How do you like your gospel? Straight up, or in a mix?

And it’s up to man to receive the free gift of eternal life , salvation . Great verses !
That’s the same exact language the prosperity doctrine uses. God has done all He can and unless you can conjure up enough faith to believe, then tough!!! The onus on man’s salvation you and others have placed upon man, not God.

Look at the context, for once in your life!

Rom. 5:14-19 (KJV)
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This whole passage is about the contrast between the first Adam and the last Adam; it is also about the contrast between those who are in the first Adam and those who are in the last Adam. This could hardly be clearer.

If the two "all men" groups, in verse 18, were one and the same, then the whole context of the passage would be broken; not only that, but also it would mean that every single person who ever lived would receive justification unto life! I hope you realise that this is heretical...
He probably realizes it, but just doesn't care about truth. I think it is more important for some to protect their folly than to be corrected when they are obviously wrong.

And it’s up to man to receive the free gift of eternal life , salvation . Great verses !
Yea, without receiving revelation according to your false teachings.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children;

Hidden things you teach are not hidden, by your claim that it is all.

Mat 11:26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.

Man's will and not God's will is the false teachings you teach when you claim it is all.

Mat 11:27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

All receive revelation you teach when you teach all, and not only those whom the son chooses to reveal as the Bible teaches.

When will you stop teaching the opposite things taught by Jesus?

The free gift came upon all men; those who receive the gift are justified.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
They receive God's grace, because God gives it to them. He does not give enlightenment, repentance or faith to everyone.

Don’t you know that really means the few , the elect , the chosen , the predestined ones . Can’t you see it right there in the verse lol . Every man really means elect look it up lol . What a bologna sandwich ?.

More mockery.
I feel sorry for you.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:6
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.
John 1:9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.

More mockery.
I feel sorry for you.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:6
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.
John 1:9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.

This is why you don't "proof-text".

When I first became a Christian, over 30 years ago, I got into apologetics pretty early on. And I was debating atheists, Mormons, and JW's, and they all had their "proof-texts". And I had the disadvantage of not yet knowing the Bible very well.

So I learned early on that if someone presents a "proof-text", and you want to correctly understand it, you need to read the context. So it quickly became my rule to read the entire chapter a "proof-text" was found in, to better understand it. And if the proof-text was near the beginning of a chapter, especially if it includes a linking word such as "for" or "therefore", I learned to read the previous chapter to see what was being discussed leading up to the verse in question.

But most people are too lazy, and aren't interested in upsetting their personal theology.

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Every man is given the light of conscience, reason and of nature (insufficient to bring to salvation); but, not every man is given the light of the gospel.
You mean every man in the OT that came into the world did not have the light of conscience and reason?

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

You mean every man in the OT that came into the world did not have the light of conscience and reason?
What are you talking about?

P.S. Okay, now I think I know what you mean. Do you think that Jesus has to be present, in his physical body, in order to give people light? If so, I have never heard such an opinion before...

Last edited:
Do you think that John 1:29 is a reflection; how did you get that from the context?
Do I think that John 1:29 is a reflection of what?

You quoted John 1:9, not John 1:29.

This discussion has become obscure; so, I'll go back a bit. You posted a question, quoting John 1:9, and asking if I meant that every man in the OT did not have the light of conscience and reason. What connection is it that you think John 1:9 has with your question? What would make you think that I might think that OT people didn't have conscience and reason (of course they did)?

I'll make a couple of salient observations: John 1:9 is specifically individualised ("every man who comes into the world"); and "the world", in that verse, probably refers to the physical world. John 1:29 is not individualised and "the world" there refers to Jews and Gentiles, as contrasted with Jews only.

Do I think that John 1:29 is a reflection of what?
Typo! I meant John 1:9

I'll make a couple of salient observations: John 1:9 is specifically individualised ("every man who comes into the world"); and "the world", in that verse, probably refers to the physical world. ...
Still does not explain how you arrived from the context of John 1:9 as a refection of Jesus lighting every men with reason and nature.
That is from the light of reason and nature, both of which I mentioned. This is why there are many unbelieving scientists, who accept that Intelligent Design is true and that there must be a God; but, they do not have faith in God, or the Lord Jesus Christ.

God is self evident to all as we read in Romans 1 so all are without excuse . That’s the Bible .
It is self evident that Jesus Christ is lord and savior is not in Romans1.

You should stop misrepresenting the gospel in favor of self love.

When will you start giving God the glory for salvation and stop giving yourself the glory?

Back