How Can One Say You Are of Christ if You Are Not Like Him?

Paul mentioned something about this.

Those that do not comply become a law unto themselves.

Seriously, I think the HS and all this religion thingy was so post to be for "their church" / ecclesia.

I was baptized filled, but I was never part of them.

and no ..... I do not want to be a law unto myself.

But I cannot be them .... for them I am dead, never to be never to live.
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. (Rom 2:12-16)

Those that do not have the Law (Old Testament) but keep the Law without knowing it are a different subject. But they will still be judged by God, despite having an apparent advantage over those (the Jews directly, but virtually all Christians today as well) who do not know the Law from the Bible. I'll admit this one is a passage that I haven't gotten my head around despite having studied it a number of times in the past. Mainly because it doesn't apply to me or anyone I've met who says they are Christian I think, so it isn't applicable.

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. (Rom 2:12-16)

Those that do not have the Law (Old Testament) but keep the Law without knowing it are a different subject. But they will still be judged by God, despite having an apparent advantage over those (the Jews directly, but virtually all Christians today as well) who do not know the Law from the Bible. I'll admit this one is a passage that I haven't gotten my head around despite having studied it a number of times in the past. Mainly because it doesn't apply to me or anyone I've met who says they are Christian I think, so it isn't applicable.

Not sure about that.

Who was Paul talking too.

IMO ... both the Jew's and the gentiles.

But Paul was the prince of no ever mattering.

I'll admit this one is a passage that I haven't gotten my head around despite having studied it a number of times in the past.

try to listen to the confusion in yourself... a good thing to notice - in yourself. it is the
Spirit that leads into all truth (not the letter/ words always) - and kinds of thinking that can help understand better... but so can confusion... and not knowing why the confusion.

try to listen to the confusion in yourself... a good thing to notice - in yourself. it is the
Spirit that leads into all truth (not the letter/ words always) - and kinds of thinking that can help understand better... but so can confusion... and not knowing why the confusion.
What has the Spirit shown you this week? Anything you actually learned such that you can even remember?

I doubt it. You are just another guy claiming some sort of action which you are just making up to sound "spiritual."

Did I correctly describe it?

no, it was a thought I thought of to add to the convo. this is a discussion board.

I was responding to your post.
In other words, The Spirit has not shown you anything this week. If He had, you would be full of joy, and eager to give God the Glory for it.

But, you have nothing.

Gary .....

It was so post to be the foundation built on the apostles and prophets.

Not a new Pentecost.

They tend to want to re-file.
So you are pentecostal? Seem you are trying to re-file.

And actually the foundation is built on Christy, not the apostles, all they could do was give opinions, the real truth comes from God Himself be your own mind, or Spirit it is called.

Many say they are Christian and follow the way of Jesus but actually flat out deny his teachings to be exactly like Him in the Father, perfect as He is perfect as Christ is without sin and as Jesus was.

One doesnt know he is confused until the one receives from God the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. Jesus was confused about Him as well until God came to him and opened up who He is and all of His heaven to that man. We are no different from the same at all.

If one is not like the Father of it and in His same image , same mind, same walk as He walks in it, and without that one cant see his confusion at all for God Himself opens up all His truths in man. Sadly few who will receive Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

What has the Spirit shown you this week? Anything you actually learned such that you can even remember?

I doubt it. You are just another guy claiming some sort of action which you are just making up to sound "spiritual."

Did I correctly describe it?
Only because you cant understand there other doesnt mean the other is wrong, it only means you dont have the same knowledge for understanding. He is right, you are confused and cant recognize your confusion. But God can open up all of His heaven to you where noting is hidden that was hidden.

In other words, The Spirit has not shown you anything this week. If He had, you would be full of joy, and eager to give God the Glory for it.

But, you have nothing.
Gods spirit this week has shown me by your own words that you dont know what you are talking about concerning the ways of God to be like Him.

