Hosea 3:4-5 Into the last days without sacrifice, king, priest

Jewjitzu

Hosea
4For the Israelites must live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, and without ephod or idol. 5Afterward, the people of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.

These few verses show some important truths.

We have no current king, even though Christians say Jesus is king. This idea is refuted.

We have no sacrifices because we have no temple. So, Jesus' sacrifice doesn't help because as the verse says we have no sacrifice available.

We have no ephod worn by the High Priest, so Jesus can't be the High Priest.

How is the lack of sacrifices handled during these times? The same way that Daniel and other generations have.

Hosea 14
1Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God, for you have stumbled by your iniquity.
2Bring your confessions
and return to the LORD. Say to Him: “Take away all our iniquity and receive us graciously,
that we may present
the fruit of our lips.

Hosea
4For the Israelites must live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, and without ephod or idol. 5Afterward, the people of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.

We have no current king, even though Christians say Jesus is king. This idea is refuted.

We have no sacrifices because we have no temple. So, Jesus' sacrifice doesn't help because as the verse says we have no sacrifice available.

How is the lack of sacrifices handled during these times? The same way that Daniel and other generations have.

Hosea 14
1Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God, for you have stumbled by your iniquity.
2Bring your confessions
and return to the LORD. Say to Him: “Take away all our iniquity and receive us graciously,
that we may present
the fruit of our lips.
We all also see from these verses that Messiah is not the Lord, and separate from God.

Hosea

Hosea 14
2Bring your confessions
that we may present
the fruit of our lips.

John 1:49 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
49 Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”

One may not have a current King, however, Jesus, the Messiah is my King. Nathanael was an Israelite.

Multitudes of believers, followers, and disciples of Jesus in Jerusalem, blessed the Messiah from the house of the Lord before any formal group of "Christians" ever existed. (i.e. Matthew 16:16; Matthew 21:9-12; Psalm 118:25-29; Daniel 9:26)

We have no sacrifices because we have no temple.

John 2:19 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Messiah is risen "according to the Scriptures", therefore, Messiah raised the temple up. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

We have no ephod worn by the High Priest, ...

In context, according to Hosea 3:4, the word "ephod" represents an image that was set up in the sanctuary, and does not represent a garment.

(i.e. Gideon took the golden earrings of the Midianites, and made an "ephod, and put it in his city where it was worshiped by all Israel (Judges 8:26-27); i.e. Micah made an ephod and teraphim for his sanctuary (Judges 17:3-5))

... so Jesus can't be the High Priest.

Hebrews 5:9-10 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”

(i.e. Psalm 110 - no mention that the High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek", must wear an ephod)

(i.e. He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him - i.e. all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28))

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

John 1:49 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
49 Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”

One may not have a current King, however, Jesus, the Messiah is my King. Nathanael was an Israelite.

Multitudes of believers, followers, and disciples of Jesus in Jerusalem, blessed the Messiah from the house of the Lord before any formal group of "Christians" ever existed. (i.e.would Matthew 16:16; Matthew 21:9-12; Psalm 118:25-29; Daniel 9:26)
That's nice but the verses from Hosea prophecy that we have no King until the last days. So, that discounts the notion that Jesus is king.

John 2:19 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Messiah is risen "according to the Scriptures", therefore, Messiah raised the temple up. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
That's nice, but there are zero prophecies that Messiah would die and raised in 3 days.

In context, according to Hosea 3:4, the word "ephod" represents an image that was set up in the sanctuary, and does not represent a garment.
Ephod was a garment worn by the Levitical High Priest, Exodus 39.

(i.e. Gideon took the golden earrings of the Midianites, and made an "ephod, and put it in his city where it was worshiped by all Israel (Judges 8:26-27); i.e. Micah made an ephod and teraphim for his sanctuary (Judges 17:3-5))

Hebrews 5:9-10 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”
If one is perfected, then he wasn't perfect when he started.

(i.e. Psalm 110 - no mention that the High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek", must wear an ephod)
The priest here isn't a High Priest, https://biblehub.com/text/psalms/110-4.htm.

(i.e. He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him - i.e. all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28))
David and his sons were priests, 2 Samuel 8:18.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
In the true God's service.

Last edited:
That's nice but the verses from Hosea prophecy that we have no King until the last days. So, that discounts the notion that Jesus is king.
ERROR, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets," Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

and as for a KING? Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

101G.

ERROR, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets," Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the
Tanakh doesn't confirm this. Rejected.

and as for a KING? Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."
Rotfl... the kingship departed from Judah before Jesus arrived. That's why they were under Roman rule. ;)

Hosea

Yep...this is actually very good. Hosea doesn't mention that this is by deliberate choice, because you forsook your Messiah, and allowed the heathen to murder the Son of David. For this, you were thrown out of the land. You would think, upon your return to the land, that you would turn and seek the Lord your God and David (the Son of David!) your King, and bow the knee...

