How Can One Say You Are of Christ if You Are Not Like Him?

This "old man" never lived.

deal with that.

If you are able.
No Scripture states the Old Man ceases to exist before Glorification. Hope this helps.

but are babies old...

or very new...

very young, very true?

not yet lost, not yet blue (sad)

rather cool

but in need of you?

NET Bible
and said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn around and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven!

Contemporary English Version
Then he said: I promise you this. If you don't change and become like a child, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven.

but are babies old...

or very new...

very young, very true?

not yet lost, not yet blue (sad)

rather cool

but in need of you?

NET Bible
and said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn around and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven!

Contemporary English Version
Then he said: I promise you this. If you don't change and become like a child, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven.
And he said in Luke 17:20-21 -- The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation it is within you. Learning this comes only by unlearning everything man has taught you about God and learn everything anew concerning God and His kingdom, His heaven, the place God resides and man is the temple of Him where God Himself is manifest in you and the teacher of His way directly from Him.

Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you.

Not many actually listen to Jesus do they, and go to God for themselves for information and they listen to mans opinions about their gods instead.

So you are pentecostal? Seem you are trying to re-file.

And actually the foundation is built on Christy, not the apostles, all they could do was give opinions, the real truth comes from God Himself be your own mind, or Spirit it is called.

NO .......

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. (Rom 2:12-16)

Those that do not have the Law (Old Testament) but keep the Law without knowing it are a different subject. But they will still be judged by God, despite having an apparent advantage over those (the Jews directly, but virtually all Christians today as well) who do not know the Law from the Bible. I'll admit this one is a passage that I haven't gotten my head around despite having studied it a number of times in the past. Mainly because it doesn't apply to me or anyone I've met who says they are Christian I think, so it isn't applicable.

That is why I said Paul is the king of no one mattering.

He wraps every one up into not mattering through his gospel.

And he said in Luke 17:20-21 -- The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation it is within you. Learning this comes only by unlearning everything man has taught you about God and learn everything anew concerning God and His kingdom, His heaven, the place God resides and man is the temple of Him where God Himself is manifest in you and the teacher of His way directly from Him.

Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you.

Not many actually listen to Jesus do they, and go to God for themselves for information and they listen to mans opinions about their gods instead.
Yes we know for a FACT that Gary does not listen to Jesus in John 8:58, where He said He is the " I AM " ( God not god, Gary ) of Exodus 3:14 in order to have personally known Abraham ( Abram ) before Abraham was born! That's because He " was God " the Word in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate as Jesus Christ the God-Man ) in John 1:14! That's also why God His Father calls Him " O God " in Hebrews 1:8, just after all of His angels that He ( Precarnate - Jesus Christ ) created ( as per John 1:3/ Col.1:16 ), worshiped Him in Hebrews 1:6, Gary! So case closed on Gary's twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of all these AS IS posted scriptures, by telling us that the real Jesus Christ is just a man ONLY ( the Flesh of John 1:14 ), and not God the Word of John 1:1 also or God in the Flesh ( God-Man )!

Well from what my book says I am to be like the Father of it. Have His same mind, walk in it as He walks in it, perfect as He is perfect, same everything He is.

You can say that isn't biblical because Spiritually the Bible is discerned and seems that is what you are lacking and do not understand the spiritual aspect that comes by having the mind of the Father as He demands of us if we are to understand Him in His for us to be like Him.

False doctrine? That is exactly why His way is unbiblical Christianity for you. You are assuming yourself to be in a certain condition that you never have been in and like the Father of it as He demands of us to be like Him and walk in it as He walks in it.

Christianity for you is what you have made of it from and creed to a mind that spiritually is asleep. You cant understand what the book says at all least you do have the mind, Spirit, of the Author of it to be like Him. And that to you is not biblical Christianity as your laws for Christ dictate.

