. So God has been and is always with us. I also believe the human interpretation of how God is One is something that we cannot understand as humans who are bound by space and time. We know God based on our human understandings of how we are wired. However, with God, such things as numbers and anything limiting would contradict the idea of a God who is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. I believe that the church is not a building, and that church is nothing more than a business. The true church is the body of believers. across the world who spread this message.
It sounds like you believe in the Trinity. Is it the word trinity you do not like ?

Welcome to CRAM
Proverbs 1:1​
1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning;
and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation;
the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Proverbs 22:17​
Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise,
and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
18 For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee;
they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
19 That thy trust may be in the Lord,
I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth;
that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?​

Joseph;
spend several days just reading the Proverbs of Solomon
and the book of Ecclesiastes

To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
first off, thanks for your post. second, you probably won't believe it. I was designing a t-shirt right now before coming onto the forum. I usually make Christian-themed t-shirts because the demand is fair online. So I hit a roadblock and couldn't think of what phrase would probably be best to match a mountain. I then typed in mountain on the thesaurus, which brought me to the word elevate. Which is somehow related to the word Ecclesiastes. I started reading the book and I don't know why, but I've read this book plenty of times but today it was like the Bible was talking to me. This might be confirmation bias, coincidence, whatever. Sometimes we don't see a miracle for what it is. Thank you so much for your post. It's really lifted me up. I've been in a bad place for quite some years. It feels almost impossible to be a Christian in this society we live in. Almost everything I do is a sin. Even if I see a beautiful woman, I've lusted, I've sinned. I drive, but other drivers drive me crazy. Road rage was something I really slowed down on. It happens once in a while. I live in LA.

God bless and thank you again

Joseph M.

It sounds like you believe in the Trinity. Is it the word trinity you do not like ?
Yes, I was taught that Trinity gives the idea of 3 in 1 or even 1 in 3. Also has a lot to do with the etymology of the word. Reminds me of when I was a Roman Catholic. I think the Catholic church was probably the most confusing religion I've been in. There's all this mixed culture of a Black Nazarene, A Baby Jesus, and I think Catholics believe Mary is the Mother of God and is this is probably why many pray to Mary.

so if I can remember correctly, it was something along the lines of this prayer, [I denounce this prayer but I had to repeat it so many times for 20 something years so it's probably not going anywhere]

When I prayed the Rosary this prayer was often repeated:

"Holy Mary, Mother of God, Hallow be thy name,
thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven,
give us this day, our daily bread, forgive us for our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil----

oh my Jesus forgive us for our sins,
save us from the fires of hell,
and lead us into your kingdom and glory,
especially those who are in most need of your mercy.'

something about a mystery. Keep in mind RC's do this for 40days and 40nights after a loved one dies, also it's the most common prayer. It's crazy now that I look at it. I can't imagine fully believing in Catholicism. It's literally the acceptance of hell fire (what they call purgatory) because that is what cleanses us for thousands of years before we go to heaven.

sorry I went off topic, I had a point to this and why it was related to the using of the word Trinity in relations to Mary also being a demi God as well as the apostles.

yes. there are many websites that speak about the church. I remember when this was brought before the staff, me being a little savvy with tech. I gave them the idea to create an app that would serve both as a place we could host content and then also use it as a backdoor to secretly embed a code that would create a filter on any router they connected too and sort of ... censor or filter out those websites. We even had everyone download the app at church connected to the wifi and this is how a lot of members don't see these websites. It's similar to a parent putting a filter to block adult websites. we didn't block those, that would be illegal. we had the most state of the art tech. We used Face Six to collect attendance and other data about people. That's how a lot of our preaching felt "targeted" or filled by the holy spirit but really it was just us gathering data and seeing what people were going through during the week and then we'd pass the data to our pastors who would use it in their messages. A lot of this I knew was wrong. It was just that sense of power that I think I was enticed by. I have a lot of childhood trauma. I was bullied and beat up. Had no friends. I was the best candidate to indoctrinate. I feel bad about the things I found out about members. I tried talking to one of them but I'm apparently an apostate or enemy of the church.

