Homelessness crisis in Martha's Vineyard?

Thistle

"A woke homelessness director in Martha’s Vineyard has brazenly claimed that the 50 migrants flown in by Gov DeSantis will have to move somewhere else because there is ‘no room’ on the billionaire enclave...

...Lisa Belcastro claims that the island cannot support the migrants - where the median home price is nearly $1m- because it is facing a shortage of affordable housing."

Seems like we could come to a factual basis about who's right. Does anybody have that Airbnb application on their phone so they can check out the prices and availability of accommodations on Martha's Vineyard?

This is just a hunch, but I'll bet that they've got way more availability than they have illegal immigrants.

No room at the Inn eh?

We want to say we like you, but we will ship you away because millionaires can't be bothered with you.

And, Texas is racist because we are not.

Liberal dingdongery.

No room at the Inn eh?
Maybe there's a stable or a manger somewhere on the island. Where thoroughbred racehorses are whinnying, and immigrant babies could sleep on the hay.
We want to say we like you, but we will ship you away because millionaires can't be bothered with you.
Immigrants are so much more manageable when they're just a weaponized concept on Twitter. That's where our friends on the left really like them.
And, Texas is racist because we are not.
Our friends on the left don't know the first thing about Texas.
Liberal dingdongery.
Complete ignorant j#ck#ss's who somehow I have diluted themselves into a sense of superiority.

Maybe there's a stable or a manger somewhere on the island. Where thoroughbred racehorses are whinnying, and immigrant babies could sleep on the hay.

Ahhh man, are you telling me the exceedingly wealthy may have to spend some money? We really can't afford to free up a stall.

Immigrants are so much more manageable when they're just a weaponized concept on Twitter. That's where our friends on the left really like them.

*Gasp*

Oh my. Good heavens.

We formed Sanctuary Cities so our ideas about illegal immigration will be safe, not the actual thing. Duh, that would only invite them here!

Our friends on the left don't know the first thing about Texas.

Complete ignorant j#ck#ss's who somehow I have diluted themselves into a sense of superiority.

Texas is where knuckle draggers and mouth breathers live.

It's true because liberals say so.

So with all the available Airbnb's on Martha's Vineyard, they have flown these people to internment camps on a military base. I think we've seen the extent of our friends on the left's mercy and empathy. Nothing to write home about.
Newsflash! Airbnbs cost money. How much money did De Santis give those Texan migrants to find accommodation? Whoops, looks like Florida is the one without any mercy.

Makes sense, if De Santis wants to be TrumpLite™.

Newsflash! Airbnbs cost money. How much money did De Santis give those Texan migrants to find accommodation? Whoops, looks like Florida is the one without any mercy.

How much money did Biden give the illegals he flew all over the country in the dead of night? Did he give them a place to stay?

But since it's ok for dem run places to ship them off via the military, then the red states can and should now do the same.

Newsflash! Airbnbs cost money.
The billionaires of Martha's Vineyard don't have any money? You don't say! Every little municipality all over the United States has social infrastructure which costs money, but not the billionaire abode of the mega billionaire wealthy? Thanks for clarifying that; I had no idea! What can we possibly do to remove the plight of our poor billionaire class? Resolving this problem is going to take a lot of thought…
How much money did De Santis give those Texan migrants to find accommodation?
Let me see if I can get to the bottom of that. In the meantime, how much did Joe Biden give them so that they could make their way to Florida and establish accommodations there?
Whoops, looks like Florida is the one without any mercy.
Actually not. If the billionaires of Florida had the money of the billionaires of Martha's Vineyard, they burn theirs.
How about putting America first because you love America.

The billionaires of Martha's Vineyard don't have any money? You don't say!
The billionaires of Martha's Vineyard don't need Airbnb, do they. They already have somewhere to stay.

Let me see if I can get to the bottom of that. In the meantime, how much did Joe Biden give them so that they could make their way to Florida and establish accommodations there?
Florida? What does Florida have to do with it? These people came from Texas, not Florida; San Antonio IIRC. Better ask Governor Abbott what he was doing for them. Governor Abbott does claim to be a Christian, doesn't he? I'm sure he's not short of a dollar or two.

