How Can One Say He is of Christ if You are Not Like Him?

Gary Mac

Are you always obedient?
Cant have His SPirit without obediance.
Are you saying Jesus didn’t know who He was until He was baptized?
No I am saying he didnt know God or His SPirit until God came to him by His Spirit and all of His heaven to that man. We are no different at all. One cant know God without the same manifest in you. Jesus was not exempt from receiving from God to know Him. Water didnt open God kingdom -- Gods SPirit did. He did the same in Adam and he became like Him as well to know this difference, Gen 3:22, Abraham received the same SPirit, God opened His heaven to Moses on the mountain, Jesus in Matt 3:16, 120 in an upper room and He does the same today in all who will obey and receive Him.

Magdalena

Cant have His SPirit without obediance.

No I am saying he didnt know God or His SPirit until God came to him by His Spirit and all of His heaven to that man. We are no different at all. One cant know God without the same manifest in you. Jesus was not exempt from receiving from God to know Him. Water didnt open God kingdom -- Gods SPirit did. He did the same in Adam and he became like Him as well to know this difference, Gen 3:22, Abraham received the same SPirit, God opened His heaven to Moses on the mountain, Jesus in Matt 3:16, 120 in an upper room and He does the same today in all who will obey and receive Him.
But are you always obedient?

Jesus already knew God when He was a child and went to teach in the temple.

Gary Mac

But are you always obedient?
You cant be of God and not be obedient to Him. Absolutely,
Jesus already knew God when He was a child and went to teach in the temple.
No' he taught the laws of the temple at a young age, he didnt know God or His Spirit until he was about 30 years old. And teaching the law at a young age is not extraordinary I hade youth in my class at that age who could teach the law as well as any seasoned preacher, and many times better for their child like faith.

It takes God by His SPirit Himself to open all of His heaven that is not of law but is of Spirit so obvious in Matt 3:16. Religious folk do not believe Matt 3:16. .

Magdalena

You cant be of God and not be obedient to Him. Absolutely,

No' he taught the laws of the temple at a young age, he didnt know God or His Spirit until he was about 30 years old. And teaching the law at a young age is not extraordinary I hade youth in my class at that age who could teach the law as well as any seasoned preacher, and many times better for their child like faith.

It takes God by His SPirit Himself to open all of His heaven that is not of law but is of Spirit so obvious in Matt 3:16. Religious folk do not believe Matt 3:16. .
No one is perfectly obedient. Not me, not you.

Jesus knew who He was. He knew God, and knew God was His literal Father. “And He said to them, “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?” ~ Luke 2:49

Gary Mac

No one is perfectly obedient. Not me, not you.
Then you have never been obedient to receive Him as your own mind to walk as He walks in it. There is a reason Jesus commanded for you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. 1 John is clear that whan you see Him as HE IS ye shall be like Him.

The reason people cant be obedient to Him is because they are not obedient to Him in the first place from lack in being thorough in repentance.
Jesus knew who He was. He knew God, and knew God was His literal Father. “And He said to them, “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?” ~ Luke 2:49
You dont get it. He was of the law, he knew God by the law that says who God is, he taught it in his fathers house the temple. You can teach the laws that says God is this and that but that is not the same thing as knowing God and only about knowing OF God.
As long as you are not born of God, born again with God manifest in you there is no way you cane be perfected in Him. 1 John 3:9 those who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin. If it is possible for you to be a sinner then think about who you are of for verse 8 tells clearly who you are of.

Knowing about God and teaching those laws anyone can do just as Jesus did, and actually receiving from God where He is manifest oin you where you become like Him to know this difference is not the same thing at all. Even Adam received from God to know this difference, Gen 3:22.

In John 17 Jesus prayed to his God for you for God to be in you and you be in Him as one just as he was in the Father and the Father was in him as one. That hasn't happened in you has it? Think about why and the reason that you are not perfected in the Father. Obediance and even Jesus had to learn that lesson for God to manifest Himself in him SO SO obvious in Matt 3:16. . Te same thing is what is missing in your understanding of God.

