His sheep and the goats

dberrie2020

Theo1689 said:
What you miss is that they are ALREADY His sheep.
That's WHY they know His voice.

Matthew 25:31-46--King James Version
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The LDS believe the testimony of the Savior, found in the above verses--is how God separates His sheep from the goats.

Comments?

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The LDS believe the testimony of the Savior, found in the above verses--is how God separates His sheep from the goats.

Comments?

There seems to be a lot of talk about God's sheep and goats--and this parable shows how God identifies His sheep and goats--and accordingly--- what their reward is.

Surely--someone would like to engage this parable, related by the Savior Himself?

Do not insult posters
There seems to be a lot of talk about God's sheep and goats--and this parable shows how God identifies His sheep and goats--and accordingly--- what their reward is.

Surely--someone would like to engage this parable, related by the Savior Himself?

EDIT insults

What is there to comment on?

1) We believe the passage.
2) It refutes Mormonism.
3) Thank you for posting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who were ALREADY sheep, were separated from those who were ALREADY goats, according to works.

So--are you claiming if they had not done those works listed by the Savior--they would have been sheep anyway?

I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
That seems to echo the charge given to the gods in Ps 82.

Theo1689 said: Those who were ALREADY sheep, were separated from those who were ALREADY goats, according to works.

So--are you claiming if they had not done those works listed by the Savior--they would have been sheep anyway?

Bump for Theo

Bump for Theo

Do you really think that stalking and harassing people is a "Christian" practice?

I really don't get how you are so insecure in your beliefs that you have to constantly try to argue with people, but I've got better things to do with my valuable time than to waste it answering your same stupd questions ten million times, when you constantly IGNORE all the passages which refute Mormonism.

Surely God knows His sheep. And surely He will lead them. Can you tell us if a Methodist or Baptist or FLDS is a sheep or a goat? Can you tell us how to earn a reward?

Ephesians 1 KJV
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1 NIV
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

And:
6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

Ephesians 2 KJV
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

The works are the EVIDENCES of whether they are sheep or goats.

Amen! The evidences are there for the world to see if they have sight. God already knows who His sheep are and isn't surprised by the New Birth that He gave them!

Ephesians 2:4
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Why did He save us?

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Surely God knows His sheep. And surely He will lead them.

No one has argued that. The point of the OP is the parable the Savior testified to in Matthew25--where the sheep and goats were divided according to their works.

Can you tell us how to earn a reward?

All receive rewards according to their works:

Matthew 16:27---King James Version
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Janice--could you tell us if that is an example of earning rewards?

All works apart from Jesus are as filthy rags. All works done by Christ are blessings. And because Christ does them we are given that blessing the very second the Father brings us to Him. I will elaborate more later.

Post # 10 can teach a lot that you are not seeing.

Last edited:

Comments?
Don't you know?
If a Christian believes and follows these scriptures they are a true sheep.

If Mormons believe and follow these passages they are trying to earn their way to heaven and can only be goats in sheep's clothing.

That's the punchline you'll essentially arrive to from our non-Mormon Christian friends here. It's too difficult for them to fathom that some Mormons have heartfelt charity, seeking the glory of God.

Don't you know?

Wrong (as usual).

If a Christian is a true sheep, they will believe and follow these Scriptures.

John 10:26 but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep.

Cause: You are my sheep.
Effect: You believe.

You have it backwards.
If Mormons believe and follow these passages they are trying to earn their way to heaven and can only be goats in sheep's clothing.

Correct.

That's the punchline you'll essentially arrive to from

... the Bible.

Don't you know?

That's the punchline you'll essentially arrive to from our non-Mormon Christian friends here. It's too difficult for them to fathom that some Mormons have heartfelt charity, seeking the glory of God.
Your leaders have taught that blessings are earned. Otherwise your god won't bless them. He sends Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants to lower kingdoms. How is relegating "our non-Mormon Christian friends" to lower kingdoms proving you have heartfelt charity seeking the glory of your highest god?

Last edited:
Exaltation according to Mormonism means gaining a fullness of all God has to offer. It includes reaching the “highest level” of the LDS heaven (called the celestial kingdom), attaining all knowledge available, and becoming a “God” over your own creation. Apostle Bruce McConkie wrote that those who attain exaltation “…inherit in due course the fullness of the glory of the Father, meaning that they have all power in heaven and on earth…” (Mormon Doctrine pg. 257). Doctrine and Covenants also teaches that “then shall they be gods, because they have no end…then shall they be gods, because they have all power…” (D&C 132:16-26).
This resource mrm.org is a Christian site that explains Mormon teachings. LDS criticize all sites that expose Mormonism. Mrm.org gives lds(Mormon) sources for the information they provide.

All works apart from Jesus are as filthy rags. All works done by Christ are blessings. And because Christ does them we are given that blessing the very second the Father brings us to Him. I will elaborate more later.

Post # 10 can teach a lot that you are not seeing.
I think you missed the fact that He gave us all blessings when He saved us.

Your leaders have taught that blessings are earned. Otherwise your god won't bless them. He sends Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants to lower kingdoms. How is relegating "our non-Mormon Christian friends" to lower kingdoms proving you have heartfelt charity seeking the glory of your highest god?
MY leaders, huh? Maybe you should call Elder Renlund and tell him how he's leading the Church astray:
"The Old Testam:nt prophet Micah asked the question this way: “Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God?”3 Micah satirically wondered whether even exorbitant offerings might be enough to compensate for sin, saying: “Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten [thousand] … rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for … the sin of my soul?”

The answer is no. Good deeds are not sufficient. Salvation is not earned.5 Not even the vast sacrifices Micah knew were impossible can redeem the smallest sin. Left to our own devices, the prospect of returning to live in God’s presence is hopeless.6
(https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2020/10/55renlund?lang=eng)

Exaltation according to Mormonism means gaining a fullness of all God has to offer. It includes reaching the “highest level” of the LDS heaven (called the celestial kingdom), attaining all knowledge available, and becoming a “God” over your own creation. Apostle Bruce McConkie wrote that those who attain exaltation “…inherit in due course the fullness of the glory of the Father, meaning that they have all power in heaven and on earth…” (Mormon Doctrine pg. 257). Doctrine and Covenants also teaches that “then shall they be gods, because they have no end…then shall they be gods, because they have all power…” (D&C 132:16-26).
This resource mrm.org is a Christian site that explains Mormon teachings. LDS criticize all sites that expose Mormonism. Mrm.org gives lds(Mormon) sources for the information they provide.
Please find any source that show Mormons teach us being a capital "G" God "over our own creation."

Back