How do athiests know if something is true or not?

You must have done it yourself. No? Why so modest. Creating life is Biology 101.

Can anyone attempt to create life without using what has already been created?
Your question is ambiguous with it's use of created. I don't know in what sense you're using it.

How are you using it?

Starting with taking nothing... Something that never was. And, causing it into existence.

Then. taking what was caused to come into existence, to be formed into a biological creature ... Add a little electricity and the right body fluids... Boom! It will move.

And, (I did not take this course yet. next year, so its kinda sketchy) then crank up the movement needed to make that body able to have its first bowel movement, lest it die... It would have required having anticipated what life forms to provide for food. But, the first creature ate rocks. It took two million years before the food supply could be perfected...

Didn't you take advanced biology?

No god of the gaps at all.
YHVH doesn't need gaps.
I'm simply asking you if you have actual evidence of not.
Based on this response, I'd say your answer is no.... and not just no, but a resounding--- Oh Hell NO!

So, thank you.
You're trying to play the god of the gaps game. It's plain to see. You think an honest "I don't know" is somehow justification for your theism. It isn't.

If I could provide what you ask for? Who would not believe?

You have to be simultaneously very dumb to be intelligent and see no intelligent designer concerning biological life.

An elephant has a liver. Do you?

An elephant has heart. Do you?

An elephant has bones and ligaments. Do you?

Did we "evolve" from a common ancestor?

Or, form miraculously in form and function from independent globs of matter?

How stupid can one be?

Or? Deliberately deceptive?

I am not going to give you what you already have been given...

You just like to torment.... Therefore, you are.

I got better things to do. But, right now I have some free time.
Again, NONE of that is objective evidence of a deity.

Every time you flush the toilet is proof of an intelligent designer.
But it's not proof of a deity. Toilets are made by people. This has been objectively verified. Not so with deities and universes. It's amazing that you can't comprehend that.

But it's not proof of a deity. Toilets are made by people. This has been objectively verified. Not so with deities and universes. It's amazing that you can't comprehend that.
It must be seen as evidence that your physical apparatuses that function while using the toilet could not have designed itself. Self designing?

To think so indicates very shallow reasoning ability.

At times I chuckle and sit back and wonder if you think people like me are stupid to believe that you could be that stupid. I know you really must know better.

When you urinate or make a bowel movement?

How many millions of years did it take to get your body to where it is? Any honest Urologist or Gastroenterologist would find you thinking it just randomly took form without a designer to be incredulous. But, if there so happens to be a mutual hatred for those who know God is in place? As a group you all will agree to the lies.

No creature could live long enough to get to the point of not killing itself through self toxification. Not to mention... it would also require kidneys and a liver to "miraculously" form to make the process viable... Also not to mention needing the ligaments required for the colon, and a bladder that is able to compress.

Your are not impressing the natives in the jungle any longer. Those days are over.

How many millions of years did it take to get your body to where it is? Any honest Urologist or Gastroenterologist would find you thinking it just randomly took form without a designer to be incredulous.
Nonsense. Any medically trained doctor will be aware of evolution and know that functional complexity need not be the product of conscious design.

It must be seen as evidence that your physical apparatuses that function while using the toilet could not have designed itself. Self designing?

At times I chuckle and sit back and wonder if you think people like me are stupid to believe that you could be that stupid. I know you really must know better.

How many millions of years did it take to get your body to where it is? Any honest Urologist or Gastroenterologist would find you thinking it just randomly took form without a designer to be incredulous. But, if there so happens to be a mutual hatred for those who know God is in place? As a group you all will agree to the lies.

No creature could live long enough to get to the point of not killing itself through self toxification. Not to mention... it would also require kidneys and a liver to "miraculously" form to make the process viable... Also not to mention needing the ligaments required for the colon, and a bladder that is able to compress.

Your are not impressing the natives in the jungle any longer. Those days are over.
All too often our bodies go wrong. This is what you'd expect under evolution, but not if designed by an omnipotent, omniscient God.

No, that is not the definition of "religion".

A religion is a set of beliefs/doctrines that revolve around the worship of and devotion to a deity/deities.
What is a set of beliefs/ doctrines that revolve around the worship and devotion to a philosophy/philosophies?

I don't know the name for it (philigion?) but it is pretty much identical to religion.

The philosophy/philosophies can't be proven, yet people have this deep, fervent faith regarding them.

Once again, toilets are designed by HUMANS. We have irrefutable, objective evidence of this. Not so with deities and universes. You are attempting to compare apples to oranges.

What is a set of beliefs/ doctrines that revolve around the worship and devotion to a philosophy/philosophies?

I don't know the name for it (philigion?) but it is pretty much identical to religion.

The philosophy/philosophies can't be proven, yet people have this deep, fervent faith regarding them.
No, philosophy is not religion. Secular humanism is not a religion. Atheism is not a religion.

A religion is a set of beliefs/ideas/practices that revolve around a deity/deities and/or a belief in the supernatural.

Starting with taking nothing... Something that never was. And, causing it into existence.
If the universe is natural, nothing can't be the starting point. You seem to think that if the universe is natural it could only start with nothing, which is impossible in your eyes. Considering the universe is turning out to be a rather counter intuitive place, your thinking is at the very least, hasty.

No, philosophy is not religion. Secular humanism is not a religion. Atheism is not a religion.

A religion is a set of beliefs/ideas/practices that revolve around a deity/deities and/or a belief in the supernatural.
So what do you call belief in philosophies?
The revolving around something that cannot be demonstrated to be the case is a common feature in both this belief and the belief in religion.

So what do you call belief in philosophies?
The revolving around something that cannot be demonstrated to be the case is a common feature in both this belief and the belief in religion.
While it is true that philosophy revolves around the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, and one such philosophy of reality and existence includes a supernatural deity, that tends to elevate it to religion....

... unless you want to just call your Christian beliefs a philosophy and we'll argue it on those terms. But the arguments of faith become weaker from that angle because philosophy tends to revolve around mundane, accessible, and common human topics, like morality. The supernatural or transcendent is treated as ad-hoc.

Back