You are not going to understand this but when Jesus took his disciples up on the mountain to pray he made a simple but profound statement he said watch WITH me, not for me. Most are looking for Him and dictating to God by their own laws the have established for their belief systems where God is void to do anything in them. God cant perfect you and you dont even know why He cant.

Gary Mac

What if God really did send people like Jesus as messenger by example for what it is for you to be in Him and He in you as one as Jesus prayed to his God for you to be in John 17 and to walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect?

Magdalena

Then you have never been obedient to receive Him as your own mind to walk as He walks in it. There is a reason Jesus commanded for you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. 1 John is clear that whan you see Him as HE IS ye shall be like Him.

The reason people cant be obedient to Him is because they are not obedient to Him in the first place from lack in being thorough in repentance.

You dont get it. He was of the law, he knew God by the law that says who God is, he taught it in his fathers house the temple. You can teach the laws that says God is this and that but that is not the same thing as knowing God and only about knowing OF God.
As long as you are not born of God, born again with God manifest in you there is no way you cane be perfected in Him. 1 John 3:9 those who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin. If it is possible for you to be a sinner then think about who you are of for verse 8 tells clearly who you are of.

Knowing about God and teaching those laws anyone can do just as Jesus did, and actually receiving from God where He is manifest oin you where you become like Him to know this difference is not the same thing at all. Even Adam received from God to know this difference, Gen 3:22.

In John 17 Jesus prayed to his God for you for God to be in you and you be in Him as one just as he was in the Father and the Father was in him as one. That hasn't happened in you has it? Think about why and the reason that you are not perfected in the Father. Obediance and even Jesus had to learn that lesson for God to manifest Himself in him SO SO obvious in Matt 3:16. . Te same thing is what is missing in your understanding of God.

You are not going to understand this but when Jesus took his disciples up on the mountain to pray he made a simple but profound statement he said watch WITH me, not for me. Most are looking for Him and dictating to God by their own laws the have established for their belief systems where God is void to do anything in them. God cant perfect you and you dont even know why He cant.
I‘m human. I can’t always be perfect, no matter how hard I try. Christ knew that. It’s why He died for me, and you.

If you’re claiming that you never do, or say, or think anything that isn’t perfect, you’re not living in reality, or humility.

We are “perfected” in the Father thru Christ and the Holy Spirit, as a means to get back to Him, since no unclean thing can be in His presence. Christ paid the price. He opened the way. But that doesn’t mean we are always in perfect obedience here now.

Your incorrect judgment of me is evidence of that.

Being born again makes us His. His spirit guides our lives. It turns our hearts towards wanting to be like Him, and following His words, and treating others with compassion. His gift and our belief in Him give us eternal life with God.

Jesus has always been God. Even in a human body.

