How do RCs resolve their many contradictions in beliefs etc?

Oh great. Christians are supposed to get together and worship you know.
True worship is how you live your life daily, not paying lip service once a week in front of a hireling.

My ‘gospel’ isn’t mine, it is the one preached in the New Testament. If I could sum it up in just one verse it would be 2 Corinthians 7:10.

But just like I figured, you’re only in it for the ‘get out of hell free’ card..like most churchians. The devils know all about Christ and His sacrifice, so what? What about YOUR sacrifice? (Matthew 16:24, Romans 12:1). Takes more than 1 party to make a covenant you know?

What do you and most church goers know about this? Very little from what I have seen:

“When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.“
Matthew 25:31-46

True worship is how you live your life daily, not paying lip service once a week in front of a hireling.
God still tells us to gather together no matter what you say.

But just like I figured, you’re only in it for the ‘get out of hell free’ card..like most churchians.
Oh, so you are better than the rest of us? God still would love me if I never went to church, but he says we ought to and I follow him on that.

“When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.“
I am in total agreement with that. He still wants us to gather as a community and worship him in a "church" as members of a church.

I am in total agreement with that. He still wants us to gather as a community and worship him in a "church" as members of a church.
Amen, I don’t disagree with that either. Only the denominations, the lording it over the flock, when 1 Peter 4:10-11 and 1 Corinthians 14:26 illustrates the gathering of the brethren to be a participatory event. The 1 man lording over is a practice adopted from the Roman Catholic religion.

It's a good thing there is not one Ncc leader who is like that, they are all saints among saints, right?
You are just proving once again that you institution is not His church. I mean His church is different to over there. I just pointed out the hypocrisy of the RCC when it comes to their leaders. You immediate cover up is to point the finger over there. That proves you church is no better than over there. Pity RCs do not understand what they are saying with that comment.

God still tells us to gather together no matter what you say.

Oh, so you are better than the rest of us? God still would love me if I never went to church, but he says we ought to and I follow him on that.
I never said or even tried to insist I was better than anyone. The reason I became a Christian in the first place was only after realization that the exact opposite was true, Luke 18:13, 2 Corinthians 7:10.

Please get back to the op. It is not about the trinity (which is a word that describes a concept) it is about how RCs resolve their many contradictions in belief.

1. RC Mary has normal parents, but she is sinless, despite their teachings of original sin.
2. RC Mary is just normal like us, but she is sinless. Scripture is clear all have sinned.
3. RC Mary is sinless but needs a savior. Why would she?
4. Rc Mary has a co titles, yet scripture is clear we only have one saviour, one advocate, one redeemer.
5. RC Mary has taken on divine powers, yet RCs claim she is not a goddess.
6. RC Mary is sinless but the woman in Rev 12 suffers the consequences of sin (another poster).
7. Jesus is the word, the scriptures are the word of God yet some RCs say that Jesus words at the LS contradict Hebrews. From this they imply Hebrews is lesser word. How can God contradict Himself? I would say if their is a contradiction then there is a problem with RC understanding.
8. Jesus speaking about bread and wine is literal because He never says it is symbolic. Yet, Jesus says Peter is Satan, Herod is a fox, He is a door etc and never says he is speaking symbolically. So using RC logic Peter is Satan, Herod is a real fox etc

I would really love to see their understanding of their many contradictions. I mean this is just a small list.

I would love to see their reasonings about these contradictions and how they resolve them.

So, a really good atheist that lives his life daily by being nice to everyone and doing whatever else one might call "living their life daily" is worshipping? Really? I always thought worshipping was something more than that.
Diverting off topic. I have asked that we stay on topic which is about resolving contradictions. It is a simple request. They are:

1. RC Mary has normal parents, but she is sinless, despite their teachings of original sin.
2. RC Mary is just normal like us, but she is sinless. Scripture is clear all have sinned.
4. Rc Mary has a co titles, yet scripture is clear we only have one saviour, one advocate, one redeemer.
6. RC Mary is sinless but the woman in Rev 12 suffers the consequences of sin (another poster).
7. Jesus is the word, the scriptures are the word of God yet some RCs say that Jesus words at the LS contradict Hebrews. From this they imply Hebrews is lesser word. How can God contradict Himself? I would say if their is a contradiction then there is a problem with RC understanding.
8. Jesus speaking about bread and wine is literal because He never says it is symbolic. Yet, Jesus says Peter is Satan, Herod is a fox, He is a door etc and never says he is speaking symbolically. So using RC logic Peter is Satan, Herod is a real fox etc

I would really love to see their understanding of their many contradictions. I mean this is just a small list.

This one is easy. Merely living a sinless life by itself cannot bring about salvation, which can only happen through the death of the Savior.

This one is also easy. Divine powers means all-powerful and all-knowing. Mary is none of that. In fact Isaiah, who is also not divine, exhibited far more power in that Mary ever did. And of course any claim that Mary is a goddess would require those divine powers, which Catholics do not attribute to her, as hard as you might try to twist Catholic teaching to make it sound like that to the unthinking.

This one is very easy. The any mother whose child was brutally murdered today would suffer because of that sin, even though it was not her sin.

8. Jesus speaking about bread and wine is literal because He never says it is symbolic.
Wow! Just keep pitching those softballs! No Catholic ever has said that Jesus never says anything symbolic.

This one is easy. Merely living a sinless life by itself cannot bring about salvation, which can only happen through the death of the Savior.

Obvious not easy. One only needs a saviour if one is a sinner. If one does not sin then one is living the way God wants.
This one is also easy. Divine powers means all-powerful and all-knowing. Mary is none of that. In fact Isaiah, who is also not divine, exhibited far more power in that Mary ever did. And of course any claim that Mary is a goddess would require those divine powers, which Catholics do not attribute to her, as hard as you might try to twist Catholic teaching to make it sound like that to the unthinking.

Yet RCs do they have omnipresence to be able to receive all those prayers. There are other traits the RC displays. She is also to answer their requests in the RC mind. We have seen many examples of what RCs expect Mary to do, in the many Marian prayers posted in other threads. Maybe every RC should demand world peace.
This one is very easy. The any mother whose child was brutally murdered today would suffer because of that sin, even though it was not her sin.

So the woman in Rev was a sinner. Yep suffering the death of a child does not make a person sinless. So obviously not very easy. By the way that passage was discussing the pains of childbirth, which is a consequence of a sin.
Wow! Just keep pitching those softballs! No Catholic ever has said that Jesus never says anything symbolic.
Boy you made a strike on everyone. You failed to resolve those contradictions. You swung and missed. Please try again. I am really interested in knowing. But I appreciated the attempt and changing my questions was noted.

RCs have yet to explain the many contradictions that come from their beliefs and the way they justify false teachings. Can they please explain each of the following, please feel free to add to my list. This list comes from the many posts I see on the RCC board.

Can even one RC show us how they resolve the contradictions?
But the answer is always the same: "Holy Tradition" created by the Magisterioum, and Popes of the Roman Catholic religious system. The BIBLE to a Roman Catholic doesn't mean SPIT, and Roman Catholic Laity are to stupid to rightly understand what the Bible says anyway. The only IMPORTANT THING is: "WE SAY SO".

Fortunately The Roman Catholic religious system doesn't have an "enforcement division" any more, so they can't murder folks who get in their way.

Obvious not easy. One only needs a saviour if one is a sinner. If one does not sin then one is living the way God wants.
There were people in the OT who lived the way God wants, but were not saved until Jesus came and died on the cross. This is basic Christian stuff.

I am really interested in knowing.
Your responses indicate one who is not in the least interested in knowing.

Back