How Do You Unwatch a Thread?

zerinus

How do you "unwatch," or unsubscribe from a thread which you have already posted in? When you post in a thread, it automatically causes you to "watch" that thread, unless you turn that feature off in your settings, which I now have. But I am still "watching" those threads which I had previously posted in, before I turned that feature off. Now I would like "unwatch" those threads, but I haven't been able to find a way of doing it.

SteveB

How do you "unwatch," or unsubscribe from a thread which you have already posted in? When you post in a thread, it automatically causes you to "watch" that thread, unless you turn that feature off in your settings, which I now have. But I am still "watching" those threads which I had previously posted in, before I turned that feature off. Now I would like "unwatch" those threads, but I haven't been able to find a way of doing it.
upper right corner, above the first post on the page, there's a watch/unwatch option.
Click that.

zerinus

upper right corner, above the first post on the page, there's a watch/unwatch option.
Click that.
Thank you! I am having the same problem that you are having. I have turned off all email alerts, and I still keep getting them. So I am going to try "unwatching" the threads to see if that will work.

Bob Carabbio

Don't click on the thread to read it. See how simply your problem is solved??

zerinus

For those who might be interested, since I "unwatched" all the previous threads, the email alerts have stopped. I think that what I am going to try next is to "watch" or "rewatch" some threads (while being careful to leave the email alert boxes unchecked), to see if the emails will come back. My guess is that this time they probably won't. So for the benefit of those who have experienced the same problem with unwanted emails, this appears to be a good solution.