...but you have not. Secular Israel is as pagan as Hollywood. You've defended your inventions and the gods your people did not know. Every form of Judaism establishes what seems right in their own eyes, as in the days of the Judges. And your people perish for lack of knowledge because the Word of the Lord is so rare according to your choice. That's why Hosea 14 is so encouraging:

Hosea 14
2Bring your confessions
that we may present
the fruit of our lips.
Yep...accept the sacrifice once offered, and the blood shed on your behalf. Your prophets tell you what's ahead...and what you must now doe.

Yep...this is actually very good. Hosea doesn't mention that this is by deliberate choice, because you forsook your Messiah, and allowed the heathen to murder the Son of David. For this, you were thrown out of the land. You would think, upon your return to the land, that you would turn and seek the Lord your God and David (the Son of David!) your King, and bow the knee...

...but you have not. Secular Israel is as pagan as Hollywood. You've defended your inventions and the gods your people did not know. Every form of Judaism establishes what seems right in their own eyes, as in the days of the Judges. And your people perish for lack of knowledge because the Word of the Lord is so rare according to your choice. That's why Hosea 14 is so encouraging:

Yep...accept the sacrifice once offered, and the blood shed on your behalf. Your prophets tell you what's ahead...and what you must now doe.
Rotfl... blood sacrifice, if used, belongs on an altar. Jesus never did that. This has been repeated to you. I won't rehash old news.

Rotfl... blood sacrifice, if used, belongs on an altar. Jesus never did that. This has been repeated to you. I won't rehash old news.
Jesus did that...and you have been very badly taught. It's all in Hebrews 9. The author compares what happened before you betrayed Messiah and your temple was once again destroyed:
6When everything had been prepared in this way, the priests entered regularly into the first room to perform their sacred duties. 7But only the high priest entered the second room, and then only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.
8By this arrangement the Holy Spirit was showing that the way into the Most Holy Placee had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still standing. 9It is an illustration for the present time, because the gifts and sacrifices being offered were unable to cleanse the conscience of the worshiper. 10They consist only in food and drink and special washings—external regulations imposed until the time of reform.

In other words, there was still a veil until:
Redemption came through His Blood
11But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come, He went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made by hands and is not a part of this creation. 12He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.

13For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!

15Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Moses gave you the shadow, and brought the pattern down from Sinai...Jesus was the light that cast that shadow. Your fathers denied the obvious and betrayed the light, thinking to extinguish it...and in so doing, extended the light you once suspected but lost. Good news is, Isaiah 60 tells you it's time to wake up. Your light has come.]
This has been repeated to you. I won't rehash old news.
I know. You'd think you'd remember this but you never do. I'm always glad to help you review what your Messiah did...in the Heavenly tabernacle from which Moses' pattern was derived as it is written.

Jesus did that...and you have been very badly taught. It's all in Hebrews 9. The author compares what happened before you betrayed Messiah and your temple was once again destroyed:
6When everything had been prepared in this way, the priests entered regularly into the first room to perform their sacred duties. 7But only the high priest entered the second room, and then only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.
The blood was offered on the altar outside the holy of holies.

8By this arrangement the Holy Spirit was showing that the way into the Most Holy Placee had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still standing. 9It is an illustration for the present time, because the gifts and sacrifices being offered were unable to cleanse the conscience of the worshiper. 10They consist only in food and drink and special washings—external regulations imposed until the time of reform.
Wrong.

In other words, there was still a veil until:
Redemption came through His Blood
11But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come, He went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made by hands and is not a part of this creation. 12He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.
No mention of blood applied anywhere. Regardless, the commandment applies at the temple on earth. It wasn't changed.

13For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!

15Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Moses gave you the shadow, and brought the pattern down from Sinai...Jesus was the light that cast that shadow. Your fathers denied the obvious and betrayed the light, thinking to extinguish it...and in so doing, extended the light you once suspected but lost. Good news is, Isaiah 60 tells you it's time to wake up. Your light has come.]
Sorry, but you abrogate the commandment to fulfill the commandment. How ridiculous.

I know. You'd think you'd remember this but you never do. I'm always glad to help you review what your Messiah did...in the Heavenly tabernacle from which Moses' pattern was derived as it is written.
Same junk all over again. Try a different approach and some facts.

The blood was offered on the altar outside the holy of holies.
I'm surprised you got this one wrong.

No...Yom Kippur. The blood was taken into the Holy of Holies and applied to the Mercy Seat. Only the High Priest was allowed in, and that with a cord to his feet, so that if he died in the Shekineh Presence, and the bells on the hem of his garment stopped ringing, they could bring him back out.

