How does Calvinism explain this

Sketo

Regeneration comes about when God perceives a true faith
And with this you answer your own OP! He did not “truly” understand!

So even in your understanding he did not meet the requirement that would bring about regeneration!
if he was truly regenerate could he fall away ?
Good point! Therefore he does not meet the requirements of regeneration from either system!
You will say no as a Calvinist
And your acknowledgment that he did not become regenerate proves that even you don’t believe he truly understood in a saving way... even according to your own system!
so how without regeneration was he able to understand the word of the kingdom enough to be persecuted for it
Answer: He did not understand!
You answered your own OP above!

Therefore a Calvinist would explain this by saying he was never regenerated!
He did not understand in a way that was consistent with regeneration... or he would not have fallen away!

Last edited:

TomFL

One thing to be aware of in parables is that they generally have a single point. They are not meant to show multiple aspects of truth. This one is more complex than usual but still has a main point, that not everyone who hears the gospel will produce fruit. I doubt that Jesus intended it as a teaching on how to be saved. The primary point is the need to respond to the tr uth regardless of what comes against us and we will find success and joy
Yes I understand that but the issue is how did the man understand the gospel (word) of the kingdom

brightfame52

Something you might want to look at here. One of the Calvinists posters has just claimed that some of the seed was false gospel. If he builds on that idea, he will go very wrong in his conclusions. You don't want to build on a false foundation do you?
Don't deflect. What did I just say?

TomFL

And with this you answer your own OP! He did not “truly” understand!

That appears to be a confusion. The issue is not was he regenerate but did he understand the gospel of the kingdom

And the fact is it is clearly stated he received the word of the kingdom with joy

not some other message but the word of the kingdom

TomFL

You need to be honest with the scripture. Did it say that they understood the word of God? Yes or No
Yes he received it not something else but the word of the kingdom

can answer the question

Is it true you believe

that some of the seed was false gospel.

ReverendRV

Later

Note it says thee are none that seek god

yet all these are examples of men seeking God

Deuteronomy 4:29; 1Chronicles 16:11; 22:19; 2Chronicles 7:14; 11:16; 12:14; 14:4; 15:2; 19:3; 20:3, 4; 30:19; 34:3; Ezra 6:21; 7:10; Isaiah 55:6-7; 58:2; Acts 15:17; 17:26-27; Hebrews 11:6; Psa 9:10; 83:16, Zeph 2:3

The original reference is Psalm 14:1-3

but look at verses 4 & 5
My fifteen year old daughter made me a great Thanksgiving Dinner!

Are you teaching that the Bad Soils can understand the Gospel, when the Bible says there is no one who understands? When Peter understood that Jesus is the Son of God, that was given to him by God. The same goes for anyone seeking God; that was given to them too. The Understanding that the Good Soil had was due to the Farmer first making this Soil Good for Seed...

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oh look

You ignored everything once again

the man mention received that is believed the word of the kingdom

if he was believing something else he would not be receiving the word of the kingdom with joy and he certainly would be persecuted for the word of the kingdom

Its not complicated
Oh look you made a false statement. Are you going to repent for that dishonesty?

Sketo

That appears to be a confusion. The issue is not was he regenerate but did he understand the gospel of the kingdom
The issue is if he “truly” understood then, in your system, why did it not result in regeneration?

You are fighting against your very own system here!
And the fact is it is clearly stated he received the word of the kingdom with joy
Again, if this is “true receiving”, as you claim, then in your system, why was he not regenerated?
not some other message but the word of the kingdom
Why, in your system, was he not regenerated?

brightfame52

No ne4ed to repent for truth

The man received the word of the kingdom not some other word no matter how much you want it to be so
How do you explain your false statement? Did it say that the stony ground hearer received and understood the word? Yes or No?

TomFL

The issue is if he “truly” understood then, in your system, why did it not result in regeneration?

Again, if this is “true receiving”, as you claim, then in your system, why was he not regenerated?

Why was he not regenerated?
Its very simple mere understanding is not faith

Faith effects the mind, the emotion and the will

The man appears to have has two out three

But meat loaf theology does not work

If you get my drift

brightfame52

Toms false statement

yet another did understand receive it with joy but fell away in times of persecution
The hearer of word that fell away in times of persecution was not said to have understood it. The poster added that to the text.

Sketo

Regeneration comes about when God perceives a true faith
Yes He received it - that is he believed it

Not something else but it - the word of the kingdom
But, in your system, he did not become regenerate when he “received it” “that is believed it”...

You are not even consistent with your own system here!

brightfame52

Its very simple mere understanding is not faith

Faith effects the mind, the emotion and the will

The man appears to have has two out three

But meat loaf theology does not work

If you get my drift
So you got your self in a mess here being dishonest lol , so you don't believe in eternal security for the regenerate believer? Is that right?

TomFL

So you got your self in a mess here being dishonest lol , so you don't believe in eternal security for the regenerate believer? Is that right?
You don't read well

I never stated anything about not believing in eternal security

i specifically stated I do not challenge that multiple times

You read me about as well as you read the bible

Not well at all