Gary Mac

I‘m human. I can’t always be perfect, no matter how hard I try. Christ knew that. It’s why He died for me, and you.
You are correct, no matter how hard you try, that is why we receive from God His perfect Spirit that is not an effort but a gift we receive His perfections to have His same mind.
If you’re claiming that you never do, or say, or think anything that isn’t perfect, you’re not living in reality, or humility.
If Gods SPirit is anything but perfect for you then I agree, you are not living in the reality of His perfect Spirit as your own disposition. You act as if Jesus lied when he commanded that ye be ye therefore prefect even as your Father in haven is perfect. He isnt your Father is he or you would have His perfections as your own disposition.
We are “perfected” in the Father thru Christ and the Holy Spirit, as a means to get back to Him, since no unclean thing can be in His presence. Christ paid the price. He opened the way. But that doesn’t mean we are always in perfect obedience here now.
No it isnt by means to get back to Him at all, it is Him manifest in you by His SPirit that makes you like Him and in His same image. the means to get back to Him is through obediance and even Jesus had to learn this lesson.
Your incorrect judgment of me is evidence of that.
All I can do is compare what you say of yourself with what jesus said of himself and who you would be like him if you had from the Father that what he had from Him. John 17.
Being born again makes us His. His spirit guides our lives. It turns our hearts towards wanting to be like Him, and following His words, and treating others with compassion. His gift and our belief in Him give us eternal life with God.
Being born again makes us like Him, same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light, same Spirit, same disposition, same image of God that He creates us in by His SPirit be our own spirit. . And it doesnt turn our hearts toward wanting to be like Him, it makes us exactly as He is. that is a gioft and not an effort as you are trying to be ion him by your own merits. And His word becomes written ion your heart not on a page of paper for law. His gift does give us eternal life but is it not a belief, one can believe anything about God but the manifestation of Him in you is not a belief at all but reality of Him manifest in you,
Jesus has always been God. Even in a human body.
Jesus never was a god at all, God sent that man as teacher of the way to the Father for yourself. God did not send an idol for worship he sent an example for you to follow in His way for who you are supposed to be like him in the Father yourself. Walk as He walks in His same light, same mind, same SPirit, holy, pure, righteous and without sin. Sadly not many follow the teacher but in their own belief systems has mad flesh a god for flesh is all they can relate to in a god and cant relate to the God Who is a SPirit and man is the temple of Him just as jesus was the temple of Him. I and the Father are one He in me and I in Him are one just as Jesus was one in Him. See Jesus prayer to his God for us to be ibn John 17. But again not many listen to Jesus they have their own beliefs for a god.

read Matt 3:16, Jesus didnt even know God or His SPirit until God came to him by His Spirit and opened all of His heaven to that man just as He does in us all who receives from Him the same Spirit. But I suspect that you will not believe Matt 3:16 that God actually did come to Jesus and open all of His heaven to that man.

Magdalena

You are correct, no matter how hard you try, that is why we receive from God His perfect Spirit that is not an effort but a gift we receive His perfections to have His same mind.

If Gods SPirit is anything but perfect for you then I agree, you are not living in the reality of His perfect Spirit as your own disposition. You act as if Jesus lied when he commanded that ye be ye therefore prefect even as your Father in haven is perfect. He isnt your Father is he or you would have His perfections as your own disposition.

No it isnt by means to get back to Him at all, it is Him manifest in you by His SPirit that makes you like Him and in His same image. the means to get back to Him is through obediance and even Jesus had to learn this lesson.

All I can do is compare what you say of yourself with what jesus said of himself and who you would be like him if you had from the Father that what he had from Him. John 17.

Being born again makes us like Him, same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light, same Spirit, same disposition, same image of God that He creates us in by His SPirit be our own spirit. . And it doesnt turn our hearts toward wanting to be like Him, it makes us exactly as He is. that is a gioft and not an effort as you are trying to be ion him by your own merits. And His word becomes written ion your heart not on a page of paper for law. His gift does give us eternal life but is it not a belief, one can believe anything about God but the manifestation of Him in you is not a belief at all but reality of Him manifest in you,

Jesus never was a god at all, God sent that man as teacher of the way to the Father for yourself. God did not send an idol for worship he sent an example for you to follow in His way for who you are supposed to be like him in the Father yourself. Walk as He walks in His same light, same mind, same SPirit, holy, pure, righteous and without sin. Sadly not many follow the teacher but in their own belief systems has mad flesh a god for flesh is all they can relate to in a god and cant relate to the God Who is a SPirit and man is the temple of Him just as jesus was the temple of Him. I and the Father are one He in me and I in Him are one just as Jesus was one in Him. See Jesus prayer to his God for us to be ibn John 17. But again not many listen to Jesus they have their own beliefs for a god.

read Matt 3:16, Jesus didnt even know God or His SPirit until God came to him by His Spirit and opened all of His heaven to that man just as He does in us all who receives from Him the same Spirit. But I suspect that you will not believe Matt 3:16 that God actually did come to Jesus and open all of His heaven to that man.
Do you know any other perfect people in the world, or is it just you?