Gods word is not written on stone nor a page of paper, His word is written in the hearts of those who has received God and Him manifest in us. And because you see it as not biblical you creed to another beliefs system aside from Him to think in His terms for His life.
The foundation of Christianity comes from the inspired Word He gave to us. Anything that does not agree with that Word, is not Christian, but some other belief system.

The simple refutation is that you claim to have the mind of God, that your finite little brain can contain the infinite omniscience of the Creator of the universe. Not possible, especially since you would have obviously known that and not made such a silly claim if you had the omniscience of God.

If God demanded perfection from His human children, then there would have been no need for the atonement provided by Jesus nor the mediation of the Spirit.

No mystical claptrap claiming special messages from your special "spirit" changes these facts. Instead, I see Eastern mysticism that is not taught in the Bible. Sure, you can quote bits and pieces and claim they are your source, but the Bible is an encyclopedic work, so large and covering so many topics that taking them out of context can be used to prove spurious doctrines. You admit that by outright denying the authority of the Bible with your last line dismissing it in favor of supposed "spirit led" teaching.

The Bible commands you to test those spirits to see if they are of God and one of the key tests is that they will not deny nor contradict the teachings of Scripture. Whatever you are following does.

That is why I said Paul is the king of no one mattering.

He wraps every one up into not mattering through his gospel.
That is an interesting point of view if I understand it correctly, but I fail to see how Paul teaches that no one matters or that what he was inspired to write doesn't matter.

And, out of context. The Pharisees were demanding from Jesus the of the coming of the kingdom of God:
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:20-21)

A rather common request because everyone wants to know "when" so they know when to "act right". They were also asking about the temporal kingdom, which was not the focus of Jesus' teaching then or now. That is for the future and there are a number of Bible citations that can be made for the need to be ready at all times for the coming of His kingdom.

It is not some kind of "we don't need the Bible, because some "spirit" will teach us the "right way" to find God", that is a definite out of context (mis)interpretation of what the Bible teaches.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

The opinions of men can be compared to the teachings of Scripture whereby the truth of their teachings can be found to be true or false. There is no "special knowledge" from some "spirit" that needs to be found. God is not the author of confusion and claiming to have special knowledge or that God's will is written on the hearts of people with special spirit connections invariably causes confusion, because you guys reject the Bible (rejecting it in part ends up rejecting in total as shown above) and then teach different things, so which one is teaching the truth?
Oh, let's check the Bible... but they all reject the Bible over their "spirit-led" teachings, so there is no standard except their person authori-tie.

That is an interesting point of view if I understand it correctly, but I fail to see how Paul teaches that no one matters or that what he was inspired to write doesn't matter.

Never said what Paul wrote did not matter.

What I was saying was that it mattered so much, to Paul, that he claimed no one could be.

Except for Christ .... through "his gospel".

He effectually tried to put everyone under judgement through "his gospel".

As a matter of course .... people do tend to procreate.

So, the claim tends toward being rather specious.

Last edited:
Never said what Paul wrote did not matter.

What I was saying was that it mattered so much, to Paul, that he claimed no one could be.

Except for Christ .... through "his gospel".

He effectually tried to put everyone under judgement through "his gospel".

As a matter of course .... people do tend to procreate.

So, the claim tends toward being rather specious.
Basic Christian essential: There is no salvation except through Christ and no amount of works can save you. I don't see how this one puts anyone under judgement except by the standard given. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Yes we know for a FACT that Gary does not listen to Jesus in John 8:58, where He said He is the " I AM " ( God not god, Gary ) of Exodus 3:14 in order to have personally known Abraham ( Abram ) before Abraham was born! That's because He " was God " the Word in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate as Jesus Christ the God-Man ) in John 1:14! That's also why God His Father calls Him " O God " in Hebrews 1:8, just after all of His angels that He ( Precarnate - Jesus Christ ) created ( as per John 1:3/ Col.1:16 ), worshiped Him in Hebrews 1:6, Gary! So case closed on Gary's twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of all these AS IS posted scriptures, by telling us that the real Jesus Christ is just a man ONLY ( the Flesh of John 1:14 ), and not God the Word of John 1:1 also or God in the Flesh ( God-Man )!
Actually the Jesus you do not know is the one God came to by His Spirit and open up all of His heaven to that man that you read of in Matt 3:16 but do not believe God that He did.