yes. there are many websites that speak about the church. I remember when this was brought before the staff, me being a little savvy with tech. I gave them the idea to create an app that would serve both as a place we could host content and then also use it as a backdoor to secretly embed a code that would create a filter on any router they connected too and sort of ... censor or filter out those websites. We even had everyone download the app at church connected to the wifi and this is how a lot of members don't see these websites. It's similar to a parent putting a filter to block adult websites. we didn't block those, that would be illegal. we had the most state of the art tech. We used Face Six to collect attendance and other data about people. That's how a lot of our preaching felt "targeted" or filled by the holy spirit but really it was just us gathering data and seeing what people were going through during the week and then we'd pass the data to our pastors who would use it in their messages. A lot of this I knew was wrong. It was just that sense of power that I think I was enticed by. I have a lot of childhood trauma. I was bullied and beat up. Had no friends. I was the best candidate to indoctrinate. I feel bad about the things I found out about members. I tried talking to one of them but I'm apparently an apostate or enemy of the church.
God wants us to stay with Him...
to honor Him..
He knows we are helpless
and He knows our trials..

churches don't always escape from bullying members either
:(

This is embarrassing of me to admit. I've gone back 7 times worst than before I found the church. I probably don't belong here. It's hard to really conceptualize without the full context of what I experienced during my time in the cult. I just feel empty now. Lonely. I eventually relapsed. I want to experience God in my life again. I haven't been praying. I feel ashamed. I feel as if I only pray when I want forgiveness but then I continue to sin.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about because we all are born into sinful flesh that wages war against us. God is not sitting up in the sky waiting to bring the hammer down on you for your sins. Although he hates sin, he loves you. There will be a day for judgment but now is the time for salvation.

“God is love” (1John 4:16)

If you have received the free gift of the Holy Spirit, your sins have been completely forgiven. Jesus paid for all sins past present and future. God’s free gift of life restored is not by anything we have done, will do, or can do.

“For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God” (1 Peter 3:18).

“not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5).

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Titus 3:8-9).

*“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). *“But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Ro 5:8).

If you have only believed that you have restoration with God on the basis of what works you do or don’t do then you need to turn to Jesus for salvation. A person may be able to stop some sins by human will but real salvation comes from God’s work, not yours, which you trust in by faith. Only Jesus was perfect and the sacrifice had to be perfect. No one but Jesus could have done this.

Just how good are you anyway:

Romans 14:23 says, “whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.”

Who can measure up to that! Every thought, action, and word being from faith in God. If you try to measure us by works you will never feel loved by God because you will always come up short.

Do you think you can measure up to always having lived by what Jesus said when he declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

No one can, only Jesus.

If however, you put your trust in Jesus, abiding in His works for and through you, you will feel loved and the love of His Holy Spirit will work through you and lift you into perfect peace and joy. When a believer is living by His Spirit sin has no hold on them and their delight and desire is not in things of the flesh or world but in God and his ways and words.

The way out of sin is not a works and self-condemnation cycle, but it comes from abiding in Jesus and walking by His Holy Spirit by faith. If you are saved call on him for help and guidance. If not have faith in His work on the cross for you. If you feel you have no faith pray to Him, call on Him to help you in your weakness. He will hear and answer.

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5).

“The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Co 10:5).

To abide in God’s Spirit continually pray without ceasing, praise and worship God from your heart (which you will do naturally when you understand His love and all He has done for you), read the bible, and practice taking every thought captive (this becomes easier when you stop focusing on your weakness in the flesh which was put to death and buried by faith in Jesus). Ask Him for help in all of this. Realize this is a spiritual warfare and when by faith you remember you are a new creation in Christ you will turn against the voices which are either of the flesh or are from spiritual enemies.

“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Eph. 6:12).

There is nothing to be embarrassed about because we all are born into sinful flesh that wages war against us. God is not sitting up in the sky waiting to bring the hammer down on you for your sins. Although he hates sin, he loves you. There will be a day for judgment but now is the time for salvation.

“God is love” (1John 4:16)

If you have received the free gift of the Holy Spirit, your sins have been completely forgiven. Jesus paid for all sins past present and future. God’s free gift of life restored is not by anything we have done, will do, or can do.

“For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God” (1 Peter 3:18).

“not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5).

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Titus 3:8-9).

*“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). *“But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Ro 5:8).

If you have only believed that you have restoration with God on the basis of what works you do or don’t do then you need to turn to Jesus for salvation. A person may be able to stop some sins by human will but real salvation comes from God’s work, not yours, which you trust in by faith. Only Jesus was perfect and the sacrifice had to be perfect. No one but Jesus could have done this.