Jesus was not just a teacher. He is the Son of God and our Redeemer. Prophets foretold it. Mary and Joseph knew who He was. The angel told them He would be Immanuel, which means ‘God among us.‘ The wise men knew it, and worshipped Him. Even Herod knew it, and killed all of the boys out of fear. Christ knew who He was and who His real Father was before He was 12. John the Baptist knew it, and felt unworthy of baptizing Him. Jesus said He was fulfilling prophecy.

You can take a verse out of context, like Matt 3:16, and make it mean whatever you want. But read the whole book. Read all the prophecies in the Old Testament. Read what Christ said.

After He was baptized, the Spirit of God came to Him like a dove. And the voice of God announced Him to the world, not to himself... “This is my Son, whom I love and in Him I am well pleased.” That was the start of Christ’s three year mission. But He already knew who He was and why He was there. He was already perfect. He was already God.

When Satan tempted Him, in Chapter 4, Jesus told him not to tempt the “Lord your God.”

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.”

You put your eternal life in peril by thinking of Christ as just a “man” or “teacher,” as you stated.

Gary Mac

Do you know any other perfect people in the world, or is it just you?

Jesus was not just a teacher. He is the Son of God and our Redeemer. Prophets foretold it. Mary and Joseph knew who He was. The angel told them He would be Immanuel, which means ‘God among us.‘ The wise men knew it, and worshipped Him. Even Herod knew it, and killed all of the boys out of fear. Christ knew who He was and who His real Father was before He was 12. John the Baptist knew it, and felt unworthy of baptizing Him. Jesus said He was fulfilling prophecy.

You can take a verse out of context, like Matt 3:16, and make it mean whatever you want. But read the whole book. Read all the prophecies in the Old Testament. Read what Christ said.

After He was baptized, the Spirit of God came to Him like a dove. And the voice of God announced Him to the world, not to himself... “This is my Son, whom I love and in Him I am well pleased.” That was the start of Christ’s three year mission. But He already knew who He was and why He was there. He was already perfect. He was already God.

When Satan tempted Him, in Chapter 4, Jesus told him not to tempt the “Lord your God.”

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.”

You put your eternal life in peril by thinking of Christ as just a “man” or “teacher,” as you stated.
Everyone who is of Christ, anointed of God is perfect in the Father. We have His same mind, same SPirit, we walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect.

And just as with Jesus all are sons of God who is born of God. Same SPirit who came to Mary is the same SPirit who came to Jesus the same and opened all of His heaven to that man, see Matt 3:16, and He does the same in us all receives His same SPirit.

Jesus never was a god, God didnt send him as an object for worship an idol, God sent Jesus to show you the way to Him by example. You just dont follow Gods example to be that person of Christ anointed of God yourself is all.

And you are tempting God with your own religious beliefs that He may obey you in your beliefs and laws you have established to regulate Him instead of receiving form Him that what Jesus received from Him, Mary received from Him, Abraham, Moses 120 received from Him is the same SPirit in all of these and all today who has received Him no matter what you think in your laws that regulate your god to obey you.

And Christ is not a man at all, Christ is the disposition of the man who is anointed of God, Gods anointed, you are supposed to have His same anointing, Christ in you. But because religious beliefs will not allow God to anoint you with His SPirit, you have made Christ a man, and idol for worship instead of having that renewal of mind that comes by His anointing. Born again, born of God to become like Him and in His same image.

Yo0u take a few scriptures and make them what you would have them say is all. Matt 3:16 oput of context? LOL We all can read what it says in that event.

Magdalena

Everyone who is of Christ, anointed of God is perfect in the Father. We have His same mind, same SPirit, we walk as He walks in His same light, perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect.

And just as with Jesus all are sons of God who is born of God. Same SPirit who came to Mary is the same SPirit who came to Jesus the same and opened all of His heaven to that man, see Matt 3:16, and He does the same in us all receives His same SPirit.

