How does Calvinism explain this

brightfame52

You don't read well

I never stated anything about not believing in eternal security

i specifically stated I do not challenge that multiple times

You read me about as well as you read the bible

Not well at all
Lol we not going to get into that. However your deliberately making a false claim is what you need to rectify. Did it read that the stony ground hearer understood the word he received like it did for the good ground hearer? Yes or No

TomFL

Lol we not going to get into that. However your deliberately making a false claim is what you need to rectify. Did it read that the stony ground hearer understood the word he received like it did for the good ground hearer? Yes or No
You mean you made a false statement about what i believe and though you have been informed you do not care to correct it ?

Sethproton

Yes I understand that but the issue is how did the man understand the gospel (word) of the kingdom
He understood it by the natural intellect God gave him along with the measure of faith. But to be clear, that measure of faith does not save, it just allows us to understand that God exists and to hear Him communicate to us.
To be saved, a person has to entrust themselves to God. I think we agree on much of this.

TomFL

He understood it by the natural intellect God gave him along with the measure of faith. But to be clear, that measure of faith does not save, it just allows us to understand that God exists and to hear Him communicate to us.
To be saved, a person has to entrust themselves to God. I think we agree on much of this.
Well the Calvinist would not agree based upon his interpretation of 1Cor 2:14

Theo1689

How does Calvinism explain this​

It gets really annoying when you ask, "How does Calvinism explain this", when you couldn't care less how Calvinism "explains" anything, you simply want to respond to any answer we give with, "You are wrong!!!!!"

TomFL

It gets really annoying when you ask, "How does Calvinism explain this", when you couldn't care less how Calvinism "explains" anything, you simply want to respond to any answer we give with, "You are wrong!!!!!"
No one is forcing you to respond or read

If you don't want to be annoyed you have options

TomFL

Please quote where I ever claimed anyone was "forcing [me] to respond or read".
Get over yourself.

Yes, I do.
And responding is one of my "options".
Get over yourself.

get over yourself

No one claimed you stated anything

i merely pointed out your o\iptions

TomFL

That's not your job.
Get over yourself.

I have to wonder why you are TRYING to annoy people.
Is that the least bit "Christian" way to behave?
You always get annoyed whenever your doctrine is questioned

That is on you

besides if Calvinism is true I am only doing what God determined for me to

Theo1689

You always get annoyed whenever your doctrine is questioned

No, I get annoyed when "Christian" bullies throw temper tantrums in forums.

besides if Calvinism is true I am only doing what God determined for me to

Are you denying that you have a will?
If not, claiming God determined you to do it will not absolve you of the consequences for doing it.

"You intended it for evil, but God intended it for good." -- Gen. 50:20.