Just how good are you anyway:

Romans 14:23 says, “whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.”

Who can measure up to that! Every thought, action, and word being from faith in God. If you try to measure us by works you will never feel loved by God because you will always come up short.

Do you think you can measure up to always having lived by what Jesus said when he declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

No one can, only Jesus.

If however, you put your trust in Jesus, abiding in His works for and through you, you will feel loved and the love of His Holy Spirit will work through you and lift you into perfect peace and joy. When a believer is living by His Spirit sin has no hold on them and their delight and desire is not in things of the flesh or world but in God and his ways and words.

The way out of sin is not a works and self-condemnation cycle, but it comes from abiding in Jesus and walking by His Holy Spirit by faith. If you are saved call on him for help and guidance. If not have faith in His work on the cross for you. If you feel you have no faith pray to Him, call on Him to help you in your weakness. He will hear and answer.

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5).

“The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Co 10:5).

To abide in God’s Spirit continually pray without ceasing, praise and worship God from your heart (which you will do naturally when you understand His love and all He has done for you), read the bible, and practice taking every thought captive (this becomes easier when you stop focusing on your weakness in the flesh which was put to death and buried by faith in Jesus). Ask Him for help in all of this. Realize this is a spiritual warfare and when by faith you remember you are a new creation in Christ you will turn against the voices which are either of the flesh or are from spiritual enemies.

“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Eph. 6:12).

Welcome to CARM, thewindblowswhereitwishes.

This is a great response for a seeker. Quick question: May I use your response for another time?

Inertia

___

Try prayer- when thinking of the mess of Religion!
As the brother of Jesus said~

James 1:5- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him.

I did everything needed to be considered a true "Catholic." I prayed the Rosary, I went to confession, I had my first communion, and finally, I was "confirmed." It's quite a twist of a story but I was at my friend's house early in the morning. Jehovah's Witnesses would stop by his house every weekend and I happened to hear of this new gospel. A man telling me that Jesus didn't die on a cross, it was on a stake. I was curious and I never owned a Bible at the time. He gave me one called the New Word's Translation. So I decided, I'd start reading. I believe it was a verse about "do not worship idols." Coming from a heavily Catholic family, we had Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus statues everywhere. This was the beginning of my search for a new religion. I found the NWT version to be trash so I bought myself a real bible.
Doesn't really answer the question does it?

Hi Brother,

Calvary Chapel is actually down the street from the PMCC 4th Watch. Many of the members who were excommunicated became members of Calvary. I appreciate churches like yours because they offer a program to help people who. were victimized by cults. Their reintegration ministry is outstanding. I went for a few sessions but I have so much distrust in any establishment. It's sort of because I've seen firsthand how lucrative the business of the church is. I hope to find a church but I seek to know Jesus deeper. After my mother died in 2017, I lost a lot of my belief in God.
The unexpected or premature loss of loved ones often causes people to doubt God, I do have a thought on that which may or may not help: everyone dies and God decides when. Even though we are not ready to lose someone, God has a time

Greetings brothers and sisters,

My name is Joseph, I was born into a Catholic family, and at the age of 21 I converted to "Christianity." I've always been curious about religion. I studied Islam, Bagad Vita, Scientology, and that's how I found Carm.org a few years ago. I was a returning visitor for a long time because I used to debate other "Christians." So in one way, I'm glad that the information here has helped me when I was a missionary from 2014-to 2016.

At the same time, I realized after a while that I myself was in a cult. I didn't want to share this information because this cult is the fastest-growing church in Southern Asia (Philippines). A few things I just want to share for context so that you may understand me a little better and hopefully bring some clarity to my distrust in organized religion.

Long story short, before the church, I lived my life full of sin. When I got baptized, within a year, I would drop out of college, quit my job, break up with my girlfriend, and move out of my house to go and live with the cult. I did not yet know this was a cult because the doctrine in my opinion was solid. It wasn't like any doctrine I'd ever seen before. I will share with you this doctrine. I'm no longer a member anymore so I won't be offended. They have pretty much cut all contact with me and it is said that the members are not even allowed to speak to me. I'm considered, "ex-communicated." This means for us, during communion, I would have to. leave the sanctuary because I wasn't allowed to partake in communion. Anyway, these are the 32 Doctrinal statements, never been realized to the public from what I know. Since I was a student pastor, I had access to many levels of secrecy.

