How do RC test the spirits?

The Catholic Faith is based on the dogmas and teachings of the Church.
And what are the teachings of your church based on?
Unlike Protestantism, it is not subjective and based on emotionalism.
So, first you criticize us for employing the Biblical doctrine of sola scriptura, and now you're accusing us of basing our doctrine on subjectivism and emotionalism?

Do you know what the Bible says about a double minded man?
It is not based on whatever you want to believe based upon your own individual interpretation of sacred scripture.
Nor is Christianity.

And what are the teachings of your church based on?
Revelation. What else would they be based on if not Revelation?
So, first you criticize us for employing the Biblical doctrine of sola scriptura, and now you're accusing us of basing our doctrine on subjectivism and emotionalism?
That is what Sola Scriptura ultimately becomes when you do away with a divinely authorized teacher of the Faith which Protestants have done.

To put it in academic terms: Sola Scriptura and Solo Scriptura are in theory different, in practice they are equivalent.
Do you know what the Bible says about a double minded man?
No, actually.

That is what Sola Scriptura ultimately becomes when you do away with a divinely authorized teacher of the Faith which Protestants have done.

To put it in academic terms: Sola Scriptura and Solo Scriptura are in theory different, in practice they are equivalent.

No, actually.
How do you know the revelation is from the Holy Spirit? How come the HS did not provide revelation to your leaders they were practicing pagan rituals, or that they were wallowing in sin.

Revelation.
So, the teachings of your church are based on subjective and esoteric experiences. Just like Mormonism.
What else would they be based on if not Revelation?
Scripture.
First, we never had a "divinely authorized teacher of the faith" in the first place. That's your tradition, not Bible teaching.

Second, you're still ignorant about what the Biblical praxis of sola scriptura is.
Thank you for being brave enough to show your ignorance.
No, actually.
Of course you don't. You're Catholic.

It says he's unstable in all his ways.

The Catholic Faith is based on the dogmas and teachings of the Church. Unlike Protestantism, it is not subjective and based on emotionalism. It is not based on whatever you want to believe based upon your own individual interpretation of sacred scripture.
Based on dogmas and teachings no apostle ever taught! The Catholic church preaches a different gospel by which we are saved; adding to the gospel the traditions of men and thus nullifying God's word with their invented requirements for salvation.

Much of the novel, invented dogmas a Catholic is required to believe were absolutely 100% based on subjective opinions and emotionalism. For example...WHY must the Catholic believe that Mary was born immaculate? Because the false teacher who proclaimed it believed it was "fitting".

SMH

How do you know the revelation is from the Holy Spirit? How come the HS did not provide revelation to your leaders they were practicing pagan rituals, or that they were wallowing in sin.
It is so hard to get answers to questions. Why is that so?

No, actually.
Do you not realise that the RC doctrine of trusting the teachings of the Magisterium leads to the same defence the Nazis used at the Nuremberg trials? Standing before the Lord and saying, "I was only obeying orders." won't cut it. Each one of us is personally responsible for what he believes and teaches. We will not be able to hide behind leaders on Judgment Day.

Do you not realise that the RC doctrine of trusting the teachings of the Magisterium leads to the same defence the Nazis used at the Nuremberg trials? Standing before the Lord and saying, "I was only obeying orders." won't cut it. Each one of us is personally responsible for what he believes and teaches. We will not be able to hide behind leaders on Judgment Day.
Which is why Catholics like me resist the dubious teachings of Pope Francis. Precisely for the reason "I was just following orders" won't fly on Judgment Day.

Which is why Catholics like me resist the dubious teachings of Pope Francis. Precisely for the reason "I was just following orders" won't fly on Judgment Day.

I have had numerous Catholics tell me that that will be their reply to God if their sect leaders were wrong: "I was just following orders."

You just said in another thread that you will obey your sect leaders no matter what evil they teach you to believe.

That is not resistance. That is complicity.

The Catholic Faith is based on the dogmas and teachings of the Church. Unlike Protestantism, it is not subjective and based on emotionalism. It is not based on whatever you want to believe based upon your own individual interpretation of sacred scripture.

Interesting. The Christian faith is based on the person of Jesus Christ.

The catholic faith is based on emotionalism. We see it here all the time. And before you try to criticize anyone else for "individual interpretation" please consider that your allegiance to the catholic church is based on an "individual interpretation" that you made in determining the RCC is correct.

You just said in another thread that you will obey your sect leaders no matter what evil they teach you to believe.
Quote me in context, please.

What a joke, romish. The whole act you put on.

Me: "You will still follow the Catholic sect no matter what."
You: "Yes, I will."

Me: "You will still follow the Catholic sect no matter what."
You: "Yes, I do"

It has been pages and we still do not know how RCs test the spirits? Why is that?
They are trying to figure out how to use a pycnometer? 😉
Seriously, they don't test the spirits. The laity leave it to the "professionals", whose determinant is not the word of God, but the current Roman Catholic teachings.

What unbiblical teachings?
You're joking, right?

Mary as Mediatrix

Mary as Co-redemptrix

Having a Vicar of Christ (i.e. anti-Christ)

The alleged "assumption" of Mary into heaven

Veneration of relics

Holy Water

Praying to "saints"

Bowing down before pictures and statues of "saints"

All those unbiblical offices (Pope, Cardinal, Archbishop, Monsignor, etc., etc.)

Transubstantiation

Mediatorial Priesthood

Only the priests get to drink the wine at communion

Baptismal Regeneration

Purgatory

Penance

The Confessional

The list just goes on, and on, and on...

And the organization that boasts that it gave us the Bible has to perform radical eisegesis in order to try to show where their late-arriving doctrines are found in the Word!
They often don't even pretend that some of them are in the Bible; instead, they point to "traditions".

Back