The Jesus you do not know is the one who prayed to his God for you to be like Him as Jesus was like Him in John 17.

The Jesus you do not know is the one GHod sent to show you what it is to be in the Father yourself and a child of God that you refuse to be His son

The Jesus you do not know is the one told you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect that you totally denounce in favor of sin.

The Jesus you do not know is the one who said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you in which you flat out deny him to do so.

The Jesus you do not know said the kingdom fo God doesnt come with observation but is within you Luke 17:20-21 and do not believe him at all. You are looking for a physical man as a god and do not know at all that God is a Spirit and Spirit doesnt have flesh and bone as you are seeking a man to come as a god, BTW Which never will happen.

The Jesus you do not know is the one you are supposed to be like and have His same mind, Spirit, from his God to walk as He walks in His same light.

But I do know the one you have formed from your own religious mind, I once was like you and thought Jesus to be god as well until the same God came to me who came to Jesus and opend up Who He is by Spirit and all of His heaven to us.

There is two that you do not know. Jesus and God, you never have been introduced to them. No wait, Im trying to introduce you to them just a sJesus is trying to introduce you to his God.

But I expect you won't even read this and comment in total ignorance for what it says making yourself look even more foolish.

The foundation of Christianity comes from the inspired Word He gave to us. Anything that does not agree with that Word, is not Christian, but some other belief system.
My God came to me by His Spirit way before I read the book. I found out after reading it that the same One came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and did the same. And Moses, Abraham, 120 and others.
The simple refutation is that you claim to have the mind of God, that your finite little brain can contain the infinite omniscience of the Creator of the universe. Not possible, especially since you would have obviously known that and not made such a silly claim if you had the omniscience of God.
No I do not claim to have the mind of God at all, God confirms that I do by the same Spirit be in me who was in Christ Jesus and walk as He walks in His same light.

Only because your limit ability to learn anything new from God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16, and I received the same from Him does not mean that I do not have the mind of Christ for God demands that of me that I do.

Only because you do not know what it is to have the mind of Christ and walk as He walks in His same light and have His same mind doesnt mean that I dont, it only means that you dont is all.
If God demanded perfection from His human children, then there would have been no need for the atonement provided by Jesus nor the mediation of the Spirit.
Atonement is paid for by your life. Giving up your own life, your own ways, and putting on the mind of Christ to walk as He walks in His same light. Without that sacrifice there ids no atonement from God at all. You are the price paid and without that death to that old self, God cant do one thing in you at all.
No mystical claptrap claiming special messages from your special "spirit" changes these facts. Instead, I see Eastern mysticism that is not taught in the Bible. Sure, you can quote bits and pieces and claim they are your source, but the Bible is an encyclopedic work, so large and covering so many topics that taking them out of context can be used to prove spurious doctrines. You admit that by outright denying the authority of the Bible with your last line dismissing it in favor of supposed "spirit led" teaching.
It is clear that God doesnt communicate with you and you cant communicate with Him.

But Jesus was clear that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. You flat out deny Jesus in his ways is the truth here.

BTW God is a Spirit and one must worship Him in the same One be your own mind. Something that your mind clearly rejects from God Himself.
The Bible commands you to test those spirits to see if they are of God and one of the key tests is that they will not deny nor contradict the teachings of Scripture. Whatever you are following does.
You should test them. In that testing it is easy to see if you are like Him and in His same image and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, where the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation but is within you. Luke 17:20-21.

