How Can One Say He is of Christ if You are Not Like Him?

Gary Mac

Your Bible says Jesus was made perfect through suffering. He wasn't perfected until he was dead. Think on that.
The grave doesnt perfect it is to late by then for the grave is not going to reveal God. If one cant see Him while you are alive what makes one think you will when you are dead? He is a God of the living. The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation it is within you.

Bob Carabbio

The day God came and perfected His Spirit in me. Same way He perfected Jesus in Matt 3:16, he didnt know Gods SPirit or His heaven either until God opened it to him just as He does in us all who has received Him. Only then was Jesus complete, perfected, we are no different. You cant be either until God opens it all up to you.

BTW it isnt in all my ways, it is all in His ways for me. All I can do is obey and receive His ways for my life just as Jesus did. I dont expect you will understand that.
SO - you're no more "Perfect experimentally" than anybody else, obviously. All you (or anybody else) has is the perfection of Jesus, since God perceives you to be "IN HIM" as a born again Christian (assuming you are one). And if you ARE a Christian, then you're being progressively sanctified as you grow more mature in Him. Same as everybody alse.

Bob Carabbio

Your Bible says Jesus was made perfect through suffering. He wasn't perfected until he was dead. Think on that.
MY bible says that Jesus WAS MY SIN OFFERING. and according to OLD testament requirements, the SIN OFFERING had to be PERFECT, so you're just talking nonsense.

Our Lord's God

MY bible says that Jesus WAS MY SIN OFFERING. and according to OLD testament requirements, the SIN OFFERING had to be PERFECT, so you're just talking nonsense.

IF we WALK in the light as He is in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

Our Lord's God

SO you're just another salvation by FAITH + our contribution of "good works" heretic, then.

Is that what you got out of these words of Scripture?

You testify against yourself and reject Scripture when it does not tickle your itching ears.

IF we WALK in the light as He is in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

Bob Carabbio

Is that what you got out of these words of Scripture?

You testify against yourself and reject Scripture when it does not tickle your itching ears.

Eph 2:8,9 is Scripture that you obviously reject.

Bob Carabbio

That's not what it says.

Your response to this Bible verse is quite telling wouldn't you say?
Of Course - it TELLS YOU that I know, based on the Word of God, that MY WORKS play no part whatsoever in my personal salvation which exists ONLY because of my FAITH (gifted by God) in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the Cross. THAT, and THAT ALONE makes me PERFECT (with Jesus' perfection) in the sight of God, and led to my immediate Infilling with the Holy Spirit, which makes me a Christian.

Simple as that.

What's YOUR SALVATION (if you're a Christian) based on??

Our Lord's God

Of Course - it TELLS YOU that I know, based on the Word of God, that MY WORKS play no part whatsoever in my personal salvation which exists ONLY because of my FAITH (gifted by God) in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the Cross. THAT, and THAT ALONE makes me PERFECT (with Jesus' perfection) in the sight of God, and led to my immediate Infilling with the Holy Spirit, which makes me a Christian.

Simple as that.

What's YOUR SALVATION (if you're a Christian) based on??

Why this rant of yours in response to the following verse?

Gary Mac

SO - you're no more "Perfect experimentally" than anybody else, obviously.
Experimentally? Receiving from God is not an experiment it is a gif God gives to us all who will receive Him. Your experiments as you deem of yourself and as anyone else isnt reality at all. Only God manifest in you can perfect you in Him,. That isnt an experiment as you think it is obediance to receive from Him. Something you should experiment with. Test the spirits and see which are of God to be like Him by His Spirit.
All you (or anybody else) has is the perfection of Jesus, since God perceives you to be "IN HIM" as a born again Christian (assuming you are one). And if you ARE a Christian, then you're being progressively sanctified as you grow more mature in Him. Same as everybody alse.
Oh no either you are of Christ or you are not. There is no in-between. It isnt a progression at all it is a gift we receive from God. It happens in the twinkling of an eye, old things pass away and all things become new. That hasn't happened in you has it, obviously you are still trying. Progression is of law, receiving from God is static. And all it takes is obediance and receive Him.

Gary Mac

He said he was trying to experiment his way into Gods kingdom.

Bob Carabbio

He said he was trying to experiment his way into Gods kingdom.
And you obviously have no idea what "Experimental" means in the theological sense. It's the difference between positional Perfection (which every Christian has, and Experimental perfection, which improves progressively as a person matures in Christ, but which never will be perfect (since we're human).

Bob Carabbio

I'll take that to mean that you don't know the basis of your "Christianity" - if you are a Christian.

Our Lord's God

And you obviously have no idea what "Experimental" means in the theological sense. It's the difference between positional Perfection (which every Christian has, and Experimental perfection, which improves progressively as a person matures in Christ, but which never will be perfect (since we're human).

Which verse was that?

Gary Mac

AT least I know by identification with the Father that there is only one way to be in Christ and perfected by God Himself and that is to have Gods same Spirit, disposition, anointing, which is Christ in me. That is not a progression, it is through obediance that I receive from God. You cant progress your way into His kingdom, you are trying to work your way in -- either you have received Him as Jesus did or you have not.

Magdalena

The day God came and perfected His Spirit in me. Same way He perfected Jesus in Matt 3:16, he didnt know Gods SPirit or His heaven either until God opened it to him just as He does in us all who has received Him. Only then was Jesus complete, perfected, we are no different. You cant be either until God opens it all up to you.

BTW it isnt in all my ways, it is all in His ways for me. All I can do is obey and receive His ways for my life just as Jesus did. I dont expect you will understand that.
Are you always obedient?

Are you saying Jesus didn’t know who He was until He was baptized?