How does a Christian know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to find the word "power" in that passage.
John 20: 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
The Holy Spirit is God Almighty.

And as "False statements" go - This one is So OBVIOUSLY UNTRUE that it's a bonafied WHOPPER!!!!

In Roman Catholic Churches a SIGNIFICANT amount of emphasis is spent Worshipping their Mary Thing. That you don't consider it "Worship" just means you have no concept of what "Worship" even is.

And you know as well as I do, that no "Protestant Heretic" from Luther on forward has any "Credibility" with a properly propagandized Roman Catholic.
The nCCs really ruin their credibility y making such statements. The Catholic church has never taught or instructed anyone to worship Mary. You are clearly misrepresenting the truth.

Scripture IS the final/sole authority for the Christian faith. When God says it, it's final. Your RCC doesn't speak with the authority of God. It only speaks as the self-appointed ecclesiastical authority created by men.

Matthew 4: 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”

John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

2 Timothy 3: 16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

Since Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness what more do we need. Nothing.
You claim that scripture alone is your final/sole authority for the Christian faith but that is not true. You divide yourselves from other Christians over issues concerning the Christian faith but your appeal isn't to scripture but to your interpretation of scripture.

You claim that scripture alone is your final/sole authority for the Christian faith but that is not true. You divide yourselves from other Christians over issues concerning the Christian faith but your appeal isn't to scripture but to your interpretation of scripture.

I do not divide myself from my brothers and sisters over the essentials of our Christ centered faith, based on what Scripture and Scripture alone teaches which is God-breathed. I do not consider those who follow a self-appointed, ecesiastically authoritative institution a part of the Christ centered faith I follow. Were I to do so I might as well accept Mormon's because their church has the name Jesus in it. I will not compromise and will always defend the faith.

Please address post #167 concerning your claim about Mary and the RCC worship of her that you denied.

The nCCs really ruin their credibility y making such statements. The Catholic church has never taught or instructed anyone to worship Mary. You are clearly misrepresenting the truth.
That's the totally predictable Roman Catholic response to everything. "The Church doesn't officially teach bla, bla, bla"

But Propagandized Catholics PRACTICE IT ANYWAY. Do You even know what "Worship" is???

That's the totally predictable Roman Catholic response to everything. "The Church doesn't officially teach bla, bla, bla"

But Propagandized Catholics PRACTICE IT ANYWAY.
One would think that if the RCC saw its peeons practicing something that it did not agree with, then it would come down pretty hard on them – as it did with birth control and abortion. But no, the silence is deafening.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

But Propagandized Catholics PRACTICE IT ANYWAY. Do You even know what "Worship" is???
The problem is that actions speak. This is a concept lacking in RC understanding. Also the fact that the RC change the meaning of words or misuse words or even find another word to cover up what they are really doing. I mean the words used about their practice with Mary are all synonyms for worship. I mean even the way the use Latin to try and make out they are not worshipping Mary is a ruse.

So they can pretend that worshipping Mary is not official teaching but it is official teaching just under cover.

One would think that if the RCC saw its peeons practicing something that it did not agree with, then it would come down pretty hard on them – as it did with birth control and abortion. But no, the silence is deafening.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Or else they find a way of making it all right. RCs getting divorced was not good for the RCC, so they started handing out RC annulments. This is just a coverup for what the couple is really doing.

The RCC has appointed itself the sole authority of God on earth. There is no denying it has self-appointed itself as such.
I disagree and I think the historical record backs me up. We have been the Western "lung" of Christianity forever, with the Eastern Orthodox being the other "lung" of Christianity. I seem to remember something about a split around 1054, have you ever heard of that?

As far as the Body of Christ, those who know Him as their Lord God and Savior, it is appointed by Christ and no one else.
Yes, having faith in Christ is a gift from God. Despite our differences, we both see Him as such.

And then we arrive at the place where one sinner judges another, quite unlike what a Christian should really be doing - leaving such things to God.

The OT prophets constantly exposed false teaching, and unbiblical conduct. A real good OT example is Jeremiah 44. So did the apostles. This is not the same as judging the heart, but we most certainly can discern and judge that which is spoken, written, or conduct that which is unbiblical. We most certainly are to refute false teachings, and errors, whether they are spoken or in any written form, no matter who is speaking or writing. The same with physical behavior. We are to call out error when it is seen.

Last edited:
No, I am looking for the truth. Yes, God's word is the truth. But interpretations of God's word is not necessarily the truth.
I understand what you are saying. I suggest reading the Bible every day, asking God to teach you, and continuing on that path. I left Mormonism many, many years ago and tried many churches, not knowing which was best. God WILL teach you! Make it your life's journey to read and pray.

I took instruction in the Catholic church. I've been to the Vatican. I never joined the Catholic church. Instead, I became a Mormon and stayed with it many years. Many people accuse Catholics of worshipping Mary. Mormons like to accuse Christians of worshiping the Bible.

I suggest ignoring insults and other people's lack of knowledge. Let's concentrate on God's word and keep asking HIM to lead us.

What is nCC?

I understand what you are saying. I suggest reading the Bible every day, asking God to teach you, and continuing on that path. I left Mormonism many, many years ago and tried many churches, not knowing which was best. God WILL teach you! Make it your life's journey to read and pray.
I believe dingoling came from Protestantism or Fundamentalism. I can't remember which, but he is content with believing the Catholic theological outlook.

Not every person who attends a church is a Christian. We don't have to judge them because we don't know when the conversion (new birth will happen). God sees a person's heart and knows whom He is saving and told us not to look at outward appearances. He tells us we will know them by their fruits (teachings and lifestyle). If a Mormon gets angry when confronted with truth, he is still a Mormon, not a Christian. You can't recognize a Christian unless you know the Word of God and see holiness in that person's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back