BTW when. -- or should I say ever do -- That you see God as He is ye shall be like Him to. 1 John 3.

You dont have a clue who God is or who Jesus was for sure. You have no communication with Him just as you stated that I cant have the mind only because you do not have the mind of Christ to know what that is to have His same thoughts.

Spiritually you are asleep!

How can you say you are of Christ if you are not like Him anointed of God yourself?

Last edited:
And, out of context. The Pharisees were demanding from Jesus the of the coming of the kingdom of God:

Yes and the same do today looking for a man to come as a god instead of looking for the One who is at your door this day knocking and will come to you and sup with you and be in you. SO yes he is talking to you.
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:20-21)
That is what I just said. You should listen to Jesus.
A rather common request because everyone wants to know "when" so they know when to "act right". They were also asking about the temporal kingdom, which was not the focus of Jesus' teaching then or now. That is for the future and there are a number of Bible citations that can be made for the need to be ready at all times for the coming of His kingdom.

It is not some kind of "we don't need the Bible, because some "spirit" will teach us the "right way" to find God", that is a definite out of context (mis)interpretation of what the Bible teaches.
In that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. You should consider how He communicates with man. He does not communicate with man through books man publishes and edited over and over, He come directly to all who will receive Him. Even Jesus had to go through this process to know God and His heaven in Matt 3:16. We are not exempt,pt from the same as you seem to think we are.

How can you say you are of Christ, anointed of God, if you are not like Him?
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)
Exactly and I am His son, you are supposed to be as well.

You dont even apply the Bible you say that you follow.
The opinions of men can be compared to the teachings of Scripture whereby the truth of their teachings can be found to be true or false.
Yes like Jim Jones and David Koresh used the Bible to quote about their gods didn't they? And to them just as with you they had the truth right?
There is no "special knowledge" from some "spirit" that needs to be found.
Thats is right it is a gift from God to have His same mind and that comes only by His Spirit and no other way.
God is not the author of confusion and claiming to have special knowledge or that God's will is written on the hearts of people with special spirit connections invariably causes confusion, because you guys reject the Bible (rejecting it in part ends up rejecting in total as shown above) and then teach different things, so which one is teaching the truth?
That is right He is not the author of confusion He is the author of straightening out man confusions by His Spirit be in that man who. will receive Him. Something that you should consider of Him that you have His same mind, or Spirit it is called.

But because you reject the Bible and do not recieve from God you have formed your own religious god that he may obey you instead of you obeying the one of the Bible that Jesus leads us to.

When you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him, 1 John 3, but in your current state of religion and deny the Bible for what it says, there is no way you can know what it is to be of God at all and like Him.
Oh, let's check the Bible... but they all reject the Bible over their "spirit-led" teachings, so there is no standard except their person authori-tie.
They as in YOU who has edited it and rewritten into it to suit your own understanding totally void in the ways of God to be perfect as He is , righteous, holy, pure, and without sin, cannot sin because I am born of God. 1 John 3:9. You dont have a clue what you are talking about spiritually from God Himself come to you. Jesus was clear in John 17 that you be as He is as he was like Him which obviously is blaspheme for you. .

Last edited:
Basic Christian essential: There is no salvation except through Christ and no amount of works can save you. I don't see how this one puts anyone under judgement except by the standard given.
Yes and a Christian is exactly like the Father of it, anointed of God by His Spirit, mind to have the same. Christ is Gods anointing, Christ in you is Gods anointing in you just as Jesus was anointed of God no different at all.

If one is different from Him then one doesnt follow the ways of God at all.
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Yes, sinned has an E D at the end of it for we who are born of God, born again, to be like Him instead of self it is impossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9, for we have the mind of Christ just as Jesus had the mind of Christ anointed of God.

He takes away the sins of this world but few who believe that He does for they are of sin instead. See 1 John 3:8 it tells clearly who one is of if he be a sinner instead of Gods righteous.

