How do non-Catholics account for the miracles at Fatima?

RiJoRi

There is a multitude of Roman Catholics and others who buy in to these Marian apparitions which have no natural explanation.
That is, of course, the definition of a miracle 😉
Do they ... believe that Mary has the power to suddenly orchestrate millions of complex circumstances necessary in order to accomplish what would constitute as a miracle?
I'd imagine they say they have faith. Faith in what their church teaches them. There are others - such as me and my sibs - who would have put it into the "HO-KAY" box along with UFOs, and paranormal phenomena.
If RC's just looked at it logically from that perspective they should be able to see what folly Satan has concocted to draw people and their vain pursuits in to his web of deceit and mind control.
We see it that way; they would say, "O ye of little faith!"

--Rich

"People will believe anything, either because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it's true."
— T. Goodkind

RayneBeau

.....And to have a church that would accept and run with any idea that would take the focus off of Jesus would be the 'icing on the cake' as they say.
Well, the Roman Catholic Church, and their followers, do not have the mind of Christ and they may never form it.

pilgrim

Well, the Roman Catholic Church, and their followers, do not have the mind of Christ and they may never form it.
Well, I believe they are more likely to have the mind of Christ since they receive His body, blood soul and divinity in the Eucharist weekly (and often daily).

balshan

Well, I believe they are more likely to have the mind of Christ since they receive His body, blood soul and divinity in the Eucharist weekly (and often daily).
Well no they don't and if they did then their actions would have been totally different when the institution's scandals were exposed. If only they weren't being deceived about the communion.

RayneBeau

Or they were atheists.
They are not atheists, just repeatedly duped Roman Catholics who believe that their Virgin Mary returned to the earth six times in 1917 and told 3 little illiterate peasant children of Fatima, Portugal, what the Western world should do to avoid destruction by Soviet Russia. :rolleyes:

RayneBeau

Don't the Marian apparitions always stress the Roman Catholic Church's great importance of the Eucharist? In particular, the "Queen of Heaven" has supposedly repeatedly stated that the Eucharist, once it is consecrated by a Roman Catholic priest, becomes the literal body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ, and is therefore worthy of worship and adoration. In fact, Mary focuses much attention on the 'true presence' of Jesus in the Eucharist, especially in the so-called Marian apparitions to a Roman Catholic woman named Catherine Laboure, from Paris, France in 1830, in which Mary emphatically encourages all believers to receive the so-called 'Blessed Sacrament' as often as possible in order to receive the needed graces for salvation - a teaching that was NEVER delivered to the saints! Mary also stressed the important role that the Eucharistic Jesus will have in the last days - another false teaching NEVER delivered to the saints!
Also, doesn't the Roman Catholic Church place a lot of focus on their constant pleas for money at these 'Mary' shrines?

pilgrim

They are not atheists, just repeatedly duped Roman Catholics who believe that their Virgin Mary returned to the earth six times in 1917 and told 3 little illiterate peasant children of Fatima, Portugal, what the Western world should do to avoid destruction by Soviet Russia. :rolleyes:
What is not disputable is that there was an astounding miracle of the sun that was predicted months in advance to occur at noon on October 13, 1917. Approximately 70,000 people gathered to see it. Even some atheists were there to ridicule the visionaries and believers, so certain were they that the miracle would not happen. To the amazement of all, however, it did. https://fatima.org/news-views/fatima-not-yet-fulfilled-part2/

pilgrim

But He never said the bread and wine stop being bread and wine. We can taste, touch, and smell that they are still bread and wine. In fact, Jesus referred to what was in His cup as the "fruit of the vine." That is wine.
Neither did He say :"This is My Body, My Blood AND bread AND wine."
He said "This is My body; this is My blood." With faith, we can take Him at His word.

RayneBeau

What is not disputable is that there was an astounding miracle of the sun that was predicted months in advance to occur at noon on October 13, 1917. Approximately 70,000 people gathered to see it. Even some atheists were there to ridicule the visionaries and believers, so certain were they that the miracle would not happen. To the amazement of all, however, it did. https://fatima.org/news-views/fatima-not-yet-fulfilled-part2/
The Roman Catholic Church's exploitation of this "event" was replete with the promotion and sale of many varieties of Roman Catholic scapulars, rosaries, votive candles, miraculous medals, relics, etc., etc., etc., which were sold before, during and after the pre-planned "event." The Roman Catholic Church is wise enough, when it come to this sort of thing to know that It had to be planned in advance so the the Roman Catholic Church scalpers could get all their Roman Catholic "wares" over-priced and displayed at the site of the upcoming 'event' to gouge the pockets of all the gullible, awe-struck Roman Catholics willing to spend their last dime on a pricey souvenir of the pre-planned 'blessed event.'