To avoid attaching any files I will just paste the 32 doctrines revealed to bible students. there are 33 doctrines in total. Members would only get the first 10 or something.

32 Doctrinal Statements of the PMCC 4th Watch

1. We believe in the Holy Scriptures as verbally inspired by God and the sole authority for faith, life and conduct.

2. We believe in the Father whose glory is exceedingly bright whom no man hath seen nor seen; who is from everlasting to everlasting; with all the host of heaven standing before Him ready to obey His will.

3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, as the Eternal Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, conceived by the Holy Spirit, lived a sinless life, after preaching and doing great and mighty works, was sentenced to die by Pontius Pilate buried and rose from the dead and after showing Himself alive in many instances to His disciples, ascended to heaven from where He will come again to receive His followers and to judge the earth.

4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, as a member of the GodHead, with personality as the Father and the Son. Who also is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent; who can teach and lead believers. He is the Vicar of Christ on earth, who convicts sinners; He perfects the saints in preparation for the second coming of Christ Himself.

5. We believe in the reality of Satan, who is the adversary of God and His children. Being defeated, Satan is destined for the lake of fire together with his followers.

6. We believe in man, being created good, in the image of God, fell to sin.

7. We believe in man's salvation, through the finished and redemptive work of Christ, by His suffering, death and resurrection.

8. We believe in salvation, attained through repentance to God and personal faith in Christ Jesus and His finished work at Calvary.

9. We believe in salvation, by grace through faith not of works. That believers have been atoned, regenerated, forgiven, justified, and to be glorified by Christ.

10. We believe in the free will of man, who can accept Christ and be saved or reject Him and be lost.

11. We believe in the one and only Apostolic Church of Christ, composed of true disciples in every nation and race, washed and forgiven, living under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. That this Church is glorious and was founded on Pentecost after the resurrection of Christ; was never cut off nor ceased to function; and will continuously be victorious until the second coming of Jesus Christ. That the gates of Hell cannot prevail against this glorious Church and though it suffers some light tribulation, the Holy Spirit will always invigorate it through the calling of new apostles in every hour or seasons when renewal is called for.

12. We believe in the perfection and holiness of the church, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit and the ministers who are completely surrendered to Him.

13. We believe in the Church government, whose authority is derived from the Holy Spirit through the Holy Scriptures, led by the apostles in the church to whom loyalty and obedience is due, as commanded by the Lord.

14. We believe in the living saints, in the fourth watch, who will not taste physical death until the promised second coming of Christ, but will be translated into a glorious body then.

15. We believe in the rapture of the saints, living and dead, who composed the Church which is the body of Christ. They will reign with Him a thousand years after the great tribulation mentioned in the scriptures.

16. We believe in obedience to the ruling of the government and the equality of all nations and races. (Titus 3:1-2)

17. We believe in the maintenance of good work such as visiting the sick and those in prison, helping those who are in need, and caring for the aged, widows, and orphans.

18. We believe in living a Holy and Godly life, not involved in worldly vices, whether it be lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, pride of life, and other acts that defile the body.

19. We believe in daily prayer meetings, devotions, and bible reading.

20. We believe in keeping the Lord's Supper and the first day of the week is the Lord's. This was commanded and observed by the early apostles.

21. We believe in water baptism by immersion.

22. We believe in baptism of the Holy Spirit, as the power and seal of the believer.

23. We believe in the continuous operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as found in 1 Corinthians 12:28-31 also in Ephesians 4:11-15.

24. We believe in the conscious existence of the soul.

25. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the just and the unjust.

26. We believe in the final judgment of the wicked and the punishment of the impenitent in hell.

27. We believe in the literal new heaven and new earth, as the final dwelling place of the saints.

28. We believe in the judgement seat of Christ where the saints will receive their rewards for what they have done for Christ and will also be rebuked for their sins whether it be sin of commission or omission.

29. We believe in tithes and offerings, as a means of financing the Lord's work.

30. We believe in the expulsion of the wicked persons from the Church, when found to be so.

31. We believe in the evangelization of the world and duty of every disciple to commit himself for personal witnessing for the Lord Jesus.

32. We believe the Lord Jesus is coming again in this watch, the 4th watch.

i don't know what to believe anymore. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading this,

Joseph

It takes listening and applying all that Jesus teaches. Here is a super important one--Matthew 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added.( sustenance, covering, spirituality-Matt 6)

Back