Jesus never was a god, God didnt send him as an object for worship an idol, God sent Jesus to show you the way to Him by example. You just dont follow Gods example to be that person of Christ anointed of God yourself is all.

And you are tempting God with your own religious beliefs that He may obey you in your beliefs and laws you have established to regulate Him instead of receiving form Him that what Jesus received from Him, Mary received from Him, Abraham, Moses 120 received from Him is the same SPirit in all of these and all today who has received Him no matter what you think in your laws that regulate your god to obey you.

And Christ is not a man at all, Christ is the disposition of the man who is anointed of God, Gods anointed, you are supposed to have His same anointing, Christ in you. But because religious beliefs will not allow God to anoint you with His SPirit, you have made Christ a man, and idol for worship instead of having that renewal of mind that comes by His anointing. Born again, born of God to become like Him and in His same image.

Yo0u take a few scriptures and make them what you would have them say is all. Matt 3:16 oput of context? LOL We all can read what it says in that event.
Have you ever felt angry with anyone? Have you ever lied? Have you ever not done something you should have done? Have you ever repented?

Gary Mac

Have you ever felt angry with anyone?
Anger? At least I didnt go into the church and turn over tables and chairs and make a whip and drive the people out. Is that what you mean as anger? That is more in the category of rage, physical assault. I never have experienced that kind of anger. Have you
Have you ever lied?
I lied all the time before I received Gods SPirit as Jesus did.
Have you ever not done something you should have done?
I did before I met God. after I obeyed Him.
Have you ever repented?
A long time ago.

How about you have you repented from yourself to become perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect? The problem seems to be by your questions that you have not been complete in repentance to become like Him. Most confess their sins but never repent of them where God takes away the sins of this world from you.

You havent repented and is still the sinner arent you? See 1 John 3:8 it tells clearly who you are of if you are the sinner, V 9 tells who you are if you are born of God an impossible to be in sin.

Yes I did repent and became like Him and in His same image as He demands of us. Seems you have a problem with that?

Magdalena

Anger? At least I didnt go into the church and turn over tables and chairs and make a whip and drive the people out. Is that what you mean as anger? That is more in the category of rage, physical assault. I never have experienced that kind of anger. Have you

I lied all the time before I received Gods SPirit as Jesus did.

I did before I met God. after I obeyed Him.

A long time ago.

How about you have you repented from yourself to become perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect? The problem seems to be by your questions that you have not been complete in repentance to become like Him. Most confess their sins but never repent of them where God takes away the sins of this world from you.

You havent repented and is still the sinner arent you? See 1 John 3:8 it tells clearly who you are of if you are the sinner, V 9 tells who you are if you are born of God an impossible to be in sin.

Yes I did repent and became like Him and in His same image as He demands of us. Seems you have a problem with that?
In general, I try to stay away from people who say they’re perfect. In my experience, they can be some of the most hurtful.

Growing up in mormonism, I had enough of people claiming to be gods, or prophets, who could do no wrong. Without a conscience, or any humility, they think everything they do is righteous. It’s often a cover for committing abuses of some kind. Verbal, physical or otherwise.

civic

The day God came and perfected His Spirit in me. Same way He perfected Jesus in Matt 3:16, he didnt know Gods SPirit or His heaven either until God opened it to him just as He does in us all who has received Him. Only then was Jesus complete, perfected, we are no different. You cant be either until God opens it all up to you.
Blasphemy

Gary Mac

In general, I try to stay away from people who say they’re perfect. In my experience, they can be some of the most hurtful.
That should make you wonder why Jesus commanded of us to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Think about why you are skeptical of Jesus command that you be?
Growing up in Mormonism, I had enough of people claiming to be gods, or prophets, who could do no wrong. Without a conscience, or any humility, they think everything they do is righteous. It’s often a cover for committing abuses of some kind. Verbal, physical or otherwise.
I agree. If one is not as Jesus was in the Father and walks as He walks in His same light as Jesus did and have the mind of God by His SPirit then one is not of God at all. But Catholic, Baptists, Methodists, Muslims, COCs, AOGs you name it all have their own beliefs and laws to govern their beliefs just as the Mormons do just different belief systems governd by their laws to regulate that belief.

