How do athiests know if something is true or not?

I know. For those who both believe and need a friend, yourself is the best friend you can have. You know your wants, there's no disagreement over moral issues....

And I am amused by YOUR biases, preconceptions and beliefs that YOU have regarding Jesus.
It must be frustrating to not be able to present a convincing reason for others to believe as you do.
As you should be.

You're too afraid of the truth to learn the truth, so you continue to impose yours on others to justify yourself, instead of receiving the justification given by YHVH to everyone who places their trust in Jesus.

So, I think that your self-amusing delusions fit you perfectly. Tudooloo

As you should be.

You're too afraid of the truth to learn the truth, so you continue to impose yours on others to justify yourself, instead of receiving the justification given by YHVH to everyone who places their trust in Jesus.

So, I think that your self-amusing delusions fit you perfectly. Tudooloo
So dishonest.
Integrity is difficult for you, isn't it?
Talk to your friend, perhaps he can help you with it. That's the idea, right?

You're dancing all over your own grave.
lol.
It's frustrating isn't it -not being able to put together a cogent case.
I believed once like you, I know exactly what it's like.
I didn't spend 44 years trying to convince myself though.

lol.
It's frustrating isn't it -not being able to put together a cogent case.
I believed once like you, I know exactly what it's like.
I didn't spend 44 years trying to convince myself though.
There's only one cogent case to present.

1Co 1:21 WEB For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

Jesus summed it up like this.

Joh 3:16-21 WEB 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God.”

Paul describes it as follows

1Co 15:3-10 WEB 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

So, if you actually think that the cogency is dependent on your design, then you're screwed.

Repent and believe the gospel of Jesus.

There's only one cogent case to present.

1Co 1:21 WEB For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

Jesus summed it up like this.

Joh 3:16-21 WEB 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God.”

1Co 15:3-10 WEB 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

So, if you actually think that the cogency is dependent on your design, then you're screwed.

Repent and believe the gospel of Jesus.
Now all you have to do is show why scripture is the word of God. That you never realise this fundamental point only says something about your ability to engage in rational discussion.

And you don't seem to know what it is.
No.
You just don't know what you want. But truth is clearly not on your list.

This is what happens when you refuse to follow Jesus.

Rom 1:21-22 WEB 21 Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And

Eph 4:17-19 WEB 17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 being darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardening of their hearts. 19 They, having become callous, gave themselves up to lust, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

And David describes it as

Psa 14:1 WEB The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt. They have done abominable deeds. There is no one who does good.

Pity you're not willing to learn the importance of truth.

Pro 1:7 WEB The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of knowledge; but the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.

A prayer being answered, if it is to survive Occam's razor
A prayer like Roe v Wade being overturned? Almost 50 yrs of conflict resolved for now. What atheist predicted the overturn of Roe? On what basis since abortion was considered a fundamental right? Abortion never was and they were lying, over and over. Defying the living God.

A prayer like Roe v Wade being overturned? Almost 50 yrs of conflict resolved for now. What atheist predicted the overturn of Roe? On what basis since abortion was considered a fundamental right? Abortion never was and they were lying, over and over. Defying the living God.
Lots and lots and lots of atheists predicted it'd be overturned. Abortion was considered a fundamental right, whether you like it or not. It no longer is. One day it might be again. That's how the law works.

Lots and lots and lots of atheists predicted it'd be overturned.
You failed to name any. How bout five with links of atheists predicting the Roe would be flushed? I do know Christians were praying against legal abortion and now after almost 50 yrs, Roe is gone. Consistent with answered prayer. Biden credits Trump who is now right up there with Lincoln doing right by freeing slaves. Clarence Thomas our moral compass. Small wonder your side wishes to abolish prayer.
Abortion was considered a fundamental right, whether you like it or not.
If if can be taken away it is not fundamental. It was made up with no basis.
It no longer is. One day it might be again. That's how the law works.
Your late term will go to the states possibly with infanticide. All of which is wrong and incurs the wrath of God.

You failed to name any. How bout five with links of atheists predicting the Roe would be flushed?

I do know Christians were praying against legal abortion and now after almost 50 yrs, Roe is gone. Consistent with answered prayer.
Consistent with not answered prayer, too. Just like everything else that happens.

Biden credits Trump who is now right up there with Lincoln doing right by freeing slaves.
Comparing Trump with Lincoln? That's rich.

Clarence Thomas our moral compass.
The guy who wants to 'revisit' making homosexual acts legal? Yeah, he would be the right's moral compass, alright - spearheading their obsession with others' sex lives.

Small wonder your side wishes to abolish prayer.
It doesn't.

If if can be taken away it is not fundamental. It was made up with no basis.
Nonsense. Any right can be taken away. That it was taken away does not mean it was "made up with no basis".

Your late term will go to the states possibly with infanticide. All of which is wrong and incurs the wrath of God.
I don't have a "late term". And I am not in the least interested in - nor scared of - what you imagine might incur the wrath of your god.

What we claim for ourselves as a fundamental right and what is considered for us to be a fundamental right are never in perfect lock-step. You want to know what we claim as a right as opposed to what is granted? Watch how we act. Self protection (guns), prohibition, and abortion are 3 such issues where the acts of humanity speak louder than opinions with regards to what we claim as rights and what are declared as rights.

Self protection (guns), prohibition, and abortion are 3 such issues where the acts of humanity speak louder than opinions with regards to what we claim as rights and what are declared as rights.

Can you explain what "acts of humanity" declared concerning abortion rights?

Back