How Can One Say He is of Christ if You are Not Like Him?

Gary Mac

Im curious -- How can one say he is of Christ if you are not like Him? Anything less than is not of Christ at all.

Our Lord's God

Im curious -- How can one say he is of Christ if you are not like Him? Anything less than is not of Christ at all.

To say as much is to be a liar. If we do not have the Spirit of Christ and are being conformed to his image, we are none of his.

By this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commands.
He who says, “I have come to know him,” and does not keep his commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
but whoever keeps his word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected.
By this we know that we are in him: he who says he abides in him ought himself to walk just as he walked. 1 John 2:3-6

Our Lord's God

What was your first clue???

Well then you are in big trouble. The whole point is to be conformed to the image of God's son.

29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren. Romans 8:29

Bob Carabbio

Well then you are in big trouble. The whole point is to be conformed to the image of God's son.

29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren. Romans 8:29
That's a PROGRESSIVE process - called "Sanctification". It takes your entire life after being born again, and is NEVER complete. SInce I'm IN CHRIST, I'm perfect before God in HIM. Experimentally, however -

Gary Mac

To say as much is to be a liar. If we do not have the Spirit of Christ and are being conformed to his image, we are none of his.

By this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commands.
He who says, “I have come to know him,” and does not keep his commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
but whoever keeps his word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected.
By this we know that we are in him: he who says he abides in him ought himself to walk just as he walked. 1 John 2:3-6
I know yet when Christ is presented to these they deem as blaspheme lol

Gary Mac

In which case, since nobody is like Christ, by your reasoning, there's no such thing as "Christianity".
By my reasoning? It isnt I who wrote for you to be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was on in the Father or to have the mind of Christ, or to walk as He walk in His same light. If you do not have the SPirit of Christ you are none of His.

You are trying to reason with God to get Him to abide by your rules.

Gary Mac

That's a PROGRESSIVE process - called "Sanctification". It takes your entire life after being born again, and is NEVER complete. SInce I'm IN CHRIST, I'm perfect before God in HIM. Experimentally, however -
Sanctification is ones state of function. Either you function in Gods anointing, Christ in you, or you do not.

If you was of Christ you would be like Him as jesus was like Him anointed of God, and that does not take a lifetime it is the gift of God that we receive from Him and that happens in the twinkling of an eye, all things become new, a new heaven and earth is reveled. Jesus referred to this renewing as born again. You are trying to work your way into Gods kingdom.

If you was of Christ you would know the kingdom of God doent come with observation but is within you.

You are functioning, sanctified, in the creed of mans doctrines but void of Christ to walk as He walks in His same light.

Being of Christ yourself, anointed of God, is His only perfection. It is who we are like Him and in His same image as Jesus was in His same image no different at all. If you are less than that what Jesus had in the father then you are not perfected in Him at all.

Last edited:

Gary Mac

So are you still denying you must be like him?
That seems to be an impossibility for this person. Denying the very one God sent to show us who we are to be in Him as His example sent for us to be like. He really is the way the truth and the life we are to live and no one comes to the Father except his way.

Last edited:

Our Lord's God

That seems to be an impossibility for this person. Denying the very one God sent to show us who we are to be in Him as His example sent for us to be like. He really is the way the truth and the life we are to live and no one comes to the Father except his way.
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.... the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

“Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him.” For to us God has revealed through the Spirit for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

Gary Mac

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

“Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him.” For to us God has revealed through the Spirit for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
I dont recall Jesus saying that. What I hear from Jesus is receive from God the same as he received from Him, He in you and you in Him as one. It is the gift of God that we be like Him and in His same image.

When you look in a mirror, what do you see? Christ? That is who is supposed to be in there, Gods anointed. You cant be in His image any other way.

Our Lord's God

I dont recall Jesus saying that. What I hear from Jesus is receive from God the same as he received from Him, He in you and you in Him as one. It is the gift of God that we be like Him and in His same image.

Same thing as Paul is saying at 2 Corinthians 3:17ff.

When you look in a mirror, what do you see? Christ? That is who is supposed to be in there, Gods anointed. You cant be in His image any other way.

Paul said, "behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord." Remember how Jesus prayed, "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, that they may see my glory, the glory you have given me

Jesus is talking about those who are truly in him right here right now. Those in him are with him where he is. Of course they are. They are IN HIM and he is in heaven and he is IN our Father where He is. And that's where we are. The natural man cannot comprehend it.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit....

People don't know what they are missing because they have been deceived by men. Jesus became like God by doing only His Father's will and for that reason he is now in the image of God and we who are conformed to the image of Christ are being conformed into the image of God because he is the image of God.

Our Lord's God

FIRST, though, tell us how long YOU have been PERFECT in every way as He is. Once and a while we do have folks here that claim to be experimentally PERFECT in every way. Are you the latest one????

Your Bible says Jesus was made perfect through suffering. He wasn't perfected until he was dead. Think on that.

Gary Mac

Same thing as Paul is saying at 2 Corinthians 3:17ff.

Paul said, "behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord." Remember how Jesus prayed, "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, that they may see my glory, the glory you have given me

Jesus is talking about those who are truly in him right here right now. Those in him are with him where he is. Of course they are. They are IN HIM and he is in heaven and he is IN our Father where He is. And that's where we are. The natural man cannot comprehend it.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit....

People don't know what they are missing because they have been deceived by men. Jesus became like God by doing only His Father's will and for that reason he is now in the image of God and we who are conformed to the image of Christ are being conformed into the image of God because he is the image of God.

Im not a fan of Paul for he has lead many to follow his doctrine instead of the way Jesus presented the Father. Not to say he didnt get a few things right but to say Jesus is just the better way for information about the Father for me.

By identification with him he didnt become like God by doing Gods will he became like Him by Gods Spirit opening up all of His heaven to the man and then he did Gods will. without Gods Spirit to direct one cant do His will at all, all one can do without His Spirit is their own will for their religious beliefs of Him.

Gary Mac

SO - how long have YOU been PERFECT in all of your ways??
The day God came and perfected His Spirit in me. Same way He perfected Jesus in Matt 3:16, he didnt know Gods SPirit or His heaven either until God opened it to him just as He does in us all who has received Him. Only then was Jesus complete, perfected, we are no different. You cant be either until God opens it all up to you.

BTW it isnt in all my ways, it is all in His ways for me. All I can do is obey and receive His ways for my life just as Jesus did. I dont expect you will understand that.