A Christian is Christ like and walk as He walks in it. It isnt hard to see who is of Christ and who isnt, all you have to do is compare their lifes with the one Jesus lived in the Father for the same signs will follow them that followed Jesus.

And if one has from God that what Jesus had from Him, see Matt3:16, one cant help but walk in His perfections for He makes us in His same image by His same SPirit be our own mind. Anything less than being like Him is not of God at all no matte who you are.

See Jesus prayer to his God for Him to be in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him in John 17, read the whole chapter it is a prayer to his God for us.

civic

Jesus is God and real believers pray to Him.

John 14:14
"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Acts 1:24-26
And they prayed and said, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen 25to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place." 26And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell to Matthias; and he was added to the eleven apostles

Acts 7:55-60
But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. 58When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:22
"Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you

Acts 10:2-4

and prayed to God continually. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had just come in to him, and said to him, "Cornelius!" 4 And fixing his gaze upon him and being much alarmed, he said, "What is it, Lord?" And he said to him, "Your prayers and alms have ascended as a memorial before God.

1 Cor 1:2

To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ — their Lord and ours:

2 Cor 12:8-10
Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 1:1-8
James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.
2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,8being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

next...............

Gary Mac

Jesus is God and real believers pray to Him.

John 14:14
"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Acts 1:24-26
And they prayed and said, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen 25to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place." 26And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell to Matthias; and he was added to the eleven apostles

Acts 7:55-60
But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. 58When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:22
"Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you

Acts 10:2-4

and prayed to God continually. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had just come in to him, and said to him, "Cornelius!" 4 And fixing his gaze upon him and being much alarmed, he said, "What is it, Lord?" And he said to him, "Your prayers and alms have ascended as a memorial before God.

1 Cor 1:2

To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ — their Lord and ours:

2 Cor 12:8-10
Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 1:1-8
James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.
2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,8being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

next...............
The same one Jesus prayed to and obeyed and called Him Farther.

civic

The same one Jesus prayed to and obeyed and called Him Farther.
I quoted where Jesus is prayed to by Jews because He is God otherwise it would be idolatry for a Jew to worship a man.

And that ends the debate.

Game, set and match !

hope this helps !!!

Gary Mac

I quoted where Jesus is prayed to by Jews because He is God otherwise it would be idolatry for a Jew to worship a man.

And that ends the debate.

Game, set and match !

hope this helps !!!
One could pray to Buddha, Mohamad,, or any other man and make him a god. Greeks were notorious for this very thing, so are Christians.

I do not follow the way of Paul in his doctrine -- it is better for me to follow the way of Jesus in his.

Try relating to the One Jesus prayed to -- then game over. Hope that helps.

Magdalena

That should make you wonder why Jesus commanded of us to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Think about why you are skeptical of Jesus command that you be?

I agree. If one is not as Jesus was in the Father and walks as He walks in His same light as Jesus did and have the mind of God by His SPirit then one is not of God at all. But Catholic, Baptists, Methodists, Muslims, COCs, AOGs you name it all have their own beliefs and laws to govern their beliefs just as the Mormons do just different belief systems governd by their laws to regulate that belief.

A Christian is Christ like and walk as He walks in it. It isnt hard to see who is of Christ and who isnt, all you have to do is compare their lifes with the one Jesus lived in the Father for the same signs will follow them that followed Jesus.

And if one has from God that what Jesus had from Him, see Matt3:16, one cant help but walk in His perfections for He makes us in His same image by His same SPirit be our own mind. Anything less than being like Him is not of God at all no matte who you are.

See Jesus prayer to his God for Him to be in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him in John 17, read the whole chapter it is a prayer to his God for us.
Narcissism doesn’t see imperfections in itself. There is help for that. Good luck.