How about putting America first because you love America.
America currently has more job vacancies than people looking for work. Makes sense to bring in more people to fill those vacancies to make America work again. Hmmm... MAWA, did I just make up a slogan there?

Makes sense to bring in more people to fill those vacancies to make America work again
The current crop of people they are bringing in have little skills or no skills at all, and they do not know our language either. Women and children will not be forced to work, they will go on government assistance.

How much money did De Santis give those Texan migrants to find accommodation?
Why is anyone giving these people money, what makes them so special? Free cellphones, why? Free transportation. why? This is a great boondoggle by Biden that is costing the taxpayer hundreds of millions of dollars that we do not have.

The current crop of people they are bringing in have little skills or no skills at all, and they do not know our language either.
America has no official language. Spanish works very well in many parts of America. How good is your Navaho? That is useful in some places as well.

Women and children will not be forced to work, they will go on government assistance.
Children should not work, or do you want to repeal the Child Labor Laws? Women can work if they want, or would you prefer Kinder, Kirche, Kuche to be legally enforced? I hear that Afghanistan has something similar these days.

This is a great boondoggle by Biden that is costing the taxpayer hundreds of millions of dollars that we do not have.
People that work pay taxes. People that work buy things that give companies profits. Capitalism is wonderful isn't it. Immigrants arrive in a new country, take a little time, and help, to settle in and then get work and pay taxes. Or do you think that all those Europeans who arrived after 1492 should go beck where they came from? You are Navaho, aren't you?

The current crop of people they are bringing in have little skills or no skills at all, and they do not know our language either. Women and children will not be forced to work, they will go on government assistance.
And how do you know this? You don't. You're talking out your.%/%!$!

The billionaires of Martha's Vineyard don't need Airbnb, do they. They already have somewhere to stay.
So the billionaires of Martha's Vineyard are the only people in the United States who don't need to pay for social services ( for others ) in their community? And why would that be?
Florida? What does Florida have to do with it? These people came from Texas, not Florida; San Antonio IIRC.
Why would Ron DeSantis be sending anybody from Texas?
Better ask Governor Abbott what he was doing for them. Governor Abbott does claim to be a Christian, doesn't he? I'm sure he's not short of a dollar or two.
So you really don't know what we're talking about, do you?

America currently has more job vacancies than people looking for work.
You mean all the people that Joe Biden demanded be terminated, because they wouldn't submit to a forced experimental drug, didn't rush out to be subjected to the same treatment at the hands of another compliant employer? Gee, that's hard to figure… Which reminds me, I wonder how long the line is at the medieval torture chamber that the Biden administration has set up closest to my home? That's just the thing, it's always so difficult to get a good time slot.
Makes sense to bring in more people to fill those vacancies to make America work again.
If that were the problem it seems like the Google, and Meta, and Twitter would have recruiting booths closer to the Rio Grande.
Hmmm... MAWA, did I just make up a slogan there?
Did you? What is it? Make America weak again? Jimmy Carter would love it!

The Island has under 20,000 residents. How much is seasonal?

The regular ferry service could easily bring FEMA trailers since the Global warming circus failed so far to cause hurricanes and need on the coasts.

Why would Ron DeSantis be sending anybody from Texas?
You will have to ask him that. Those people crossed the border into Texas. Hint: Florida does not share a border with Mexico. De Santis flew them from San Antonio to Florida, and then onwards to Martha's Vineyard. There are questions being asked about the money he used to pay for the stunt.

Heaven forbid the rich, white democrat progressive and woke liberals might have to spend their money!

They won't do that, it's Joey's job!

Heaven forbid the rich, white democrat progressive and woke liberals might have to spend their money!

They won't do that, it's Joey's job!
Those "rich, white democrat progressive and woke liberals" did just that, helping the refugees from Venezuelan Communism that DeSantis failed to help.

It is the job of every Christian; "I was hungry and you fed me..." - Matthew 25:35-40. Joey and the people of Martha's Vineyard are obviously Christian. DeSantis I am less sure of: " I was a stranger and you did not invite me in" - Matthew 25:43.

Back