Many say they are Christian and follow the way of Jesus but actually flat out deny his teachings to be exactly like Him in the Father, perfect as He is perfect as Christ is without sin and as Jesus was.
Jesus was without sin under the Law. Do you also claim to be without sin under the Law?
If your answer is in the affirmative, then you claim to be equal to God and just as valid a way to God as Jesus was.

It is not confusion, it is simply something that I do not need to understand the entirety of. When you ask God for wisdom, He grants it, even it if it is sometimes the wisdom of not needing to know that now.
What that post means is that I cannot expound on it fully and that I have learned to listen to that which tells me to go elsewhere.

Not sure about that.

Who was Paul talking too.

IMO ... both the Jew's and the gentiles.

But Paul was the prince of no ever mattering.
In this case, from the context of the chapter, the passage is mainly addressing Jews with the heavy emphasis on the Law.

The teaching in Romans 2 is clear enough, I'm just not absolutely sure what that aside in verses 13-15 means. I can speak to it in the context of the entire passage, but there is some reason that aside was there I'm unclear on.

Not sure what you mean by your last sentence.

Jesus was without sin under the Law. Do you also claim to be without sin under the Law?
Oh NO! Jesus was convicted for blaspheme because of the laws of those temples. He was innocent by Spirit, not law, the law condemns, Gods Spirit doesnt condemn. You dont know a lot about Gods Spirit and how He works do you?
If your answer is in the affirmative, then you claim to be equal to God and just as valid a way to God as Jesus was.
God demands we be equal with Him, Jesus even prayed to his God for Him to be in me and I be in Him as one, just as Jesus was one in Him and He was in Jesus as one. See Jesus prayer to his God for you to be as well in John 17.

Gods demand is we have His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it, perfect even as He is perfect, holy pure and without sin.

That is the way of the God Jesus prayed to and obeyed and called Father and sent him to show you what it is to have the same in yourself as he had from the Father.

Oh NO! Jesus was convicted for blaspheme because of the laws of those temples. He was innocent by Spirit, not law, the law condemns, Gods Spirit doesnt condemn. You dont know a lot about Gods Spirit and how He works do you?

God demands we be equal with Him, Jesus even prayed to his God for Him to be in me and I be in Him as one, just as Jesus was one in Him and He was in Jesus as one. See Jesus prayer to his God for you to be as well in John 17.

Gods demand is we have His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it, perfect even as He is perfect, holy pure and without sin.

That is the way of the God Jesus prayed to and obeyed and called Father and sent him to show you what it is to have the same in yourself as he had from the Father.
Yep, false doctrines that are based in a (mis)reading of Scripture. What you are preaching is not Biblical Christianity, but something more akin to one of the various groups that claim to be Christian, but aren't.

Yep, false doctrines that are based in a (mis)reading of Scripture. What you are preaching is not Biblical Christianity, but something more akin to one of the various groups that claim to be Christian, but aren't.
Well from what my book says I am to be like the Father of it. Have His same mind, walk in it as He walks in it, perfect as He is perfect, same everything He is.

You can say that isn't biblical because Spiritually the Bible is discerned and seems that is what you are lacking and do not understand the spiritual aspect that comes by having the mind of the Father as He demands of us if we are to understand Him in His for us to be like Him.

False doctrine? That is exactly why His way is unbiblical Christianity for you. You are assuming yourself to be in a certain condition that you never have been in and like the Father of it as He demands of us to be like Him and walk in it as He walks in it.

Christianity for you is what you have made of it from and creed to a mind that spiritually is asleep. You cant understand what the book says at all least you do have the mind, Spirit, of the Author of it to be like Him. And that to you is not biblical Christianity as your laws for Christ dictate.

Gods word is not written on stone nor a page of paper, His word is written in the hearts of those who has received God and Him manifest in us. And because you see it as not biblical you creed to another beliefs system aside from Him to think in His terms for His life.

I see. The Spirit is a very careful Person.
The Spirit is a very careful person? The Spirit is not a person at all, the Spirit is the disposition, the mind, of the person who is anointed of God by having His same mind, Spirit. Spirit doesnt have flesh and bone as you see me.

Back