How CARM's Discussion Board is beneficial to a certain type of atheist as well as society in general

stiggy wiggy

Let's suppose you are a shallow thinking atheist with one very feeble one dimensional, Johnny One-Note thought in your head, let's say for example, that due to their belief in the Flood, Christians worship an immoral god.This for some reason makes you very angry, to the point where you decide to make it your life mission to ''eradicate Christianity." How do you go about this mission? You find a Christian website with a discussion board where you are certain you will find many Christians upon whom you hope to demonstrate your eradication skills. You meet with immediate failure, recognizing that your angry screeds are having no eradicatory impact on anyone, but you decide that perhaps mere repetition might do the trick. So for years you bombard the place, stacking sentence upon sentence on top of one another (inexplicably and pretentiously with no punctuation) using the words "purposefully" and "needlessly" over and over regarding the acts of a God in whom you don't believe, while self righteously boasting of your own morality in contrast to His.

But still: No impact. The only thing being eradicated is your attempt at being edgy, as your repetitive and predictable tirades come across about as edgy as a nerf ball.

However, this prolonged ineffectiveness simply increases your initial anger. BUT LET'S LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE! CARM functions as a sounding board, a target for all that pent-up anger. Feeling ticked off about life in general? Instead of kicking your dog or perhaps robbing a convenience store, you can log on here, type "GOD DROWNED BABIES" in caps several times, and feel the wrath ebb away. The dog is safe, your morals are secure, and although your Eradication Score remains zero, your blood pressure decreases considerably, and you are no longer a threat to society.

Thank you, CARM.

Last edited:

5wize

Let's suppose you are a shallow thinking atheist with one very feeble one dimensional, Johnny One-Note thought in your head, let's say for example, that due to their belief in the Flood, Christians worship an immoral god.This for some reason makes you very angry, to the point where you decide to make it your life mission to ''eradicate Christianity." How do you go about this mission? You find a Christian website with a discussion board where you are certain you will find many Christians upon whom you hope to demonstrate your eradication skills. You meet with immediate failure, recognizing that your angry screeds are having no eradicatory impact on anyone, but you decide that perhaps mere repetition might do the trick. So for years you bombard the place, stacking sentence upon sentence on top of one another (inexplicably and pretentiously with no punctuation) using the words "purposefully" and "needlessly" over and over regarding the acts of a God in whom you don't believe, while self righteously boasting of your own morality in contrast to His.

But still: No impact. The only thing being eradicated is your attempt at being edgy, as your repetitive and predictable tirades come across about as edgy as a nerf ball.

However, this prolonged ineffectiveness simply increases your initial anger. BUT LET'S LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE! CARM functions as a sounding board, a target for all that pent-up anger. Feeling ticked off about life in general? Instead of kicking your dog or perhaps robbing a convenience store, you can log on here, type "GOD DROWNED BABIES" in caps several times, and feel the wrath ebb away. The dog is safe, your morals are secure, and although your Eradication Score remains zero, your blood pressure decreases considerably, and you are no longer a threat to society.

Thank you, CARM.
Carm also serves to calm the atheist's diatribe in another way as well. We come here and experience the Christian argument and as a result we no longer see a threat that the message will survive much longer.

stiggy wiggy

Carm also serves to calm the atheist's diatribe in another way as well. We come here and experience the Christian argument and as a result we no longer see a threat that the message will survive much longer.

Yeah, after 2,000 years I'm sure it's fading away. Lol. The funniest thing about that comment is that you either think that after two millennia with billions of extant believers Christianity will either go extinct in your short lifetime, or in the future when you are long dead and as an atheist have to believe that you will have no recognition of its extinction.

Furion

The only thing I see not surviving is you and your angry atheist friends.

The word of God will outlast you, like it has every other little fist shaker out there.