Claim with zero substance. It's called "denial."

No mention of blood applied anywhere. Regardless, the commandment applies at the temple on earth. It wasn't changed.
It's assumed people can read. Even you.

The parallel between the shadow Aaronic priest, and the priest in the line of Melchizedek can only be understood by the literate. You see..."the Aaronic priest applied the blood...and...the Melchizedek priest went into the Heavenly Holy of Holies with His Own blood, greater than that of sheep and goats, and..." For readers and honest discerners, this is clear.

Sorry, but you abrogate the commandment to fulfill the commandment. How ridiculous.
No...and how weird you make this claim! You have abrogated the commandment, and believe that nothing need atone for your sin! Your Messiah, priest after the order of Melchizedek as it is written, FULFILLED the commandment once and for all with HIS OWN all-sufficient blood, winning forever victory over death, and restoring Adam to the righteousness he had in the garden before the fall. There was no sacrifice before the fall, because there was no sin until the fall...Restoration, regeneration and redemption came with the unfathomable grace of your Messiah...Who willingly laid down his life, but only for his friends.

Rejecting this, you are still in your sins.
Same junk all over again. Try a different approach and some facts.
Same denial...Try learning to read, and try remembering where the Aaronic priests stood on Yom Kippur before the invention you practice bereft as you are of temple and Ark.

I'm surprised you got this one wrong.
No, I left out the blood on the mercy seat. In either case with respect to the altar or the mercy seat, Jesus applied his blood to neither.

No...Yom Kippur. The blood was taken into the Holy of Holies and applied to the Mercy Seat.
Yep.

Only the High Priest was allowed in, and that with a cord to his feet, so that if he died in the Shekineh Presence, and the bells on the hem of his garment stopped ringing, they could bring him back out.
Yep.

Claim with zero substance. It's called "denial."
Nope, just facts.

It's assumed people can read. Even you.
I read pretty well. The NT doesn't mention blood applied in heaven either.

The parallel between the shadow Aaronic priest, and the priest in the line of Melchizedek can only be understood by the literate.
The Davidic line are all priests, 2 Samuel 8:18. The Levitical priesthood is eternal.

You see..."the Aaronic priest applied the blood...and...the Melchizedek priest went into the Heavenly Holy of Holies with His Own blood, greater than that of sheep and goats, and..." For readers and honest discerners, this is clear.
The NT doesn't mention it.

No...and how weird you make this claim! You have abrogated the commandment, and believe that nothing need atone for your sin!
Prayer does. Just like in Daniel's time.

Your Messiah, priest after the order of Melchizedek as it is written, FULFILLED the commandment once and for all with HIS OWN all-sufficient blood, winning forever victory over death, and restoring Adam to the righteousness he had in the garden before the fall. There was no sacrifice before the fall, because there was no sin until the fall...Restoration, regeneration and redemption came with the unfathomable grace of your Messiah...Who willingly laid down his life, but only for his friends.
Sorry, but human sacrifices aren't acceptable. I have an OP in the subject.

Rejecting this, you are still in your sins.
No, that's where prayer and repentance come in.

Same denial...Try learning to read, and try remembering where the Aaronic priests stood on Yom Kippur before the invention you practice bereft as you are of temple and Ark.
Your story is DOA.

Last edited:
No, I left out the blood on the mercy seat. In either case with respect to the altar or the mercy seat, Jesus applied his blood to neither.
Yep.
Yep.
Nope, just facts.
I read pretty well. The NT doesn't mention blood applied in heaven either.
The Davidic line are all priests, 2 Samuel 8:18. The Levitical priesthood is eternal.
The NT doesn't mention it.
Prayer does. Just like in Daniel's time.
Sorry, but human sacrifices aren't acceptable. I have an OP in the subject.
Your story is DOA.

Psalm 110:4 Revised Standard Version of the Bible
4 The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
“You are a priest for ever
after the order of Melchiz′edek.”

Isaiah 1:15 Revised Standard Version of the Bible
15 When you spread forth your hands,
I will hide my eyes from you;
even though you make many prayers,
I will not listen;
your hands are full of blood.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

4 The Lord has sworn
This is about David, not the messiah.
I will not listen;
This is correct. What God wants is repentance, not religious behavior.

4 The Lord has sworn
Great! David and all of his sons are as well.

I will not listen;
My hands aren't full of blood.

I will bless those that bless you, and curse those that curse you...

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
In the true God's service.

BTW, you've been debunked on everything you post. ;)

Last edited:
I will not listen;
My hands aren't full of blood.

The Holy One of Israel judges that, not Jewjitzu.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Back