BTW you never have answered -- what if God really did send Jesus to show you the way to Him?

The way of my God is Jesus Christ to be like the Fathe as he was like the Fathe

The way of your gods is for them to be like you instead.

how do we know this true? if we believe the Bible was written by inspiration of God - through people, given to them.... then why should we limit the inspiration God can give to any person He chooses (yes, you too) at any time He chooses to or would want to?

so, if we want to hear from the Father - to have inspiration of God, to hear from God directly as it were - what is truth - over all Teachers and Preachers and dogma and doctrine Makers of History and today... He will do that? ... if we ask in His name?

Last edited:
The opinions of men can be compared to the teachings of Scripture whereby the truth of their teachings can be found to be true or false. There is no "special knowledge" from some "spirit" that needs to be found. God is not the author of confusion and claiming to have special knowledge or that God's will is written on the hearts of people with special spirit connections invariably causes confusion, because you guys reject the Bible (rejecting it in part ends up rejecting in total as shown above) and then teach different things, so which one is teaching the truth?

there are levels of understanding. and at each level - people can get into errors - because they see in part, and dimly - as the Bible says, through Paul - 1 Cor 13.

but even without Paul - if we do as the Bible says we have to - become as a Child - we can begin to learn - wherever we have stopped learning - due to errors in our thinking, or maybe at a level of understanding in one doctrine or another - and not realizing that it is just a level - not the whole, or as we could understand it - if we continued to learn, continued to seek truth - and want to learn - and learn to - how to learn even - more as children do - with a more open mind and heart and a simplicity of Thought - uncomplicated yet - by the World - or by (as in Religion) - by doctrines and dogmas (of Man/Woman).

Last edited:
Actually the Jesus you do not know is the one God came to by His Spirit and open up all of His heaven to that man that you read of in Matt 3:16 but do not believe God that He did.

The Jesus you do not know is the one who prayed to his God for you to be like Him as Jesus was like Him in John 17.

The Jesus you do not know is the one GHod sent to show you what it is to be in the Father yourself and a child of God that you refuse to be His son

The Jesus you do not know is the one told you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect that you totally denounce in favor of sin.

The Jesus you do not know is the one who said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you in which you flat out deny him to do so.

The Jesus you do not know said the kingdom fo God doesnt come with observation but is within you Luke 17:20-21 and do not believe him at all. You are looking for a physical man as a god and do not know at all that God is a Spirit and Spirit doesnt have flesh and bone as you are seeking a man to come as a god, BTW Which never will happen.

The Jesus you do not know is the one you are supposed to be like and have His same mind, Spirit, from his God to walk as He walks in His same light.

But I do know the one you have formed from your own religious mind, I once was like you and thought Jesus to be god as well until the same God came to me who came to Jesus and opend up Who He is by Spirit and all of His heaven to us.

There is two that you do not know. Jesus and God, you never have been introduced to them. No wait, Im trying to introduce you to them just a sJesus is trying to introduce you to his God.

But I expect you won't even read this and comment in total ignorance for what it says making yourself look even more foolish.
FYI Gary, the REAL Jesus Christ that you do not know is the one who " was God " ( not a god like you & the Jw's say ) the WORD in John 1:1, and He " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit in that exact same verse! Then He ( the WORD ) became " FLESH " ( incarnate ) in verse 14 as the God-Man then called Jesus Christ ( God in the Flesh )! Yes Gary, God the Holy Spirit ( as a Dove ) came upon God the Son ( the Real Jesus Christ - God-Man ) when He got baptized by His cousin JTB! Then the VOICE of God the Father in the 3rd Heaven was heard as He then said " This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased "! The jesus that Gary knows is a counterfeit since Gary says ( man's word ) the Jesus that he follows is just a man ( or a god ), which CLEARLY contradicts GOD's inspired scriptures in John 1:1-18 & 8:58, and Heb.1:6+8! Case closed!

Back