Temujin

Yeah, after 2,000 years I'm sure it's fading away. Lol. The funniest thing about that comment is that you either think that after two millennia with billions of extant believers Christianity will either go extinct in your short lifetime, or in the future when you are long dead and as an atheist have to believe that you will have no recognition of its extinction.
For two millennia humanity has been largely ignorant of how the universe works. A state of ignorance promoted and enhanced by religious institutions. Since the rise of science, religion has been faced with a choice. Accept the facts as established via science or deny them and become irrelevant. The decline of religion is linked to the shrinking areas where science has no definitive answers yet. There will always be people susceptible to myth and superstition, so I cannot see religion disappearing entirely, but it is clearly becoming less relevant to normal people.

docphin5

Unfortunately, for most of those 2,000 years people had no choice so it was a sure win. Since we were allowed freedom to choose (being liberal democracies and all) Christianity orthodoxy is being critically analyzed and found wanting. Christian orthodoxy will not survive on its current path as long as people are free to investigate the facts and choose for themselves.

stiggy wiggy

For two millennia humanity has been largely ignorant of how the universe works. A state of ignorance promoted and enhanced by religious institutions. Since the rise of science, religion has been faced with a choice. Accept the facts as established via science or deny them and become irrelevant. The decline of religion is linked to the shrinking areas where science has no definitive answers yet. There will always be people susceptible to myth and superstition, so I cannot see religion disappearing entirely, but it is clearly becoming less relevant to normal people.

WHOOPS! You forgot to scientifically explain how science has in any way debunked Christianity. Just an oversight I'm sure.

Mr Laurier

What I find most silly is not the bizzare and one dimensional caricature. but the agendas and behaviors attributed to it.
I am more moral that Saruman, the wizard who betrayed all life to join forces with Mordor.
I am more moral than Palpatine, the Sith lord who fooled the Galactic Republic into giving him total power.
The fact is that christians, jews, amd muslims, all worship a god who is simply evil. A god who is obsessed with other people's sex lives. A god who promotes war, conquest, and genocide. A god who endorses slavery. A god who is on par with Palpatine or Saruman.
And still nobody wants to eradicate christianity, although a few reforms might help make it less prone to corrupt leaders.

stiggy wiggy

Unfortunately, for most of those 2,000 years people had no choice so it was a sure win. Since we were allowed freedom to choose (being liberal democracies and all) Christianity orthodoxy is being critically analyzed and found wanting. Christian orthodoxy will not survive on its current path as long as people are free to investigate the facts and choose for themselves.

Not sure how you define "Christian orthodoxy," but Jesus Christ will survive quite well on His throne.

Mr Laurier

Not sure what you think you got. You'd best stick with making videos of you slurping coffee and dispensing bon mots of wisdom.
Why do you imagine I would think that I "got" something?
Alas, I would first need to take up making such videos. And I see no reason to do so.

Temujin

WHOOPS! You forgot to scientifically explain how science has in any way debunked Christianity. Just an oversight I'm sure.
WHOOPS! You apparently didn't realise that this is not what I said. Science ignores Christianity. The supernatural has no place in science. Science provides natural explanations for everyday phenomena. Religion doesn't. People now have the choice, and increasingly choose natural over supernatural. There is nothing in Christianity worth debunking.

5wize

The only thing I see not surviving is you and your angry atheist friends.

The word of God will outlast you, like it has every other little fist shaker out there.
The word of God has been painted into an ontological corner that is getting smaller and smaller. It may survive in basements and small gatherings, but it won't break free again.

Last edited:

Temujin

Like how matter was created and how life originated from inanimate matter? I missed that.
You also missed where I mentioned the shrinking areas where science has no definitive answers yet. The last refuges of religious denial of science.

5wize

The Cathedrals all seem to have shudders. I am living in the post peak era. The trend is obvious. It's like the death of a mall. First the anchor stores such as the Catholic, Lutheran, and Episcopalian church pews empty and close.... Those with the greatest societal presence and reach. Then the satellite stores follow.

Will it ever totally go away? No. There are still pockets of Zoroastrianism in basements scattered here and there.

5wize

Like how matter was created and how life originated from inanimate matter? I missed that.
Oh, you mean that something "spoke" it into being thing? You may not get the point, the rest of us however do it would seem as the shudders are nailed shut and the local donut shop lost its biggest Sunday customer.

Whateverman

Indeed. Free will, being a cornerstone of Christian theology, seems as if it will ultimately be the doom of that same theology.

5wize

Indeed. Free will, being a cornerstone of Christian theology, seems as if it will ultimately be the doom of that same theology.
It is funny about how when the Christian talks of free will it is usually framed in the action of sin, but not of thought. Alas, thinking that is free of Christian dogma itself is a sin as well it would seem.