Hi from WVa

Bonnie

Welcome! My great-grandmother was born in W. Virginia and lived most of her 95 years there. She lived near a small town called Keystone, on a mountainside overlooking the town, between Welch and Bluefield. Do you know where it that is?

SovereignGrace

Welcome! My great-grandmother was born in W. Virginia and lived most of her 95 years there. She lived near a small town called Keystone, on a mountainside overlooking the town, between Welch and Bluefield. Do you know where it that is?
No. I’ve been close to Welch, iirc. That’s in McDowell county. I’ve been to Wyoming county, which is a neighboring county. It’s(Welch)probably 2.5-3 hours from where I live. I live in Wayne county, about 5 minutes from KY. The closest I’ve been to Bluefield is Beckley, in Raleigh county. I was only 6-7 then, so I have a limited memory of that trip.

Did you know Steve Harvey was born in McDowell county, and was raised early in life in Welch? I heard him say that once when he had his show. They moved to Cleveland when he was still a kid.

Bonnie

No. I’ve been close to Welch, iirc. That’s in McDowell county. I’ve been to Wyoming county, which is a neighboring county. It’s(Welch)probably 2.5-3 hours from where I live. I live in Wayne county, about 5 minutes from KY. The closest I’ve been to Bluefield is Beckley, in Raleigh county. I was only 6-7 then, so I have a limited memory of that trip.

Did you know Steve Harvey was born in McDowell county, and was raised early in life in Welch? I heard him say that once when he had his show. They moved to Cleveland when he was still a kid.
Yes, I remember Steve Harvey saying that on his Feud show. I would need to look at a state map to see the places you mentioned, though. But W.Virginia lives up to its nickname!