How 'bout dis?

Show me one example from the Bible where ones obedience is called a work of merit whereby one's obedience earned God's free gift.

Was Naaman's obedience a work of merit whereby God OWED him a miraculous healing? No
Was Noah's obedience in building the ark a work of merit whereby God OWED him salvation from the flood? No

Their obedience was a necessary condition God placed upon receiving His free gracious gift. Making obedience a work of merit would removed grace from these two examples.
They can't so they won't. Good job !

We're close...

Before Man is to obey the Law of Christ, they are either to obey the Law of Moses and/or the Law of Eden. No one is given the chance to obey the Law of Christ until they are in Christ Jesus...

God’s reality eden paradise is coming back

Show me one example from the Bible where ones obedience is called a work of merit whereby one's obedience earned God's free gift.

Was Naaman's obedience a work of merit whereby God OWED him a miraculous healing? No
Was Noah's obedience in building the ark a work of merit whereby God OWED him salvation from the flood? No

Their obedience was a necessary condition God placed upon receiving His free gracious gift. Making obedience a work of merit would removed grace from these two examples.

Good point.

Your word is a lamp unto my feet.

Not a controling robot factor.

Abraham's leaving his homeland and offering his son

Abraham earned merit and it was counted unto him for Righteousness

NOT

Whose light did our Lord say for us to shine ours or His?

The answer is very clear. You cannot say "His" for that is clearly not what He said. If you say it is His, then you are also acknowledging we have control over His light shining through us, thus our Lord is subservient to our will not us to His. I can decide not to love others as He wants me to, thus my darkness wins over His light.

If one reads the teaching of our Lord in the passages, then one can understand our Lord is telling us to be sincere about our faith and love of God and others, not merely appearing so by religious observance such as the Pharisee's of His day. Our light then is the life of goodness we live in accordance to our love of God and others....the whole sum of the Law.

God bless
Oh will you please give it up!?

More listening (learning) and less trying to prove your correct will send you off in a good direction that you may find rewarding.

Back